New Stadium Approved

Sevco were posting stats today about how fans travel to Ibrox which were interesting.

They say 32,500 travel from outwith Glasgow!

35,000 travel by car.

8,500 by supporters bus

4,500 use the subway

Shuttle buses lads, that's your answer. Should get those car journeys down no bother.

Sevco were posting stats today about how fans travel to Ibrox which were interesting.

35,000 travel by car.

8,500 by supporters bus

4,500 use the subway

Shuttle buses lads, that's your answer. Should get those car journeys down no bother.

Your point is?

You do realise that nobody actually believes shuttle buses are the answer and that folk know they wont be used? AFC had to put something in the planning application to get it through. They cant make folk use them if they don't want to.

35,000 travel by car.

8,500 by supporters bus

4,500 use the subway

So building a stadium right by the bypass would make sense then if you were Aberdeen...

35,000 travel by car.

8,500 by supporters bus

4,500 use the subway

Because the club couldn't run the shuttle buses from BoD, Craibstone, Kingswells and Cove park and rides could they? Covers most folk who come from out of the city by car

35,000 travel by car.

8,500 by supporters bus

4,500 use the subway

Disgusting, glory hunting bastards

Is this just an initial contract, to clear the site and get it ready for the building of the training facility? Then a further contract will be tendered for that, plus another one for the building of the new stadium?

You'd imagine that WM Donald, and McIntosh Plant Hire, will both be "subbied" into the various elements of the project

I know if I was the one putting together the bid I'd be straight on to WM Donald as a preferred subcontractor...

I know if I was the one putting together the bid I'd be straight on to WM Donald as a preferred subcontractor...

That wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

Honestly I'm amazed the SMH group aren't building it. Did a bang up job on the RDS.

Guest RosemountRed

That wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

Honestly I'm amazed the SMH group aren't building it. Did a bang up job on the RDS.

Have they bid for it?

On the subject as football transport, remember when there used to be "Football Special" trains for most away games? They were the most shitey carriages BR had but suited most of us cos they would get trashed. Slashed seats, graffiti and massive carry oots. Just shows how football/supporters have changed.

Wifies, metrosexuals n spoilt bairns noo.

• Upvote 1

On the subject as football transport, remember when there used to be "Football Special" trains for most away games? They were the most shitey carriages BR had but suited most of us cos they would get trashed. Slashed seats, graffiti and massive carry oots. Just shows how football/supporters have changed.

Great memories of them including £15 return to Kings Cross for Wembley game. It went up to £17,50 fir 1977 but beating

them made up for it. £25 return in 1979.

Sadly it seems to only be the UK that doesn't carry this sort of service any more.

Disgusting, glory hunting bastards

We joke about Glasgow, but the worst huns are based in the satellite towns surrounding the city. Cave dwelling dregs that can't afford to live in a city.

Wait, what? Now I'm confused...... so we can't get drunk and get a bus to the ABZ RED BOWL?

Jesus Christ, I can't think of anything worse. All my future trips to Dons home games will have to be VIP affairs...

:hypno:

Great memories of them including £15 return to Kings Cross for Wembley game. It went up to £17,50 fir 1977 but beating

them made up for it. £25 return in 1979.

Showing yer age there Tommy min. Nae Wembley game for me until the 80's ('81 0-1 pen game). A mere pup me, ye auld cunt! ;)