The Mckenna Dilemma

8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Sorry to rain on anyone’s parade but an ITK poster on Twitter has said we only get this additional £1m once McKenna had completed 15 and 30 Premiership games, so payable in 2 tranches. 

Should still be easily achievable but not till start of 2023 but the looks of it.

Who? 

23 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Sorry to rain on anyone’s parade but an ITK poster on Twitter has said we only get this additional £1m once McKenna had completed 15 and 30 Premiership games, so payable in 2 tranches. 

Should still be easily achievable but not till start of 2023 but the looks of it.

Sounds like pish to me given the fee was reported as £3 million rising to £6 million with potential add ons.  How we getting the full £6 mill?  When they win back to back champions leagues? ?

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, NEM said:

Sounds like pish to me given the fee was reported as £3 million rising to £6 million with potential add ons.  How we getting the full £6 mill?  When they win back to back champions leagues? ?

Its more likely that there is clauses in place for EPL appearances onto of the 1m promotion. Absolute no chance we dont get anything for the promotion alone. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Doubtful, you'd think a major milestone would be promotion and the cash that would bring in

2 hours ago, Donmacca said:

Chances of Forest now selling McKenna? While he's more than played his part in their promotion, the fashionable thing for clubs promoted to the premiership to do is to go out and spend millions on foreign players. Would be poor of them to do it but not impossible. 

I'd be astonished if they do and it'd take an unbelievable offer for them to do so initially. Whilst they certainly have to improve the quality of player in their squad dramatically if they're going to stand a chance of staying up, their back 3 have been stand outs in their promotion surge and are likely the least in their line of priorities to upgrade in the summer. They'll certainly need a better goalkeeper, at least 2, maybe 3 midfielders, a wing back and 1 or 2 strikers before they think of improving the back 3. 

Having said that, if they're isolated at the bottom of the EPL in January, they might well decide at that point to cash in on a couple of their players and at that point selling McKenna would be a strong possibility

Hopefully he stays at Forrest long enough to hit any EPL appearance numbers to trigger another add on before they sell him.

? he holds his own & performs as well in EPL as he did in championship. He has always been great in the air. Strong & fast but he could potentially give away a lot more fouls for his love of holding players with VAR ?

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd be astonished if they do and it'd take an unbelievable offer for them to do so initially. Whilst they certainly have to improve the quality of player in their squad dramatically if they're going to stand a chance of staying up, their back 3 have been stand outs in their promotion surge and are likely the least in their line of priorities to upgrade in the summer. They'll certainly need a better goalkeeper, at least 2, maybe 3 midfielders, a wing back and 1 or 2 strikers before they think of improving the back 3. 

Having said that, if they're isolated at the bottom of the EPL in January, they might well decide at that point to cash in on a couple of their players and at that point selling McKenna would be a strong possibility

Mckenna is the perfect English premier league defender

He has really blossomed from what I've seen, shows great technique now to match his physical attributes

Looks like Clark Kent

A player as young as him to have Morelos in his back pocket most meetings was incredible, the damage he could do to Porto et al, still struggled against McKenna. McKenna will be one of the best central defenders Scotland has produced in quite some time IMO

great player

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He has really blossomed from what I've seen, shows great technique now to match his physical attributes

Looks like Clark Kent

???

BEEP BEEP BEEP

44 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Looks like Clark Kent

When we were selling him did you not say he was shit and we would make nothing off him 

12 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

For a club the size of Aberdeen and being based in a country where we are shite at football, our youth academy has actually been nae bad the last 15 years or so. Just need to make sure we are making money off the players though. McKenna, Ramsay, Fraser, J*ck, Wr*ght, Fyvie, Grimmer, Rose. Cant be that many Scottish sides producing players at that level recently.

Arabs

Gauld, GMS, Armstrong, Robertson, Goodwillie, Souter, Russell

6 hours ago, thurso said:

When we were selling him did you not say he was shit and we would make nothing off him 

Said he was over rated and never worth the money we were looking for.... and also that he was THICK, or looked THICK! ?

He also kept on going on about McKenna being 'rag-dolled' by physical players as evidence that he'd never make it!  A young CB, still developing and learning the game!  Some of our fans have no patience and i think expect all youth players to spawn as complete players/a finished article.

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Said he was over rated and never worth the money we were looking for.... and also that he was THICK, or looked THICK! ?

He also kept on going on about McKenna being 'rag-dolled' by physical players as evidence that he'd never make it!  A young CB, still developing and learning the game!  Some of our fans have no patience and i think expect all youth players to spawn as complete players/a finished article.

Samaras was at celtic between 2008 and 2014...???

4 hours ago, milne_afc said:

I think the Samaras thing was levelled at Anderson. MT is going to love that you’ve got that wrong. ?

Yeah my bad!   it was Sam Vokes and a few others he mentioned 'rag-dolling' McKenna!  It's one of his favourite phrases - but the inference was that McKenna couldn't play against physical players! 

7 hours ago, thurso said:

Yes 

yes you did

I wish I could find evidence about it but it’s like you never posted on this topic in the early years of it. 

He had all his old posts deleted. 

At least it's an admission that he's embarrassed by the complete shite he talked. 

9 hours ago, Dons79 said:

A player as young as him to have Morelos in his back pocket most meetings was incredible, the damage he could do to Porto et al, still struggled against McKenna. McKenna will be one of the best central defenders Scotland has produced in quite some time IMO

great player

I think McKenna is a very good player. However if your recollection that he got the better of Morelos in their matchups let alone had him in his back pocket that is  just not true. Most times Morelos had the better of him and invariably scored. Particularly at Pittodrie,

59 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I think McKenna is a very good player. However if your recollection that he got the better of Morelos in their matchups let alone had him in his back pocket that is  just not true. Most times Morelos had the better of him and invariably scored. Particularly at Pittodrie,

Did they both not just end up getting sent off together all the time 

12 hours ago, Millertime said:

Looks like Clark Kent

On 5/29/2022 at 7:24 PM, redone said:

An embarrassing U-turn.  A new low for Millertime as a poster

25 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Can't expect much more from MT. He'll have been getting told how "pure shite" McKenna is by whatever hun is in his family. 

Probs sits at his work and hoovers up the Record as well. 

Not his fault, really. A victim of location. 

Himself in front of the mirror each morning.