Afc Chat Awards 2018

RAZOR

So do people actually get awarded the awards, or are the awards just an excuse to discuss who should be awarded an award, or an alternative award?

I'm only asking as I've never actually seen an award be awarded on here. 

Award!

Award winners cannot talk about what goes on at The Awards Ceremony.

You need to up your game to find out.

So do people actually get awarded the awards, or are the awards just an excuse to discuss who should be awarded an award, or an alternative award?

I'm only asking as I've never actually seen an award be awarded on here. 

Award!

Yeah, we usually have an award ceremony, where the winners can step-up to collect their prize and provide a small speech if they wish.

We've had some memorable moments over the years, for example @@Stoneybloke had the crowd in stitches, during his acceptance speech for the 2011 'Most Negative Poster' award.

is it like the ballon dor where the big hitters snub each other for main award?

There's usually a decent level of camaraderie, even between the big hitters... although we did have an incident back in 2015.  As @@Ke1t was leaving the stage, after collecting his 'Best Poster' gong, he playfully rubbed @@tup's bald head in passing, as he was was stepping up to collect his 'Best thread' award for the serialisation of his holiday to Manchester.  Tup didn't take the gesture in the lighthearted manner that it had been intended and had to be restrained by security (I say security... but we're talking about one plukey pre-pubescent lad, who we'd slipped 20 quid to 'watch the door'). 

The incident left a bad taste, but didn't really spoil the night overall.

Best poster - Shooftahmooftah

Most negative - Bluto10 the fraud

Best thread - Today’s bet

Newcomer - irrelevant cause I’m here

Cold one - CharlieBigPotato

Snowflake - Phone the police Frankie

Best Feud - anyone slagging Niall McGinn against the clueless clowns defending him/her.

Meltdown - Gurney and his payslip.

Gluepot - Captain Controversy Gurney.

Lifetime - FASH

Missing Vote watch:

@BrianFaePerth: Best Newcomer

@alscotoz: Biggest Meltdown

@@Grays Babylon 1875: Lifetime Achievement

@@Old manny: Best Newcomer

@1903Fitba: Best Thread / Best Newcomer

@@King Street Loon: Best Feud

@RUL: Best Newcomer / Lifetime Achievement

@caledonia: Lifetime Achievement

@ebbe: Best Newcomer

Best Newcomer proving to be a cunt for many - as a guide, young uns nominated so far:

Fridge,  Parklife, Arabian Knight, Dave_min, the boofon, City Centre, findlay_1903

Some quality choices made by the heroes above - be a shame they were voided over a couple of omissions.

Fuck off you goat.

Missing Vote watch:

Best Newcomer proving to be a cunt for many - as a guide, young uns nominated so far:

Fridge,  Parklife, Arabian Knight, Dave_min, the boofon, City Centre, findlay_1903

Some quality choices made by the heroes above - be a shame they were voided over a couple of omissions.

In anticipation of sweeping up the best newcomer award I would like to thank my parents, the royal family, Jeremy Corbyn, the cast of the Simpsons, the army, Butlins, the beach end, the Broadsword and finally Dad without whom none of this would have been possible. Who'd have thunk it?

In anticipation of sweeping up the best newcomer award I would like to thank my parents, the royal family, Jeremy Corbyn, the cast of the Simpsons, the army, Butlins, the beach end, the Broadsword and finally Dad without whom none of this would have been possible. Who'd have thunk it?

Do the right thing and tell him to poke the award.

Missing Vote watch:

Biggest Meltdown: Pops for being such a pedantic pain in the arse.

Missing Vote watch:

Fridge, Parklife, Arabian Knight, Dave_min, the boofon, City Centre, findlay_1903

Best Feud - Manboobs v whoever he's annoyed that day.
  • Upvote 1

Poster: Rocket_Scientist for me is the best. His football analysis is spot on! Like most geniuses though, he is tinged with madness! :laughing: I still log in to Donstalk occasionally, just to read his thoughts! On here, Boboisared. Don't always agree with him, but appreciate the thought and ability to construct an argument. Many other great posters on here though... too numerous to mention! Another great year for the hat!

Negative: Can't believe Stoneybloke isn't going to win this year... only because we've not seen him! So shooftamooftah get the nod

Thread: Reserve Team Thread

Newcomer: As Dad mentioned, really tough for any new blood to make an impact on here. Fridge is going to win, but I have a suspicion he's not a newcomer! My vote: Registered December 2017, so still qualifiers... I'll take Ten Caat, a good start I reckon, would like to see more!

Beer with: As below, would love to witness Mobby vs Bluto. Brought to you by AFC hat, pay per view... we'd make a mint!

Snowflake: Parklife is going to win this, but I think it's closer that everyone is making out... I love MT, but he's been very precious this year - i hope he's okay! Ultimately my votes goes to mcdougall(4) - for the same reasons as stated by Dad.

Feud: Tup vs AFC hat. However, I quite enjoy the Mobby vs Bluto10 drinking feud. In fairness, as a part-timer Mobby cannot compete with the BMG. Having said that, if Groningen is anything to go by, Mobby would beat the BMG in a sprint.  Hopefully one day it can be arranged!

Meltdown: Again, Tup is the undisputed winner this year

Gluepot: Could only be Clydeside_Sheep. Panda a distant second, but still very much ahead of the chasing pack.

Lifetime: Bebo

Also, not sure why, but 'must do better' seems to have been removed this year: I'll take Tord31... seen him post some really bizarre POV's this year.