The Mckenna Dilemma

5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Hopefullly part of the money needed to secure Clarkson on a 4 year deal then, would defo want him back full time if he wanted to

Negotiations at an advanced stage for another year loan I've heard

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Willo flood said:

He’s was sold when Gunn was still Director of football operations. How that is different to a Director of football i’m not sure.

It was negotiated by Gunn as he was doing all the deals prior to him becoming the DOF. Funnily enough he wasn’t booking hotel rooms and making cups of tea prior to his current role.

35 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If it's £1.75M weve achieved in add ons so far then it certainly is a well done to some of the guys at pittodrie / cormack park

I dunno.Still seems cheap to me for an EPL player when you look at the fees down there....

58 minutes ago, RUL said:

Deal was 3m with 1.75m clauses that we’ve known about. There is also a 25% sell on. 

I assume Gunn negotiated it. 

Evening Express claiming it was £3M and then the £1.75M kicking in and still an EPL appearance trigger and a 20% sell on trigger.

The EPL appearance trigger is rumour to be 25 matches

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Negotiations at an advanced stage for another year loan I've heard

If we secure 3rd and are guaranteed group stages, it's a win win for both clubs. He'll get much better exposure with us as opposed to MK Dons or such like.

6 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

If we secure 3rd and are guaranteed group stages, it's a win win for both clubs. He'll get much better exposure with us as opposed to MK Dons or such like.

Would seem strange if Liverpool were worried about that though given he is going into the last year of his contract is he not?

23 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Would seem strange if Liverpool were worried about that though given he is going into the last year of his contract is he not?

Didn't realise that. Class if we got a loan next season with option to buy.

Id've thought it unlikely Clarkson gets a Liverpool extension. By the time his current contract ends he'd be closer to his 23rd birthday than his 22nd. Liverpool need to clear space in their squad every season for new players and promising youngsters from their youth ranks. Clarkson's time I think has come and gone with Liverpool, certain they will try to sell him in summer but if no one has bought him by late in the window there may be a small chance of landing him back on loan.

There’s no way Clarkson makes the grade at Liverpool.

He’s a good player at our level, and in time I could see him possibly playing lower end guff premiership, but he’s never going to be champions league / international level which is where Liverpool need their players to be.

Like Duk and Miovski, I think he’s worth spending a bit of money on in the hope we’ll be able to make some selling him on in a few years time.

• Upvote 1