New Stadium Approved

Ridiculous.

Are they really going to go through this whole debacle every time somebody wants to build something near them? Have people donating tens of thousands of pounds, protesting at site entrances, getting caught making fraudulent FOI requests and so on?

Doubt it. Thoroughly looking forward to them being told to go do one by the judicial review (if they even get that far).

Is anything really comparable to a red football stadium right at the entry of a tiny town? It's almost unbelievable Aberdeen managed to get such an idea approved.

How could this fit in to the setting less?

Kingsford1.jpg

As a Westhill resident I think it'll look fantastic if that picture is anything to go by. And besides if you could scroll a little bit to the left all there is is industrial units so its not really going to look out of place at all.

Is anything really comparable to a red football stadium right at the entry of a tiny town? It's almost unbelievable Aberdeen managed to get such an idea approved.

Kingsford1.jpg

ure

As a Westhill resident I think it'll look fantastic if that picture is anything to go by. And besides if you could scroll a little bit to the left all there is is industrial units so its not really going to look out of place at all.

ure

I have 2 functioning eyes and can tell you it's out of place.

vgSI3iB.jpg

Not only that, but what an unbelievably shite place for a football stadium.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Kingsford1.jpg

TBH that is one pishy looking grun!

If this was another top flight Scottish team building it and 7 miles from their current home we'd all be laughing like fuck.

C'mon! You know we would.

• Downvote 5

I've always wondered why you have a picture of the proposed stadium on your profile when you're clearly anti the new stadium, or at least its location. Are you being ironic?

I'm not anti-kingsford at all. I'm just nae an #AllForAurora twittering cunt.

• Site Sponsor

Kingsford1.jpg

What a fucking fantastic edifice.

Canna wait till it's built and the nimbys implode with rage.

GIB

What's the story there? We're police called as she was mentioned?

How can your name be avoided if you are one of the main names & faces associated with a campaign?

I don't think it was so much to do with her name being mentioned and more to do with a certain poster wishing to get a chocolate finger off of her. Allegedly.

How did they get names and home addresses from users on here, though? That's what I don't get. Did the admin on here have to provide the details?

Surely to fuck police aren't wasting their time doing sophisticated IP address searches and tracking over something so trivial?! Surely not??

How did they get names and home addresses from users on here, though? That's what I don't get. Did the admin on here have to provide the details?

Surely to fuck police aren't wasting their time doing sophisticated IP address searches and tracking over something so trivial?! Surely not??

At this point 60% of Grampian Polices workload is generated by this site.

Whilst I can accept that, I can't work out how they got full names and addresses from usernames.

Is there a rat in our midst?

I think the police can ask the site establishment for email addresses and can then do some IT work.

Basically, use a fake email address and you can speak about chocolate fingers and mouses ears until the cows come home (or the stadium is built)

It's been covered in detail, in this thread maybe. Basically, everything was fine until @@The Boofon fucked it for everybody.

I think the police can ask the site establishment for email addresses and can then do some IT work.

Basically, use a fake email address and you can speak about chocolate fingers and mouses ears until the cows come home (or the stadium is built)

Fair enough. I just hope no one has been charged like! Must be fucking cringe explaining to wife etc why the police were over. Fuck!

TBH that is one pishy looking grun!

If this was another top flight Scottish team building it and 7 miles from their current home we'd all be laughing like fuck.

C'mon! You know we would.

You're right, if Hibs were planning on moving to Straiton - as they once were and their fans said no - with equivalent plans, then everyone here would be able to see what a daft idea it is. They'd think their fans would get bored very quickly of the singular bar and buses out the city.

Great stuff from the HSA in 2003. Unlike the @@donssupporterstogether jokers.

However, Dougan insists those pubs, along with a string of other businesses in the area, would be left fearing for their future, if Hibs opt for the site which is available at Straiton.

"Football is not just about 90 minutes, it is a social activity before and after."

The HSA statement, released yesterday, added: "Leith needs Hibs. The situation of the stadium supports many local shops, pubs and community groups. The supporters feel that the football club owes loyalty to the community that has supported it for the last hundred years and more."

The association also brought attention to a letter it had received from the club, dated 1 May, launching its new community strategy, and containing the pledge: "Hibernian FC is a community club, committed to playing a full and constructive role in the communities in which it operates."

Bill Alcorn, the HSA secretary, said: "We welcomed this acknowledgement of the place that football holds in the social fabric of the local community. Within six weeks this became yet another broken promise.

"The current board of directors must listen to the views of those who fill the stands each home game. Supporters have welcomed the investment that has been made in the new stands, and believed this was a public endorsement of Sir Tom’s pledge to stay at Easter Road.

"They are confused by the figures that are now being published [the club reporting they are up to 17million in debt], when just three months ago the managing director told fans that Hibs were ‘comfortable in their ability to service the debt’.

"The supporters’ association is only one part of the Hibs family, and we invite all other interested groups who oppose the Straiton plans to join us in our determination to overturn this unthinkable proposal."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're right, if Hibs were planning on moving to Straiton - as they once were and their fans said no - with equivalent plans, then everyone here would be able to see what a daft idea it is. They'd think their fans would get bored very quickly of the singular bar and buses out the city.

However, Dougan insists those pubs, along with a string of other businesses in the area, would be left fearing for their future, if Hibs opt for the site which is available at Straiton.

"Football is not just about 90 minutes, it is a social activity before and after."

The HSA statement, released yesterday, added: "Leith needs Hibs. The situation of the stadium supports many local shops, pubs and community groups. The supporters feel that the football club owes loyalty to the community that has supported it for the last hundred years and more."

Any business, shop or pub that survives solely on a few hours of business every second week has no fucking right to still be in business!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

The association also brought attention to a letter it had received from the club, dated 1 May, launching its new community strategy, and containing the pledge: "Hibernian FC is a community club, committed to playing a full and constructive role in the communities in which it operates."

Bill Alcorn, the HSA secretary, said: "We welcomed this acknowledgement of the place that football holds in the social fabric of the local community. Within six weeks this became yet another broken promise.

"The current board of directors must listen to the views of those who fill the stands each home game. Supporters have welcomed the investment that has been made in the new stands, and believed this was a public endorsement of Sir Tom’s pledge to stay at Easter Road.

"They are confused by the figures that are now being published [the club reporting they are up to 17million in debt], when just three months ago the managing director told fans that Hibs were ‘comfortable in their ability to service the debt’.

"The supporters’ association is only one part of the Hibs family, and we invite all other interested groups who oppose the Straiton plans to join us in our determination to overturn this unthinkable proposal."

Who gives a fuck what Hibs did or didn't do.

Fuck Hibs