New Stadium Approved

So despite saying funds raised via DNA will not be diverted to the stadium funding they will be?

Maybe they will just get a 30 year corporate mortgage.

I'm saying that we should be worried about his ability to raise 50m + from who knows where.

- if relying on fans donations is a method of funding transfers etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Budget(s) set too low.

Not enough dough to cover even initial budget(s).

Pie(s) in the sky(skies).

There are similarities you have to admit.

Why do you keep writing pie in the sky over and over? Are you earning commission from someone every time you write it?

The stadium has been given the go ahead, and the club have confirmed they will be launching various fundraising efforts, launching a share issue, selling naming rights and taking the remainder out on a mortgage to fund the project. It's going to happen one way or another.

Do you tell people when they want to buy a new house that it's a pie in the sky idea because they plan to take out a mortgage rather than pay the entire house off in a oner?

Why do you keep writing pie in the sky over and over? Are you earning commission from someone every time you write it?

The stadium has been given the go ahead, and the club have confirmed they will be launching various fundraising efforts, launching a share issue, selling naming rights and taking the remainder out on a mortgage to fund the project. It's going to happen one way or another.

Do you tell people when they want to buy a new house that it's a pie in the sky idea because they plan to take out a mortgage rather than pay the entire house off in a oner?

Because it is pie in the sky (yas,more commission and thanks for you using it too)

GIB is never used eh.

• Downvote 2

So they've got a budget that is more than likely going to go up considerably and they don't have enough money to even cover the initial budget.

Sounds very Kingsford.

;)

C'mon Betty I'm sure even you can see the 2 things are quite different, even if you are against Kingsford.

BUT

When you bought your house did you save up all the money and pay in cash or did you get a mortgage?

C'mon, I'm sure even you can see the 2 things are quite different, even if you are for Kingsford.

• Downvote 1

We are comparing a football club paying for a new stadium which is technically the clubs home, and people buying a home.

You are comparing a football club paying for a new stadium which is technically the clubs home, and a group of people organising a judicial review over a council decision.

Give it up fella.

We are comparing a football club paying for a new stadium which is technically the clubs home, and people buying a home.

You are comparing a football club paying for a new stadium which is technically the clubs home, and a group of people organising a judicial review over a council decision.

Give it up fella.

So they are the same because you used the word "home" regarding them both?

Both have budgets that will likely increase. Both don't have enough to cover initial budgets.

Do I win 2-1 because both have budgets and both don't have enough cash?

Give it up fella.

• Downvote 1

Budget(s) set too low.

Not enough dough to cover even initial budget(s).

Pie(s) in the sky(skies).

There are similarities you have to admit.

Similarities..... not that many.

Funding for the stadium is only just under way and any shortfall will be covered by a mortgage type arrangement I think. And as I say its a construction project that will result in a tangible asset for any debts to be secured against. You can't really expect the club to raise all of the money needed before they even have planning permission for the project to go ahead.

The NKS legal action is proposing to actually aim to start with less money than they will need even by their own estimates.

It results in no tangible asset to secure any debt if they need to borrow.

It produces nothing really in fact, even if they win they won't get their money back, it goes down a black hole with nothing to show in return.

So really fuck all is similar when you look at it properly.

Similarities..... not that many.

Funding for the stadium is only just under way and any shortfall will be covered by a mortgage type arrangement I think. And as I say its a construction project that will result in a tangible asset for any debts to be secured against. You can't really expect the club to raise all of the money needed before they even have planning permission for the project to go ahead.

The NKS legal action is proposing to actually aim to start with less money than they will need even by their own estimates.

It results in no tangible asset to secure any debt if they need to borrow.

It produces nothing really in fact, even if they win they won't get their money back, it goes down a black hole with nothing to show in return.

So really fuck all is similar when you look at it properly.

Apart from the initial budgets being on the low side (to say the least), the likely increase in final costs, the lack of initial funds, the likely shortfalls, assets, debts and mortgages then aye?

Fuck all really then.

• Downvote 1

So they are the same because you used the word "home" regarding them both?

Both have budgets that will likely increase. Both don't have enough to cover initial budgets.

Do I win 2-1 because both have budgets and both don't have enough cash?

Give it up fella.

You are beyond help min

• Upvote 1

Apart from the initial budgets being on the low side (to say the least), the likely increase in final costs, the lack of initial funds, the likely shortfalls, assets, debts and mortgages then aye?

Fuck all really then.

The main difference is that AFC will be able to refinance any mortgage, ask for loans from directors, go for a share issue etc.

There will be an asset to loan against whereas NKS could be just chucking money down a black hole with very little chance of any return.

This new stadium is going to be brilliant! I just know it.

Protection from the weather, better atmosphere, better food outlets, safe standing / singing section, pre-match activities for the kids, bar on site, easy to drive to, nae moaning cunts, can't wait!

This new stadium is going to be brilliant! I just know it.

Protection from the weather, better atmosphere, better food outlets, safe standing / singing section, pre-match activities for the kids, bar on site, easy to drive to, nae moaning cunts, can't wait!

Better sign up for your DNA pronto!

Top Reds only get those perks.

Think you're fucked for the bar since 1700 have signed up already and bar only holds 200. Might sneak into the café ballot though pal.

Kids face painted then a latte. Bliss!

• Downvote 2