Arsenal's Arrogance

BobbyBiscuit

Don't think i've seen this mentioned anywhere on here, but I'm presuming that most saw or heard about Cesc Fabregas making a complete tit of himself after the Arsenal game on Saturday. If it's not bad enough that we have to put up with all of Henry's bubbling when things dont go his way, we then have the sight of Fabregas trying to take the highground with Mark Hughes, a guy who was such a good player that even his peers at ManUtd called him "The Legend". I desperately hope that someone such as Pat Rice pointed out to Fabregas what Hughes achieved in the game and that Fabregas is deeply, deeply embarrassed by himself.

And then, Arsene Wenger decides that his club shouldn't have to play replays in cup competitions.

Their arrogance is beyond belief, but why do they have such a high opinion of themselves?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Their arrogance is beyond belief, but why do they have such a high opinion of themselves?

French influence obviously.

"I thought the boy showed disrespect to somebody who has won a lot more FA Cups than him"

Mark Hughes

Fabregas - "Didn't you play for Barcelona?"

Hughes - "Yes I did"

Fabregas - "That wasn't Barcelona football, was it?"

Hughes - "We don't have any Barcelona players at Blackburn"

f*ck Arsenal. Hate them so much

I've never seen a team so arrogant as Arsenal. It seems every time they have a bad result they come out with some ludicrous statement like FA Cup Replays should be stopped or having a moan because teams have came to defend against them. If they were so good then their team wouldn't have to play replays. I say fair play to Blackburn. They came for the draw to bring the game back to Ewood Park and i hope they hump the bastards now.

I've never seen a team so arrogant as Arsenal. It seems every time they have a bad result they come out with some ludicrous statement like FA Cup Replays should be stopped or having a moan because teams have came to defend against them. If they were so good then their team wouldn't have to play replays. I say fair play to Blackburn. They came for the draw to bring the game back to Ewood Park and i hope they hump the bastards now.

Ah so it's good when other teams go out to defend. If Aberdeen did it you'd be in the afc-chat forum moaning.

Ah so it's good when other teams go out to defend. If Aberdeen did it you'd be in the afc-chat forum moaning.

In a league game yes but in the cup i would be quite happy if Aberdeen were away to Celtic for example and we managed to get a replay giving ourselves a better chance at home. I'm sure Blackburn will attack at home.

Oh no, they're bad losers. For f*ck's sake I wish more teams would take losing more seriously, I mean it's their job to get results, why shouldn't they be upset when team play 11 men behind the ball against them?

:thumbup1::thumbup1::blahblah1:

So if you were the manager of Blackburn, and you were playing a superior team in the cup (away from home remember), what formation would you play?

Remember that Arsenal played 4-5-1 in the Champions League Final last year when they were playing a certain superior team from Barcelona.

It's always one rule for Arsenal, and another for everyone else.

f*ck Wenger. f*ck Henry. f*ck Fabregas. f*ck Arsenal.

SCUM

Oh no, they're bad losers. For f*ck's sake I wish more teams would take losing more seriously, I mean it's their job to get results, why shouldn't they be upset when team play 11 men behind the ball against them?

theres taking losing badly and theres dis-respecting your opponents whilst doing this. arsenal tend to do the latter.

Absolutely spot on :appl:

And to add to my previous post - are you ready? - let us remember that Henry 'belittled' Scotland, for playing 4-5-1, after we beat France 1-0 at Hampden. He was quoted as saying something along the lines of, "Which team actually plays 4-5-1?!? Just wait till we play them in Paris..."

The pr*ck seemed to forget that his beloved Arsenal side did the exact same thing only weeks prior to the Scotland game, in the Champions League Final, when they were up against a vastly superior Barcelona side.

That really got my f*cking goat! Surely someone as intelligent and football savvy as him, would understand that a team playing against another with superior ability is going to play 'backs to the wall' tactics and try and sneak a goal. Hell, he comes up against this most weeks in the English Premiership.

It's been shown numerous times, what happens when a less talented team tries to play open attacking football against Arsenal. Does anyone remember the arsehole that Arsenal ripped Reading when they beat them 4-0 at the Madejski?

As Mark Hughes rightly pointed out, the last time they played Arsenal in the league, they tried to play open attacking football and were pumped 6-2. Fair play to them for playing they way they did and earning a replay.

Everytime someone sits in against Arsenal, and plays for a point/replay, we hear one of their players bemoan and belittle their tactics. Man United have had to put up with teams doing this to them for years, but i've never heard them moan about it (as much as Arsenal anyway, :dance: ). What United did was learn different ways of playing the game, instead of having a 'plan-A' and nothing else.

What the f*ck do Arsenal expect teams to do? Run forward, and out of the way of Henry and co., whilst throwing rose-petals at their feet? Play 1-1-8/Joga Bonito football and see what happens? :dance:

They should learn to mix it like Man United did, and like Chelsea do now. If they did, they may have gotten something against PSV tonight. :drink:

The only time I can think of an Arsenal player saying, "we just have to get on with it, and beat them in other ways," was Robin Van Persie after a game not too long ago. That was refreshing to hear, but i've not seen him in an after-match interview since? :applause:

As much as I admire the talent of Henry, he is one disrespectful pr*ck. He's proven this time and time again with his childish antics :-

Remember his rant after the Champions League Final about Ronaldinho? Disrespectful

Did anyone see the way he acted against Wigan the other week after Arsenal equalised? Disrespectful. If I was Chris Kirkland, I would've lamped the c*nt.

As I said already :-

F*ck Ian Wright. F*ck Henry. F*ck Tony Adams. F*ck Wenger. F*ck their 49 game unbeaten run. F*ck Fabregas. F*ck their plan-A football. F*ck Paul Merson.

F*ck Arsenal.

SCUM

I'm f*cking angry now

:scouser:

I hate Arsenal, and Henry in particular. For someone who throws himself to the ground every time he goes near the penalty box to complain about others diving as he did in the Champions League final last year was laughable and childish. Arsene Wenger's childish rivalry with Fergie is annoying as well, it's only a game at the end of the day.

I hate Arsenal, and Henry in particular. For someone who throws himself to the ground every time he goes near the penalty box to complain about others diving as he did in the Champions League final last year was laughable and childish. Arsene Wenger's childish rivalry with Fergie is annoying as well, it's only a game at the end of the day.

Remember this dive in the World Cup when he went down holding his face after a minor clash with Puyol?

Here's the pr*ck at it again in the PSV match the other night - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj0VPrRWJzI

And here's his dive against Wigan last week - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZQVtKkK9k, and again (with him 'celebrating' in Kirkland's face) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8oAp5mVm2E&NR

Scumbag

And before anyone starts, i'm aware of Cristiano Ronaldo's diving record as well, :dontknow:

Remember this dive in the World Cup when he went down holding his face after a minor clash with Puyol?

Here's the pr*ck at it again in the PSV match the other night - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj0VPrRWJzI

And here's his dive against Wigan last week - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLZQVtKkK9k, and again (with him 'celebrating' in Kirkland's face) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8oAp5mVm2E&NR

Scumbag

And before anyone starts, i'm aware of Cristiano Ronaldo's diving record as well, :dontknow:

Like i said to my mate today, Atleast he does it in the crunch matches, gets something for it and then gives a little wink now and then. GOOD LAD that ronaldo is.

Henry wasna so smug the day like although would rather have seen them win.

I do think that Arsenal have the right to be arrogant to a certain extent. They play the best football in the world IMO. Yes thier getting worse and the Mark Hughes comment was totaly uncalled for, but if a team had to be arrogant i think they deserve to be.

I can see what you're saying, but there is being arrogant, and there is being a bunch of wankers!

If they had won numerous trophies, i'd understand them being arrogant, but the Fabregas incident was disgusting. I mean, on the grand scheme of things, what has HE actually achieved in the game?!?

I do think that Arsenal have the right to be arrogant to a certain extent. They play the best football in the world IMO. Yes thier getting worse and the Mark Hughes comment was totaly uncalled for, but if a team had to be arrogant i think they deserve to be.

I agree with first bit, but the bit about best football in the world isna exactly right, some teams could match them, arsenal are one of the best "football playing" sides i agree with that but recently they have been trying to walk the ball in, if they cut that out and kept the same playing style but took more chances and tried to be less "fancy" they would be top of the league.

Man u and Arsenal are the 2 exciting teams in the EPl with Chelsea and liverpool being the boring ones and affraid to try the good style of play.

I agree with first bit, but the bit about best football in the world isna exactly right, some teams could match them, arsenal are one of the best "football playing" sides i agree with that but recently they have been trying to walk the ball in, if they cut that out and kept the same playing style but took more chances and tried to be less "fancy" they would be top of the league.

Man u and Arsenal are the 2 exciting teams in the EPl with Chelsea and liverpool being the boring ones and affraid to try the good style of play.

No they wouldn't

:laughing: what??

I said they are the best footballing team in the world not the BEST football team in the world thier is a difference. Agree that Man Utd play some great football now, but still think Arsenal play the best to watch. You could say they try to walk the ball in but that adds to be a great footballing side that they dont just punt it. Supporters must go mad when they see them always try and walk the ball into the net and score the perfect goal all the time.

The only reason Arsenal aren't still consistently humping everything in the premiership is a lack of Dennis Bergkamp.

He was the man to find that one pass or that one screamer of a goal against teams like Blackburn.

As for their arrogance, it's deserved when you play football from another planet. No-one can deny that on their day they outclass any other team in the world. If Eto'o goes to the emirates, watch out league.

Archived