Arsenal's Arrogance

BobbyBiscuit

The only reason Arsenal aren't still consistently humping everything in the premiership is a lack of Dennis Bergkamp.

He was the man to find that one pass or that one screamer of a goal against teams like Blackburn.

As for their arrogance, it's deserved when you play football from another planet. No-one can deny that on their day they outclass any other team in the world. If Eto'o goes to the emirates, watch out league.

:laughmad:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope think thats him getting up his post tally either that he hasn't got a good enough come back. I agree to a certain extent with you Simor, maybe a good solid defender aswell, but you could really say that with any team.

I had a few good 'comebacks' (even though i'm not coming back from anything) but a lot of laughter was my general opinion to be honest!

Bergkamp was f*cking majestic during their 49 game unbeaten run, I really don't know what's so funny about the statement. If anything, I suppose, I should've included Robert Pires' 24 odd goal contribution, but for me Bergkamp was the one who made the difference and the one who Arsenal sadly lack at the moment when they come up gaints teams like Blackburn. Fabregas also doesn't quite have the steel to grab the game by the balls a la Vieira yet, but f*ck who needs that if you have a guy like Dennis stepping up, skinning a couple of players then curling one top corner. You just can't replace that sort of presence.

So lets get this right.....

Because Arsenal play good football they have a right to be arrogant, cheat, have double standards and show no respect to opponents :cry:

Get a grip :dance:

:nutter:

They are scummy scummy people!

Bergkamp was f*cking majestic during their 49 game unbeaten run, I really don't know what's so funny about the statement. If anything, I suppose, I should've included Robert Pires' 24 odd goal contribution, but for me Bergkamp was the one who made the difference and the one who Arsenal sadly lack at the moment when they come up gaints teams like Blackburn. Fabregas also doesn't quite have the steel to grab the game by the balls a la Vieira yet, but f*ck who needs that if you have a guy like Dennis stepping up, skinning a couple of players then curling one top corner. You just can't replace that sort of presence.

Bergkamp isn't the one you miss, it's Vieira.

Man United set the standard in the 90's/early 2000's, Arsenal upped it with their unbeaten run, Chelsea upped it again in the last 2 years and Man United have taken it up another level.

No-one can deny that Man United are awesome just now.

On a separate note, I was once told by an Arsenal fan that they'd rather have their unbeaten run again, than United's treble win in '99. :laughmad:

So lets get this right.....

Because Arsenal play good football they have a right to be arrogant, cheat, have double standards and show no respect to opponents :cry:

Its the kind of comment those pricks would come out with themselves.

Get a grip :nutter:

Yawn, same old sh*te with you. Making yourself sound like a right bitter prick.

"Like the Murphy's..."

Home Away

Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS

1 Man Utd 28 12 1 1 35 8 10 2 2 30 11 46 69

2 Chelsea 27 10 4 0 30 8 8 2 3 18 11 29 60

3 Liverpool 28 11 3 0 29 3 5 2 7 15 16 25 53

4 Arsenal 26 8 5 0 32 10 6 2 5 16 12 26 49

20 points, :cry:

Ah & because Man Utd are 20 points clear that makes Arsenal cheats, very good. www.hibs.net theres a site for you. Hibee

One thing i always used to appreciate about martin oneil was that he never had a problem with teams going to parkhead to defend. He called it their perogative and said it was up to his team to break them down. Tidy football or not Wenger could learn a lot from O'neil.

O'Neill is a cock, remember us beating them & he didn't give us one bit of credit, even though we were by far the better team.

O'Neill is a cock, remember us beating them & he didn't give us one bit of credit, even though we were by far the better team.

Actually i remember after the 77 game unbeaten at parkhead run came to an end he said on the radio interview afterwards fair play to aberdeen for coming here and doing so with so many kids. Dont get me wrong he got in how the winner was scored because the entire celtic team was pushing forward trying to score. To say he gave us no credit is simply not true

Actually i remember after the 77 game unbeaten at parkhead run came to an end he said on the radio interview afterwards fair play to aberdeen for coming here and doing so with so many kids. Dont get me wrong he got in how the winner was scored because the entire celtic team was pushing forward trying to score. To say he gave us no credit is simply not true

Nah the home game in the snow.

Bergkamp isn't the one you miss, it's Vieira.

Man United set the standard in the 90's/early 2000's, Arsenal upped it with their unbeaten run, Chelsea upped it again in the last 2 years and Man United have taken it up another level.

No-one can deny that Man United are awesome just now.

On a separate note, I was once told by an Arsenal fan that they'd rather have their unbeaten run again, than United's treble win in '99. :laughmad:

Arsenal miss Bergkamp, believe me. Vieira also, although they have a replacement in waiting in Fabregas. It'll be interesting to see how Van Persie comes on towards the en of the season when he returns from injury. He has amazing potential, and is starting to score the goals required.

The early 2000s are up for debate. I wouldn't say Man United set any sort of standard that was head and shoulders above the rest. It was an even tussle those first few years, just look at the way the league title shifted from club to club up until 04.

Man United are alright, they've still got the financial clout to buy players like Ronaldo and Rooney which is their main attribute as a club. The Fergie no brainers. The team around them, however, isn't all that amazing. Once Giggs, Scholes and Neville are gone, you'll be a two man team. Ferdinand is sadly lacking. Van Der Sar is ancient. Evra is out of his depth. Carrick, Park, Saha, Fletcher etc just aren't very good. I just don't see any success beyond this or at very most next season. You're too reliant on the leftovers from the class of 92 and a couple of big money signings. The former nearing the ends of their careers. Chelsea will reload and fire again next year, Arsenal will be a more solid unit having gained a lot of experience from this year and they'll adapt. They have a better squad than Man U in my opinion, if even a little on the light side. They have a lot of very good young players, and no really old ones barring Lehmann. A couple of signings, especially if Eto'o is one of them, and they'll be challenging again.

Arsenal miss Bergkamp, believe me. Vieira also, although they have a replacement in waiting in Fabregas. It'll be interesting to see how Van Persie comes on towards the en of the season when he returns from injury. He has amazing potential, and is starting to score the goals required.

The early 2000s are up for debate. I wouldn't say Man United set any sort of standard that was head and shoulders above the rest. It was an even tussle those first few years, just look at the way the league title shifted from club to club up until 04.

Man United are alright, they've still got the financial clout to buy players like Ronaldo and Rooney which is their main attribute as a club. The Fergie no brainers. The team around them, however, isn't all that amazing. Once Giggs, Scholes and Neville are gone, you'll be a two man team. Ferdinand is sadly lacking. Van Der Sar is ancient. Evra is out of his depth. Carrick, Park, Saha, Fletcher etc just aren't very good. I just don't see any success beyond this or at very most next season. You're too reliant on the leftovers from the class of 92 and a couple of big money signings. The former nearing the ends of their careers. Chelsea will reload and fire again next year, Arsenal will be a more solid unit having gained a lot of experience from this year and they'll adapt. They have a better squad than Man U in my opinion, if even a little on the light side. They have a lot of very good young players, and no really old ones barring Lehmann. A couple of signings, especially if Eto'o is one of them, and they'll be challenging again.

Bollocks. Pure and utter bollocks. Saha is a very, very good forward. Park and Fletcher are good squad players, that's all they are and that's all they're ever used for.

And as for a two man team... get a grip.

Do you honestly think that once Giggs, Scholes and Neville are gone that Alex Ferguson will be totally unable to bring in players of the required class? Do you really think the only reason he's been so successful is because of that group of youngsters who came through?

If you honestly think that, then it's ashame, because your post started with some very valid points and then just turned into a bitter diatribe against ManUtd, dismissing any sort of facts along the way.

Bollocks. Pure and utter bollocks. Saha is a very, very good forward. Park and Fletcher are good squad players, that's all they are and that's all they're ever used for.

And as for a two man team... get a grip.

Do you honestly think that once Giggs, Scholes and Neville are gone that Alex Ferguson will be totally unable to bring in players of the required class? Do you really think the only reason he's been so successful is because of that group of youngsters who came through?

If you honestly think that, then it's ashame, because your post started with some very valid points and then just turned into a bitter diatribe against ManUtd, dismissing any sort of facts along the way.

I really don't rate Saha. Sorry. I think everyone was a touch amazed when he went for big money to United, as no-one had rated him that highly when he was at Fulham. I don't think he's done much to change that view.

I think the class of 92 was a phenomenon, for sure. Fergie, as much as I try to still love him for what he did for us, doesn't have an amazing record in the transfer market for MAn U, barring Cantona. Even then we all knew what Cantona was capable of. Man U trade on image and pure financial clout. Similar to Real Madrid. Every time Fergie has tried to get tricky in the transfer market by signing young, or relatively unknown players, they've fallen short. He's never made a signing as astute as the likes of Vieira, Fabregas, Henry, Pires, or even a player like Nicolas Anelka.

It'll be interesting to see how he replaces Giggs, Scholes and Neville when they leave. It really will. I just don't see him being able to build a team that can challenge around the likes of Saha and Michael Carrick. They better hope Ronaldo doesn't go to Real, and Rooney doesn't end up in prison or something, cause if they do I think Man U may be f*cked, at least in the short term.

(the last part's a joke, incidently. Or at least intended tongue in cheek. Although, now that I think about it, Rooney and prison isn't a complete impossibility.)

I really don't rate Saha. Sorry. I think everyone was a touch amazed when he went for big money to United, as no-one had rated him that highly when he was at Fulham. I don't think he's done much to change that view.

sorry, who are you talking for here?

Saha has a one in two record for ManUtd. That's pretty good.

I think the class of 92 was a phenomenon, for sure. Fergie, as much as I try to still love him for what he did for us, doesn't have an amazing record in the transfer market for MAn U, barring Cantona. Even then we all knew what Cantona was capable of. Man U trade on image and pure financial clout. Similar to Real Madrid. Every time Fergie has tried to get tricky in the transfer market by signing young, or relatively unknown players, they've fallen short. He's never made a signing as astute as the likes of Vieira, Fabregas, Henry, Pires, or even a player like Nicolas Anelka.

Are you sure about that?

Peter Schmeichal? Denis Irwin? Gary Pallister? Roy Keane? Jaap Stam? Ole Gunar Solskjaer?

There are countless others I could rhyme off. I by no means believe that Ferguson's record in the transfer market is always spot on, he makes mistakes and he's made some right howlers in his time. But that'll happen, he's been there for more than 20 years. The fact is, he gets it right more often than not. If he didnt, he wouldnt have won what he has. Simple as that really.

sorry, who are you talking for here?

Saha has a one in two record for ManUtd. That's pretty good.

Are you sure about that?

Peter Schmeichal? Denis Irwin? Gary Pallister? Roy Keane? Jaap Stam? Ole Gunar Solskjaer?

There are countless others I could rhyme off. I by no means believe that Ferguson's record in the transfer market is always spot on, he makes mistakes and he's made some right howlers in his time. But that'll happen, he's been there for more than 20 years. The fact is, he gets it right more often than not. If he didnt, he wouldnt have won what he has. Simple as that really.

Nae faulting yer argument but Jap Stam was the most expensive defender ever at the time, so you'd have to hope that Fergie got it right on that occasion. I have to agree with Simor for the main though because for every Schmeichael there has been 3 or 4 Massimo Tiabi's at Man U.

Nae faulting yer argument but Jap Stam was the most expensive defender ever at the time, so you'd have to hope that Fergie got it right on that occasion. I have to agree with Simor for the main though because for every Schmeichael there has been 3 or 4 Massimo Tiabi's at Man U.

You could say, if that was the case, why have they won the league so many times? Doesn't say much for Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea et al if Ferguson is buying so many sh*t players, does it? And therefore, doesn't show Wenger up very well.

You could also say that for every Kolo Toure, there's been a Senderos... or a Cygan... or a Grimandi. Horses for courses, bad signings happen everywhere, and what happens next season or the next two seasons are all ifs buts and maybes. We'll never know until the time comes.

Christiano Ronaldo?

Ok, he wasn't cheap, but he wasn't exactly a household name.

Personally, I like Arsenal, you need a bit of arrogance, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I just don't like Chelsea really.

Archived