New Stadium Approved

I'd like to see it behind the goals. Think it would have more of an impact there rather than being crammed away in the corner.

The club would really need to do their own survey to gauge how many people would want it. No point having safe standing for 3500 people if only half of that are interested in using it.

Indeed, seems like a fairly simple thing for the club to determine. Email/phone all existing season ticket holders and ask if they will be wanting to move to the standing section. Add a few hundred more for part timers. If it gains popularity from there then the club can expand the section as and when required.

Does securing the site constitute starting the works?

Or are the WANKS just spouting shite again and publishing misleading information in an attempt to cause outrage and stir up trouble?

Ken, all that's been done is the grass has been cut and a metal fence is being put around the site. Both of which the farmer could have done at any time without any planning consent. Hysterics.

Guest RosemountRed

Does securing the site constitute starting the works?

Or are the WANKS just spouting shite again and publishing misleading information in an attempt to cause outrage and stir up trouble?

No definitely not.

All that is being done is securing the site (erecting a perimeter fence) and preparing the ground by cutting all the grass and plants down.

The WANKS are lying yet again, bad bunch of nonces.

Bit of a public allegation to make isn't it?

Hope they have their facts right there.

Would also be interesting to see how they officially raised the question with the council and got that immediate response - or did they circumvent official channels to do that?

We've already seen they had at least 1 council employee assisting their campaign in a very underhand way in my opinion (using hidden identities etc)

Guest RosemountRed

Bit of a public allegation to make isn't it?

Hope they have their facts right there.

Would also be interesting to see how they officially raised the question with the council and got that immediate response - or did they circumvent official channels to do that?

We've already seen they had at least 1 council employee assisting their campaign in a very underhand way in my opinion (using hidden identities etc)

Hasn't made a bit of difference as work is continuing at the site.

• Site Sponsor

Hasn't made a bit of difference as work is continuing at the site.

Oh, but according to the WANKs if the Club starts work on the site, once the WANKs "win" the battle the Club will be forced to return the land to the state it was at the Club's expense, don't you know.

Did you read the email? It mentions on three separate occasions that the plans are their own mock-up.

Of the two options they gave (corner or behind the goal) I'd prefer the behind the goal safe standing. Would also be keen on the away fans having safe standing if that provides a better atmosphere.

Yeah i read it back and noticed that , still looks good imo

Nice wee response from the club today in regards to some recent claims and false facts from the WANKS

A quick update and to clarify some information in relation to the training complex and the information published yesterday by the No Kingsford group.

First, the club have NOT started the development, the work being carried out is the erection of security fencing around the perimeter of the site to make it secure and to comply with Health and Safety to enable a site start once the club have cleared the suspensive planning conditions for Phase 1.

The Planning Department have been on-site to inspect the works that are being carried out and are in agreement that what has been done does not constitute a site start therefore no ‘notice of initiation of development’ is required at this point.

The club will issue the notice once the planning conditions have been cleared and they are ready to start the earthworks proper.

The training facilities are still on schedule to be completed by June/July 2019 and the earliest possible stadium completion would be for the 2021/22 season.

https://www.kingsfordstadium.co.uk/aberdeen-fc-training-complex-update/

Guest RosemountRed

Shock, so the WANKS were speaking shite and wasting the Council's time again, the person running that page is becoming increasingly unhinged.

Shock, so the WANKS were speaking shite and wasting the Council's time again, the person running that page is becoming increasingly unhinged.

When I saw their moan yesterday I did a Wallace and e mailed it to AFC asking them if they could put them right.

Apparently several people did the same.

Safe to say they won’t correct their page to show they were speaking shite.

• Upvote 2
  • Site Sponsor

When I saw their moan yesterday I did a Wallace and e mailed it to AFC asking them if they could put them right.

Apparently several people did the same.

Safe to say they won’t correct their page to show they were speaking shite.

Now a statement on the WANKs website "correcting" what they posted yesterday.

Of course, it's all the fault of the Council in that the information fed to them by the Council led them to believe...

Never their fault for speaking shite lol

https://www.facebook.com/pg/SayNoToKingsfordStadium/posts/

Drove past it yesterday en route back from work.

It's a field that they are going to turn into a few training pitches and a stadium, fence round the perimeter.

Not very exciting. I can't wait for it to be built like, very much buzzing - as I'm excited for the club and fans. I am not buying into the shite of 'RIP Aberdeen' etc etc. For starters, I know of many people who'd get a season book again when the stadium is built, myself and the girls included.

Folk driving out to see it and take pictures, pretty much loser behaviour that. Get a ride.

Where did this term "season book" come from?

Hear the weegies saying it re Gerrard "only here to sell season books".

Even when it actually was a book with numbered tickets it was still a season ticket imo.