Aberdeen 4 - 2 Dundee United

And that's why I know you are an idiot.

SEE YI.

Lol. Because I said right rather than correct.

Who the fuck actually cares about petty little mistakes like that? Especially when these little errors are pretty much the norm in today's language.

Are you a scholar of the English language? How joyful it must be to know you are so proper.

Anyhoo...

I thought 4.30 was a decent kick-off. Plenty of drinking time even after a Sunday morning lie-in. Surprised to see so many being put off by it.

Aha.

Too much additional drinking time is the danger that many will consider.

Drink too much beforehand, sober up during the match, then because of the enhanced thirst and/or boozy heed, go straight on it after the match.

Before you know it, chucked out the pub at closing time, having started drinking when the pubs opened.

=

Fucked Monday.

A risk many will avoid by just watching in the safety of their hoose.

That's the way this plays out through my world view.

Don't judge me on that though... :checkit:

Lol. Because I said right rather than correct.

Who the fuck actually cares about petty little mistakes like that? Especially when these little errors are pretty much the norm in today's language.

Are you a scholar of the English language? How joyful it must be to know you are so proper.

Your entire argument is full of holes though in that it assumes some sort of permanent status quo.

Clubs are responsible for putting a good team on the park but also for recruiting within their budget. If other clubs can't manage their finances then they will ultimately suffer. By spending money they can't afford they are also creating a false status quo.

Leeds United were one of the most successful clubs in England in the 60s and 70s. Then they slipped for a long time before they came back to the top using a completely unsustainable recruitment policy. They've been in the wilderness ever since. No one in England says that Leeds used to be a big club so it's easier for man Utd or Liverpool to win the title now they aren't there.

Times change. Nothing is permanent

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Your entire argument is full of holes though in that it assumes some sort of permanent status quo. By spending money they can't afford they are also creating a false status quo. .... using a completely unsustainable recruitment policy

Times change. Nothing is permanent

Unless the game is manipulated to artificially sustain, and indeed to go to the extreme of artificially recreating said status quo.

Whod be fucking stupid enough to go and watch that (outwith the glory hunting wanks of the status quo obv.)

And yet these are precisely the conditions that were considering a club transforming £50m investment in!

• Downvote 1
Guest the shepherd

All has made our last few years easier than we had in the past.

Stop crying & accept it.

If all had been at full strength at once over our past four seasons then we would not have had quite such an easy run.

Just because a foreign fool like Csaba Laszlo points it out & you don't like it it doesn't make it less true.

Cannot understand why you keep on saying that when the likes of Hearts, Hibs, and Dundee United (and not forgetting the dissolved club formerly known as rangers FC) when down it made it easier for Aberdeen. Teams came up via promotion replacing the relegated and dissolved clubs on merit, and still had to be played and beat, so I just don't get your rationale. It's as though you are saying certain clubs should be spared relegation and dissolution just because of who they are.

You have completely downgraded what Derek McInnes has done at Aberdeen, for what? I think you are at it and are a mole who supports someone other than Aberdeen.

Unless the game is manipulated to artificially sustain, and indeed to go to the extreme of artificially recreating said status quo.

Whod be fucking stupid enough to go and watch that (outwith the glory hunting wanks of the status quo obv.)

And yet these are precisely the conditions that were considering a club transforming £50m investment in!

Aye it's a ludicrous state of affairs

Cannot understand why you keep on saying that when the likes of Hearts, Hibs, and Dundee United (and not forgetting the dissolved club formerly known as rangers FC) when down it made it easier for Aberdeen. Teams came up via promotion replacing the relegated and dissolved clubs on merit, and still had to be played and beat, so I just don't get your rationale. It's as though you are saying certain clubs should be spared relegation and dissolution just because of who they are.

You have completely downgraded what Derek McInnes has done at Aberdeen, for what? I think you are at it and are a mole who supports someone other than Aberdeen.

I haven't down graded anything. He has gotten a few second places & League cup. How could I have downgraded that?

I have only said what I would have said if it had been any other side in our same position, to have prospered during the demise of the other clubs.

I can accept we have done well during & from the other clubs misfortune or poor stewardship & am not in full on denial that it had nothing to do with aiding our gains.

Some real delusional people here if they seriously believe we would have had 3rd,2nd,2nd,2nd if all the previously mentioned sides had been even close to normal stature during those past four seasons.

Even now Hibs are better but still just finding their feet.

Huns are also still trying to find their feet.

Hearts had half season with Cathryn but have since turned things around to look more like the Hearts of old.

Still no Utd.

All these sides would be considered the top sides in Scotland & will remain as such with the odd change of a team like Dundee, or Motherwell swapping with one or two now & again.

We are second at moment & fair enough we had to change a couple of players at the start of the season but we still have had a steadier transition even this season compared to all the teams mentioned. Hibs have gone from playing championship sides to top flight. Hearts changed managers & half team twice. Huns the same.

Anyhoo...

Aha.

Too much additional drinking time is the danger that many will consider.

Drink too much beforehand, sober up during the match, then because of the enhanced thirst and/or boozy heed, go straight on it after the match.

Before you know it, chucked out the pub at closing time, having started drinking when the pubs opened.

=

Fucked Monday.

A risk many will avoid by just watching in the safety of their hoose.

That's the way this plays out through my world view.

Don't judge me on that though... :checkit:

sounds great :hypno: I'm nightshift Monday night so long lie in on Monday....Sorted...Steaming it is :D

I haven't down graded anything. He has gotten a few second places & League cup. How could I have downgraded that?

I have only said what I would have said if it had been any other side in our same position, to have prospered during the demise of the other clubs.

I can accept we have done well during & from the other clubs misfortune or poor stewardship & am not in full on denial that it had nothing to do with aiding our gains.

Some real delusional people here if they seriously believe we would have had 3rd,2nd,2nd,2nd if all the previously mentioned sides had been even close to normal stature during those past four seasons.

Even now Hibs are better but still just finding their feet.

Huns are also still trying to find their feet.

Hearts had half season with Cathryn but have since turned things around to look more like the Hearts of old.

Still no Utd.

All these sides would be considered the top sides in Scotland & will remain as such with the odd change of a team like Dundee, or Motherwell swapping with one or two now & again.

We are second at moment & fair enough we had to change a couple of players at the start of the season but we still have had a steadier transition even this season compared to all the teams mentioned. Hibs have gone from playing championship sides to top flight. Hearts changed managers & half team twice. Huns the same.

Based on what?

Based on us not actually being that great. Had we been a good enough side to have achieved that level of consistency against a better level of opposition then we would have won more than one LC on penalties against what really has been a lower standard of opposition in general

You never give up with this shite, do you?

The standard of opposition is a level judged by the standard we are currently playing at. Nothing else. We are better than the opposition you refer to. If we weren't, their standard would be higher.

Get over it ffs.

PS that United manager has really done a number on you, you sad cunt.

Based on us not actually being that great. Had we been a good enough side to have achieved that level of consistency against a better level of opposition then we would have won more than one LC on penalties against what really has been a lower standard of opposition in general

But we've broken the record points total for a non-Old Firm club twice. Not one Aberdeen fan can argue we haven't been bloody consistent in the league. Even this season despite all the criticisms our points total is still on a par with previous years.

So how can you state like it's a fact that if there was a strong Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, we wouldn't be 2nd? There's every chance we would be. We've lost three times to Rangers and we're still above them. We've not beat Hearts but we're miles ahead. Hibs have taken 8 points off the Old Firm but are still behind us.

Many would argue that Rangers, Hearts and Hibs actually are all strong now, but apparently it's still down to sheer luck we're above them.

• Upvote 3

What we have done has been easier to do because the opposition has been collectively weaker.

That is all I am saying. We have been good but not really much better than the side Jimmy Calderwood managed in 08.

Consistency has been a blessing for us. The consistency of one or a few of the normally stronger Scottish teams being gone or fucked up in some ways

What we have done has been easier to do because the opposition has been collectively weaker.

No it's not, because we've lost twice to Celtic, three times to Rangers, drawn twice to Hearts.

And yet, we're second.

So where's the evidence we wouldn't have been second with a strong Rangers, Hearts or Hibs in previous years? Especially since in previous seasons we've had a better record against the better sides.

That is all I am saying. We have been good but not really much better than the side Jimmy Calderwood managed in 08.

I had a sneaky feeling you were fine and dandy, and now you've just confirmed it.

Consistency has been a blessing for us. The consistency of one or a few of the normally stronger Scottish teams being gone or fucked up in some ways

So we've been consistent? Which means McInnes has done a better job than his opponents? Which means he's done a good job?

"But if Dundee United had been promoted and hadn't sold Stuart Armstrong thenzzzzzzzzz"

No it's not, because we've lost twice to Celtic, three times to Rangers, drawn twice to Hearts.

And yet, we're second.

So where's the evidence we wouldn't have been second with a strong Rangers, Hearts or Hibs in previous years? Especially since in previous seasons we've had a better record against the better sides.

I had a sneaky feeling you were fine and dandy, and now you've just confirmed it.

So we've been consistent? Which means McInnes has done a better job than his opponents? Which means he's done a good job?

"But if Dundee United had been promoted and hadn't sold Stuart Armstrong thenzzzzzzzzz"

Ha ha, superhanz, fine and dandy & a couple of others I am. I just cannot remember all the accounts I have

I haven't said McInnes hasn't done a good job. Just that it has been easier to do than it could have been.

Ha ha, superhanz, fine and dandy & a couple of others I am. I just cannot remember all the accounts I have

I haven't said McInnes hasn't done a good job. Just that it has been easier to do than it could have been.

Okay. Would Fergie have won as many league titles in the 80s had there been a strong Rangers?

Maybe Fergie got lucky that only one half of the Old Firm were strong.

When you think back, Fergie had it easy.

See how ridiculous it sounds?

• Upvote 2

Okay. Would Fergie have won as many league titles in the 80s had there been a strong Rangers?

Maybe Fergie got lucky that only one half of the Old Firm were strong.

When you think back, Fergie had it easy.

See how ridiculous it sounds?

Completely pointless comparison.

Fergies team was a juggernaut in not just a stronger league but in Europe