Aberdeen 4 - 2 Dundee United

I see there nobody manager is having a go at us basically saying we have only been second because all the big guns like them have been out of the league

Empty words. He was in the Main Stand watching us on Saturday.

Four point from their last five games; only Dumbarton and Brechin have worse form in that division.

I'll be disappointed if we give them less than three.

• Upvote 1

Think it's more the Sunday 4.30 KO time rather than TV and weather that would put folk off.

Nae sure if I can be ersed wi' it mysel' yet.

I thought 4.30 was a decent kick-off. Plenty of drinking time even after a Sunday morning lie-in. Surprised to see so many being put off by it.

If you take away Fraser Fyvie, Willo Flood and Paul Quinn given they are our cast-offs, I can only name Scott McDonald as well if truth be told.

I have no idea about their team, nor do I give a fuck.

Forgot about Flood and Fyvie. Had nae idea Paul Quinn played for them.

Will be disappointed if we put less than 4 past them.

I didn't know about Paul Quinn either until pretty recently if truth be told. . . I can't remember why I was looking for him (infact it might have been the same reason as yourself, and not having a clue about any players that play for them, then stumbled onto the fact Quinn played for them).

I watched them get gubbed by Falkirk and if you thought Quinn was shite with us, he's actually worse now. Hopefully they line up with him in central defence.

Keep talking Shabba!

I see there nobody manager is having a go at us basically saying we have only been second because all the big guns like them have been out of the league

We may not like to hear it & some may think it lessons our achievements over the past few seasons of consistency but what he is saying is essentially true.

Aberdeen have been the main side that was stable enough over the whole period of time to take advantage where the all the bigger clubs except for Celtic & Aberdeen have gone through some kind of form, financial, or identity crisis in some way. Causing each of them to exit the top league. Maybe St Johnstone have had a decent run of it also during this period.

Just because you don't like to read what he is saying & read it with some perspective rather than bias. It doesn't mean what he is saying is not essentially true, or at very least very plausible & something that plenty people will feel similarly about.

• Downvote 1

We may not like to hear it & some may think it lessons our achievements over the past few seasons of consistency but what he is saying is essentially true.

Aberdeen have been the main side that was stable enough over the whole period of time to take advantage where the all the bigger clubs except for Celtic & Aberdeen have gone through some kind of form, financial, or identity crisis in some way. Causing each of them to exit the top league. Maybe St Johnstone have had a decent run of it also during this period.

Just because you don't like to read what he is saying & read it with some perspective rather than bias. It doesn't mean what he is saying is not essentially true, or at very least very plausible & something that plenty people will feel similarly about.

If there's been no challenge, where's all,our cup wins then? The boys a balloon, trying to deflect from how garbage his team/club is and the Dundee minks lap it up, because they'd rather have a dig at Aberdeen than accept that their club is mince

What the fuck are you on about?

Quite clearly we have had less competition in general over the years than we could class as normal. That is all he is saying & that McInnes has done very well to be the one to capitalise on that.

We as Aberdeen fans do not like this truth being said because it feels like it takes something away from our consistent run of second places & our claim to be the second best team in Scotland.

We may not like it & that was probably his main aim in what he said & it worked obviously but there is still a lot of truth to what he said.

Basically the truth hurts you precious people a bit.

• Downvote 4

Mind when Jackie had Shift-key and all his wee stars and we still finished above them? Or when Hearts came back up and were going to immediately overthrow us?

Or when the huns got to the top flight and it was business as usual? We've had plenty of competition and we've comfortably seen it off.

• Upvote 2

Mind when Jackie had Shift-key and all his wee stars and we still finished above them? Or when Hearts came back up and were going to immediately overthrow us?

Or when the huns got to the top flight and it was business as usual? We've had plenty of competition and we've comfortably seen it off.

Utd had Jackie lol. That says enough there but whilst they were up, others were down.

Hearts still didn't have the financial advantage that had in the past & as above, even when they came up again, others were down.

Laszlo is still only pointing out the truth. He didn't actually state that it is the only reason we have been stronger. Just that others misfortunes, or poor stewardship has been to our advantage. Like it or not he is correct

Sevco have had a bigger budget than McInnes in each of his 5 seasons with us.

Sevco have never won a major trophy or finished above Aberdeen in that time (or ever).

What channel's that on and how does it work? Is it like a foursomes (in golf) where pairs of comedians take alternate go's at hitting a golf ball and then telling a gag? How is the gag scored? I'd watch it.

I couldn't think of a worse time for a game than a sunday evening. I'd rather play it at 9am than 4:30pm.

Brutal.

Difficult for our out-of-town fans who are travelling up/down, yes.