New Stadium Approved

On the subject as football transport, remember when there used to be "Football Special" trains for most away games? They were the most shitey carriages BR had but suited most of us cos they would get trashed. Slashed seats, graffiti and massive carry oots. Just shows how football/supporters have changed.

Wifies, metrosexuals n spoilt bairns noo.

That's entertainment......That's entertainm...uuuh.... uuhnt.......la,la la, la

• Upvote 1

I don't get the fuss. Can people from Bridge of Don not go to the pub in Bridge of Don, get on a shuttle bus leaving from Bridge of Don, go to game, get shuttle bus back then go back to the pub?

Repeat for Portlethen, Dyce, Culter etc etc

Yeah no doubt thats what most people will do but the more amenities around the stadium the better . I'm a Westhill resident myself so no issue for me to walk

Do you not understand the concept of buses being "laid on"?

Nae difficult surely

Of course I do. You're mad if you think Aberdeen will be laying on £10k's of buses a game.

The crowd will drop by one...You. You're a fucking bellend. You ask questions, folk answer it then you change the context of your question because you don't like the answer. Face facts, as things stand right now the stadium is getting build in Kingsford. Unless something major happens like ACC gifting Aberdeen land for nothing to build at another location or something else as miraculous, this is not going to change no matter how much you greet about it. Is the location the PERFECT location? No its not but its what we can afford and most folk accept that.

:blahblah1:

I'm not a fan of Kingsfords location but I don't agree with some of what ABZ RED says but there is nae need for the recent abuse imo.

In the last 3 posts he's been called a cretin, a fucking bellend and should be laid out.

Its a forum ffs and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Chill the fuck oot lads eh.

They can rage type all the abuse into their keyboards that they want.

Kingsford is an absurd place for a football stadium, as the few normal people that support Aberdeen and fans of every other team can see.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Site Sponsor

Of course I do. You're mad if you think Aberdeen will be laying on £10k's of buses a game.

:blahblah1:

They can rage type all the abuse into their keyboards that they want.

Kingsford is an absurd place for a football stadium, as the few normal people that support Aberdeen and fans of every other team can see.

Ok, here we go again.

Point me to my quote where I said the club would be laying on free buses.

Wifies, metrosexuals n spoilt bairns noo.

Which one are you Betty?

Yeah no doubt thats what most people will do but the more amenities around the stadium the better . I'm a Westhill resident myself so no issue for me to walk

So the Redstrummers Arms to be opened in your garage for Hat members (1000 club only)

That wouldn't be a conflict of interest.

Honestly I'm amazed the SMH group aren't building it. Did a bang up job on the RDS.

Boring fact- the part of SM group (Construction) that built the RDS was sold a few years ago to Keir Group. Cant imagine that any other part of SM group would have an interest in building the stadium

Buses will be free apparently. 110 buses hired every game, sure it won't cost much more than maintaining Pittodrie.

Does seem a bit of a ridiculous number - but in all honesty I can't see anywhere near that many being needed.

110 buses could carry 4000+ fans and that's just assuming they only make 1 trip each and are 3 quarters full.

Does seem a bit of a ridiculous number - but in all honesty I can't see anywhere near that many being needed.

110 buses could carry 4000+ fans and that's just assuming they only make 1 trip each and are 3 quarters full.

If people are parking at the park and ride, then surely they'll be paying the same as everyone else who uses the P&R?

There may be some free buses at first, but there are shuttle buses that currently run to Pittodrie and they aren't free.

If people are parking at the park and ride, then surely they'll be paying the same as everyone else who uses the P&R?

There may be some free buses at first, but there are shuttle buses that currently run to Pittodrie and they aren't free.

The travel plan states:

"Free shuttle buses to transport supporters from the City Centre and Park and Ride sites at Kingswells, Dyce and Bridge of Don."

The detailed shuttle bus timetable then states the City Centre pickups as Rose Street, College Street and Shiprow.

Buses will be free apparently. 110 buses hired every game, sure it won't cost much more than maintaining Pittodrie.

Going back to that small discussion on here about maintenance costs - stadiums for the World Cup estimated at £2.3m-£5.7m a year http://www.dw.com/en/who-will-pay-for-russias-oversized-world-cup-stadiums/a-43350611

From such information I can only take that the idea of saving money from Pittodrie maintenance costs is incorrect.