Aberdeen 4 - 2 Dundee United

Next season will be the real test for McInnes. He will have a full season of the Huns, Hearts & Hibs at a stronger level of competition than what he has had to now. We will still only have a half strength Utd, if at all but a full season of the other three sides all with a decent & realistic chance of competing with us for second will be the real test for him. If he manages second next season he will have achieved more than in any of the previous seasons second places. This season also to an extent but next season will be tougher.

Next season will be the real test for McInnes. He will have a full season of the Huns, Hearts & Hibs at a stronger level of competition than what he has had to now. We will still only have a half strength Utd, if at all but a full season of the other three sides all with a decent & realistic chance of competing with us for second will be the real test for him. If he manages second next season he will have achieved more than in any of the previous seasons second places. This season also to an extent but next season will be tougher.

Saturday night min

Gwa oot and frollic

can't I make more than one point without them having to be directly linked?

I also didn't say that we only finished second because blah blah. What I actually implied was that we only finished second so consistently because over the period we were facing a far weaker combination of opponents, so I just agreed with Laszlo.

We very wel could have finished second at one time if all the cards fell well if all the better teams were up there challenging but we wouldn't have done it 3 or 4 years running.

If you really believe that the team we have is so great. Why have we only won a LC whilst being so dominant over all?

I never said we were great, I was arguing about your point that we only finished 2nd because of no Rangers, Hearts or Hibs.

Cup wins are irrelevant. Even Celtic have had their fair share of cup defeats to teams they should be putting away.

How do you know? All three could be weaker next season.

Two seasons ago was supposed to be the real test for McInnes, then it was last season, then it was this season. Now it's next season apparently.

I don't get the completely insular, boring and unfunny 'Oh, you've never lived anywhere but Aberdeen, too? Let's pat ourselves on the back and put down our worldwide support' angle (but carry on). :sleeping:

Agreed. " insular, boring and unfunny"...Nailed it. It's very rare to meet a Dons fan overseas (Oz, anyway), hence the reason i enjoy the forum and the opinions and the banter.

Living your whole life in Aberdeen. Cool. Why is being born there and moving away for any reason a problem? Why is never having set foot in Aberdeen but supporting the Dons an issue?

It's narrow minded and like you Scotty, I don't get it...at all.

• Upvote 2

Agreed. " insular, boring and unfunny"...Nailed it. It's very rare to meet a Dons fan overseas (Oz, anyway), hence the reason i enjoy the forum and the opinions and the banter.

Living your whole life in Aberdeen. Cool. Why is being born there and moving away for any reason a problem? Why is never having set foot in Aberdeen but supporting the Dons an issue?

Isn't the answer within your questions?

Can we perhaps get back on topic please?

Think this one will harder than most people think as the Arabs will have something to prove. However a McGinn and Rooney double will see us win 2-0 in front of a 11,328 crowd.

COYR!

Are you new to the hat? Youve got more chance of becoming president of Venezuela than you have of a thread on the hat staying on topic??

Can we perhaps get back on topic please?

Think this one will harder than most people think as the Arabs will have something to prove. However a McGinn and Rooney double will see us win 2-0 in front of a 11,328 crowd.

COYR!

Yeah very nervous about this one... we wouldn't hear the end of it if we get beat here...

Everyone is expecting us to crush them... hope the team don't let us down!

A lot of folk on here have a 'your not from round these parts' village mentality. They'd be happier with home crowds of 5000 as long as they're all born and bred Aberdonians. Small town mindset.