The Ryan Fraser Clause

Yes but selling him now means they'd have to replace him now. Bear in mind as Premier league players go he's likely to be on one of the lowest wages around. If they got £15 million for him now, just to replace him adequately from another English club is going to cost them probably more fee wise.....given how little time there is to go in the window, selling clubs can ask for higher fees as they've got so little time themselves to source a replacement. Even if the replacement is from a Championship club, he's very likely to  be on higher wages than Fraser already. So getting another year out of him but losing him for free works out far better cost wise as long as he helps them remain in the EPL.

If he does go...….wouldn't surprise me to see them try to replace him with Forrest from the Dhims.

Understand what you are saying. But next year they are in the same situation with none of the Fraser fee to make it easier.

With players costing what they cost and all the income Premier League clubs get, you wonder if Bournemouth would even take a £10-15m offer, they'd probably prefer to keep him for another season and lose him for nothing. Probably aren't going to be able bring someone else in of equal quality and the same wage with £12m.

I must say I'll be pretty gutted if we don't get some money out of a move for this lad.

With all the cash that's sloshing about the leagues down there it'd be typical of our luck to miss out.

Yeah, me too.

Would be hust our luck to lose out on large cash because one player wants to stay, and lose out on large cash because another player wants to leave.

If he signs a new deal, is the sell on fee % still active and continue into his new deal aye?

Course it would. The clause isnt in the players contract, its in the agreement between the clubs. 

Otherwise, what would stop a club offering a player a new contract a week after signing?

Can't say for sure that dazzy knows what he's talking about but certainly makes sense...