Arsenal's Arrogance

BobbyBiscuit

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LondonScottish
I'm positively awestruck by your retort.

Good job.

Great points made.

Ach what the f*ck i'll bite. . It must be my turn anyway. .

What you misconceive as anger, I see as filling in a few minutes ribbing the swell of Aberdeen based Manc fans who are most likely not old enough to remember the Fergie days, yet use his being there as an excuse to jump on the gravy train.

Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh or cry, as the money they spend 'supporting' their second team is needed much more by their first.

Wasn't looking for a bite. I'm not a Manchester United fan, but I do appreciate good football, and some of the stuff they have played this year has been mesmerising (although some has been lucky/poor/grinding occasionally a la Anfiled today). I hated Man Utd for years since Fergie defected, then taking Knox, and Leighton, and trying to ship in one or two of our remaining heroes. I, and every other Aberdeen fan will never forget the day he jumped ship...The front page of the EE....the Celtic game at Pittodrie not long after with those wannabe Irish wankers, screaming out all game "where's your Fergie gone, far far away...." . But as the years have gone by, my views have mellowed. Fergie could not turn that job down. He had done probably all he could here, and the Holy Grail was being offered to him. Manchester United are an exciting team to watch. There's probably very few fans who are unhappy about how this season has panned out with the big-spenders from the Kings Road becoming (potential) runners up. In Christiano Ronaldo we have this years World Player of the Year, what a bargain

Guest LondonScottish
Two thoughts struck me watching Match of the day today.

2. Paul Scholes was sent of for AIMING A PUNCH nice to see a bit of consistency innit :thumbs:

He was complaining to the referee surely, the referee just misinterpretted Scholes' actions. Those officials haven't got a clue. :applause::rolleyes::)

Wasn't looking for a bite. I'm not a Manchester United fan, but I do appreciate good football, and some of the stuff they have played this year has been mesmerising (although some has been lucky/poor/grinding occasionally a la Anfiled today). I hated Man Utd for years since Fergie defected, then taking Knox, and Leighton, and trying to ship in one or two of our remaining heroes. I, and every other Aberdeen fan will never forget the day he jumped ship...The front page of the EE....the Celtic game at Pittodrie not long after with those wannabe Irish wankers, screaming out all game "where's your Fergie gone, far far away...." . But as the years have gone by, my views have mellowed. Fergie could not turn that job down. He had done probably all he could here, and the Holy Grail was being offered to him. Manchester United are an exciting team to watch. There's probably very few fans who are unhappy about how this season has panned out with the big-spenders from the Kings Road becoming (potential) runners up. In Christiano Ronaldo we have this years World Player of the Year, what a bargain
Okay, here goes:

My comment was that the early 2000s are up for debate. Which they are. 98/99 is not early 2000s. If you want to include 99/00, which I suppose we can, then chalk up one. They won it in 00/01 as well. 2-0. Arsenal won it in 01/02. 2-1. Man U won it in 02/03. 3-1. Arsenal won it in 03/04(the unbeaten season). 3-2. 3-2 by anyone's estimation is hardly a drubbing. Which is why I stated, quite rightly, that they were up for debate..

United won 8 titles in the first 11 Premiership years. 3 of them came in the early part of the 2000's.

I clearly said that Man United set the standard, then Arsenal upped it with their unbeaten run! Did you NOT read that part or something?

Replacement in waiting. Give the boy a chance, he's only what, 19? He does have rather large boots to fill. He is after all replacing a guy who was the best midfielder on the planet..

He is NEVER going to run games like Vieira did. The guy is an awesome talent, but he is not Patrick Vieira.

Rio Ferdinand lacks talent..

:dontknow:

Utter nonsense

One minute they're squad players, the next, world beaters? Incidently,
United won 8 titles in the first 11 Premiership years. 3 of them came in the early part of the 2000's.

I clearly said that Man United set the standard, then Arsenal upped it with their unbeaten run! Did you NOT read that part or something?

You're either not paying attention or you can't grasp what i'm saying to you. Let's just leave it.

He is NEVER going to run games like Vieira did. The guy is an awesome talent, but he is not Patrick Vieira.

That's a bold claim to make from someone who doesn't have the benefit of prescience. You don't really have a leg to stand on here do you? In short, you're making sh*t up.

Utter nonsense

Even yourt fellow Manc fans are saying Ferdinand is pish. As much as I admire your loyalty, it seems to be clouding your judgement a little.

Erm.... It was
Hes fast ( and you cant buy that ) and not a lot else, but very early days

When Ronaldo first came to England he had the stepover, that was it, which was very quickly cottoned onto, he ripped the piss out of Ashley Cole with it then hardly ever got past him again. But he has made a big improvement to his game (isn't as greedy, hits the target more often, more of a team player, doesn't try to much of the fancy pish at the wrong time) which I hope Theo can do to.

He's certainly got speed, but he just doesn't seem to be able to beat a player. Fair point though that Ronaldo wasn't all that in his first season, so it reamins to see what Wenger and Henry's tutelage does for him

He isn't a winger, he looks more the Michael Owen - fast as f*ck & play through the middle type of player. From the goals he has scored - Southampton Youth, Southampton, Arsenal Reserves, England Under 21's, Arsenal he looks a composed finisher, & that's not being put to use out on the wing IMO .

Everyone has seen what the Arsenal youth coaches can do for players though, & Wenger must have seen something in him that made him want to spend a possible

Guest LondonScottish
He isn't a winger, he looks more the Michael Owen - fast as f*ck & play through the middle type of player. From the goals he has scored - Southampton Youth, Southampton, Arsenal Reserves, England Under 21's, Arsenal he looks a composed finisher, & that's not being put to use out on the wing IMO .

Everyone has seen what the Arsenal youth coaches can do for players though, & Wenger must have seen something in him that made him want to spend a possible

That's a bold claim to make from someone who doesn't have the benefit of prescience. You don't really have a leg to stand on here do you? In short, you're making sh*t up.

Not making sh*t up, just telling it like it is. Fabregas will NEVER be Vieira

Even yourt fellow Manc fans are saying Ferdinand is pish. As much as I admire your loyalty, it seems to be clouding your judgement a little.

Which Manc fans?

Top of the League, with the BEST goal difference, and arguably the best defensive partnership (Ferdinand and Vidic), yet he's horse?!?

The guy is pure class, and would be in the first 11 of EVERY Premiership team

That makes it muuuch better. :laughing: Besides, it's an initial
When Ronaldo first came to England he had the stepover, that was it, which was very quickly cottoned onto, he ripped the piss out of Ashley Cole with it then hardly ever got past him again. But he has made a big improvement to his game (isn't as greedy, hits the target more often, more of a team player, doesn't try to much of the fancy pish at the wrong time) which I hope Theo can do to.

In short, Ronaldo is f*cking awesome, :drink:

Replacement in waiting. Give the boy a chance, he's only what, 19? He does have rather large boots to fill. He is after all replacing a guy who was the best midfielder on the planet.

ARF!!!

Not a chance in hell he was better than Roy Keane!!! Vieira regularly went missing when playing against Keano.

ARF!!!

Not a chance in hell he was better than Roy Keane!!! Vieira regularly went missing when playing against Keano.

I should also add that Vieira wasn't even the best midfielder in his national team never mind the planet. I'm sure Zinedine Zidane would have a bit of a claim to be the best midfielder on the planet at that time.

Guest LondonScottish
Ronaldo won't as he is not respected in the game among his peers, basically for being a bit of a diving c*nt.

I think you may be wrong on that on. He is the best player in the World as we speak. Who do you think is better?

Apparently* Real are ready with a record bid of 46M

*paper talk

If that were to happen and fergie let him go i think it would criple united for a while like when Becks lefts we were pretty poor to start with then Ronaldo got better every game. Thing is with fergie he'll find someone that maybe comes across as pish or maybe hasna been heard of but after a season or two they prove themselves and turn out to be a great player.

Archived