New Stadium Approved

This bit was interesting.

An email seen by the Evening Express sent by one NKS campaigner to another last April details advice it received from an organisation which previously brought a judicial review in another case.

In the email, the campaigner said a company could be formed to fight the case and added: “Should the company lose in court then it could be folded so that costs cannot be recovered against it.

“The liability is the costs of any unpaid share capacity – and if we keep this capital at £1 per share and only have three shares then our liabilities will be tiny.”

If they deliberately fold the company then there could be trouble in store for the directors, does anyone on here know if it is legal?

They could come back as "The WANKS"

• Upvote 1

Explain to us your background in the construction of sports stadium's that has led to this conclusion please?

Already been through it lad. Someone pointed to Budapest and Vienna as similar (but more expensive) where the stadiums are open air on the outside and hardly have any facilities on 3 sides, and it's cheaper to build as well. Explain yours thanks.

Already been through it lad. Someone pointed to Budapest and Vienna as similar (but more expensive) where the stadiums are open air on the outside and hardly have any facilities on 3 sides, and it's cheaper to build as well. Explain yours thanks.

So you're background in construction of a football stadium is that somebody once told you another stadium went over budget?

:laughing: come on

So you're background in construction of a football stadium is that somebody once told you another stadium went over budget?

:laughing: come on

You see I used the logic of comparing stadium costs by capacity, country and quality of stadium. Quite straight forward thinking really.

You see I used the logic of comparing stadium costs by capacity, country and quality of stadium. Quite straight forward thinking really.

Your question was legitimate but it's a question nobody on here knows the answer to.

AFC will be working on plans for funding and I imagine information will be released as and when. History tells us thing do go over budget (and behind schedule) so the club better have a contingency plan in place.

Those who felt so strongly against it could have grouped together and protested against it at games etc.

Much like a lot of negativity towards the club these days though, it's all hot air from behind an online account.

• Upvote 4

Your question was legitimate but it's question nobody on here knows the answer to.

AFC will be working on plans for funding and I imagine information will be released when as and when.

Good answer at last. I doubt it will be that transparent to the plebs though.

• Downvote 1

Sweet christmas

Are you genuinely saying you could not work that much out for yourself?

I could work it out. I asked if anyone knew or thought what would happen in the scenario.

I don't trust the club whatsoever.

Finally somebody said we don't know at all but we're putting our faith in the club rather than the attempted digs to deflect from a perfectly valid and logical issue (the club claiming a 20,000 capacity enclosed super modern stadium will cost £40m in Scotland).

I could work it out. I asked if anyone knew or thought what would happen in the scenario.

I don't trust the club whatsoever.

Finally somebody said we don't know at all but we're putting our faith in the club rather than the attempted digs to deflect from a perfectly valid and logical issue (the club claiming a 20,000 capacity enclosed super modern stadium will cost £40m in Scotland).

For what it's worth I think now the decision has been made the pressure needs to be massively ramped up on the club to ensure the new ground is the best it can be, and built with the supporters in mind, not just those with deep pockets.

For what it's worth I think now the decision has been made the pressure needs to be massively ramped up on the club to ensure the new ground is the best it can be, and built with the supporters in mind, not just those with deep pockets.

I agree, and can't see that happening at all. Every new let down about it that I've read on here people defend it. Their brains set to anti WANKS!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I agree, and can't see that happening at all. Every new let down about it that I've read on here people defend it. Their brains set to anti WANKS!

Or maybe they are just tired if listening to spurious made up shite from the same bitter posters.

I don't see anyone saying they trust the club 100% and never have any concerns and think everything will be perfect.

Rather they'd prefer to remain positive, give the club a chance first and wait and see how things progress rather than lose their shit at the slightest unfounded thing

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Explain to us your background in the construction of sports stadium's that has led to this conclusion please?

To be fair a little bit of research shows that there has not been a similar sized stadium built in the last 10 years in the UK that has cost 40mil or under so it is fairly likely that the initial/current 40mil budget will have to be increased by circa (imo) 10-15mil.

At the moment the stadium (Phase Two) is on a back burner and I personally feel Phase One needs to be all systems go (albeit 20years too late) and completed to the very highest standard with little or no tinkering required for many years after completion and if that costs an extra 2-5mil to the current 10mil budget then so be it.

• Upvote 1

To be fair a little bit of research shows that there has not been a similar sized stadium built in the last 10 years in the UK that has cost 40mil or under so it is fairly likely that the initial/current 40mil budget will have to be increased by circa (imo) 10-15mil.

At the moment the stadium (Phase Two) is on a back burner and I personally feel Phase One needs to be all systems go (albeit 20years too late) and completed to the very highest standard with little or no tinkering required for many years after completion and if that costs an extra 2-5mil to the current 10mil budget then so be it.

Sensible post.

Let's see some progress and give the club a chance rather than look for negatives, moans, scaremongering and generally shitting it about moving stadium - its not going to happen for ages anyway and loads has still to be decided

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Or maybe they are just tired if listening to spurious made up shite from the same bitter posters.

I don't see anyone saying they trust the club 100% and never have any concerns and think everything will be perfect.

Rather they'd prefer to remain positive, give the club a chance first and wait and see how things progress rather than lose their shit at the slightest unfounded thing

Eh?

All my posts in this thread today have been serious. I asked a question and the same boring cunts as always including yourself took turns to have a go.

You're just a greetin faced cunt. That's all I get from your posts.

I think that everyone knows that you fucking hate the club. We all get that. You've made your point quite clearly. I feel you have nothing left to offer, you may as well just fucking bore off.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Eh?

All my posts in this thread today have been serious. I asked a question and the same boring cunts as always including yourself took turns to have a go.

What's "serious" about just making up a load of old shit and asking people stupid fucking questions?

Ps- The most boring cunt in this thread is you, hands down winner. You really don't seem to have any awareness of how your posts come across, you just plough on then take umbrage when people respond.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's "serious" about just making up a load of old shit and asking people stupid fucking questions?

Ps- The most boring cunt in this thread is you, hands down winner. You really don't seem to have any awareness of how your posts come across, you just plough on then take umbrage when people respond.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

What did I make up? I compared it to actual situations.

Asked a question no one could answer so you all replied with the same tiresome attempted digs. First genuine answer I fully accepted.

Give a real answer rather than 20 pillocks piling in and it'll save you from having to read the same shite as always.

• Upvote 1

I think that everyone knows that you fucking hate the club. We all get that. You've made your point quite clearly. I feel you have nothing left to offer, you may as well just fucking bore off.

Oh here's another one of absolute nonsense. My fault of course.

That response completely fails to address any of the issues in the first article though. They just state they believe they have a chance of winning it - which is largely irrelevant to the points made.

The first article is about whether they can even afford to bring the case given that they may need to prove they can afford to pay costs for the defendants if they lose it and also whether they will be permitted to use an off the shelf company structure to avoid paying such costs - something you might think would be prevented since that company serves no other purpose other than to allow them to avoid paying the costs in the event of a loss by liquidating the company or whatever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Exactly.

Its ridiculously childish to drone about the same negative crap endlessly and then actually complain when people don't engage with it seriously enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can we leave it like that for at least 6months please!

THREAD SUSPENDED!

:)

Exactly.

Its ridiculously childish to drone about the same negative crap endlessly and then actually complain when people don't engage with it seriously enough.

What will happen if it's well over budget because the estimate is clearly too low?

NEGATIVE CRAP HAHAHA

Pointless forum.