Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Sturgeon set to announce that the levels are to be toughened up.

From 26/4  level 4 will go from 300 cases to 150.

Level 2 is going from 150 to 50.

The reason given is the new Brazil variant.

Nice wee shift of the goalposts there. The 26th of April won't signal any significant changes. Just different "variants" of the same shite.

The "hang in a little bit longer, stick to the rules for your own good" argument wore thin a long time ago. It's not a little bit longer.

Just do what you feel comfortable with folks, we're never getting out of this open/close cycle.

4 hours ago, Joe pike said:

So how does that translate against current numbers? Must only be about 3-4 local authorities reporting cases over 150 per 100,000. 

In fact, I'd hazard a guess more local authorities currently fall under level 2 than level 4. With that likely to increase significantly come 26th of April.

Everyone moaned when Glasgow was not put into level 4 when numbers were over 200 per 100,000 (rightly so), so surely this change addresses this sort of disparity? 

Deaths, ICU submissions, hospitalisations, cases, half the number of cases, variants.

It’s been a never ending shifting of goal posts. We’ll probably end up like Australia / New Zealand where one case will gather a lock down for that area.

Just stop getting tested folks, that’s the route to freedom!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Where did you see that Joe ?  Even for Sturgeon’s standards, that sounds extremely draconian.  

Although the things with her tier levels is that they are “indicative only”. Their was certainly a number of occasions before Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire should have been dropped a level but never were. 

Edit - Just seen it on BBC Scotland News. FFS. 

7 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Where did you see that Joe ?  Even for Sturgeon’s standards, that sounds extremely draconian.  

Although the things with her tier levels is that they are “indicative only”. Their was certainly a number of occasions before Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire should have been dropped a level but never were. 

It’s on the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-56237471

Most places are currently level 3

Aberdeen & Shire currently level 2

24 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

And would you go to work if you knowingly had it risking all your colleagues and their families? 

No silly, I wouldn’t have had a test so I wouldn’t knowingly have it.

So you want to stay in and under restrictions until the end of days? Covid-19 is never going away.

We have to learn to live with it without restrictions around every corner like we do with flu (which kills a shit load of elderly, frail and unwell people and fills hospital beds every single year around winter time (but the NHS are never ever prepared for it, which sounds familiar) but we don’t have to hide under our beds to protect people against).
Any other strategy than learning to live with it is bullshit, always has been.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

No silly, I wouldn’t have had a test so I wouldn’t knowingly have it.

So you want to stay in and under restrictions until the end of days? Covid-19 is never going away.

We have to learn to live with it without restrictions around every corner like we do with flu (which kills a shit load of elderly, frail and unwell people and fills hospital beds every single year around winter time (but the NHS are never ever prepared for it, which sounds familiar) but we don’t have to hide under our beds to protect people against).
Any other strategy than learning to live with it is bullshit, always has been.

Surely testing helps with vaccine development. Testing also helps identify new variants which allows vaccines to be modified to ensure they are still effective.

I don't want to be under lockdown anymore than you and completely understand your frustrations, although I don't believe the way out of it is telling people not to get tested. One of the main reasons we are in this position was because it was new virus no one knew about, understanding the virus and how it reacts is vitally important to the return of normality. Testing allows this. 

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Surely testing helps with vaccine development. Testing also helps identify new variants which allows vaccines to be modified to ensure they are still effective.

I don't want to be under lockdown anymore than you and completely understand your frustrations, although I don't believe the way out of it is telling people not to get tested. One of the main reasons we are in this position was because it was new virus no one knew about, understanding the virus and how it reacts is vitally important to the return of normality. Testing allows this. 

I’m not against testing unless the government keep changing the goalposts. 
We’ve put up with it so long, the vulnerable have now been vaccinated and they are still tightening this. People are fucking massively fed up, so if they decide a low number of positive tests keeps an area under higher restrictions then people will just say fuck it and not get tested.

Time to get out there and live with it, including the variants that the government and press use to maintain the massive project fear.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
11 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

I’m not against testing unless the government keep changing the goalposts. 
We’ve put up with it so long, the vulnerable have now been vaccinated and they are still tightening this. People are fucking massively fed up, so if they decide a low number of positive tests keeps an area under higher restrictions then people will just say fuck it and not get tested.

Time to get out there and live with it, including the variants that the government and press use to maintain the massive project fear.

Ah ok, apologies I didn't realise you were being facetious with your comment regarding testing.

Completely agree regarding the change of goalposts. Continual changes does nothing for compliance. 

That's it. The biggest moan as folk say from me is this constant changing if the goalposts. 

Vaccines are the way out

Variant

2 week lockdown

Actually make that 4 months. 

The vaccines are working

We'll return to levels 

Actually we'll return to levels but it'll be much stricter - basically still massive restrictions on your life, enjoy! 

37 minutes ago, Zeus said:

That's it. The biggest moan as folk say from me is this constant changing if the goalposts. 

Vaccines are the way out

Variant

2 week lockdown

Actually make that 4 months. 

The vaccines are working

We'll return to levels 

Actually we'll return to levels but it'll be much stricter - basically still massive restrictions on your life, enjoy! 

A disgraceful sleekit move, this latest one. 

So much for the "we're only 2 weeks behind England in opening up" chat by Sturgeon. 

Opening up 2 weeks behind England to restrictions with parameters twice as stringent as the previous 2020  restrictions more like.  And this is with almost 40% of the adult population vaccinated and likely to be nearer 60% by end April 

I thought it couldn't get much worse until I read this.....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/pal-scot-forced-quarantine-hotel-23577081

Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Matheson should hang their deplorable heads in shame for not intervening in this case. Fucking shame on them both.

I feel heart sorry for the sister of the Deceased. Absolutely disgusting and disgraceful way to treat a fellow human being in times of a family bereavement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 4
23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

A disgraceful sleekit move, this latest one. 

So much for the "we're only 2 weeks behind England in opening up" chat by Sturgeon. 

Opening up 2 weeks behind England to restrictions with parameters twice as stringent as the previous 2020  restrictions more like.  And this is with almost 40% of the adult population vaccinated and likely to be nearer 60% by end April 

According to their new strategic framework they will not go to the level system until all vulnerable groups 1-9 have been offered the vaccine.

Doesn't help that Scotland is such an unhealthy nation...

Just now, tutankamun said:

According to their new strategic framework they will not go to the level system until all vulnerable groups 1-9 have been offered the vaccine.

Doesn't help that Scotland is such an unhealthy nation...

Those groups will all have been offered a vaccine by mid April apparently. 

So that theory doesn't justify what comes afterwards, from end April. 

16 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Those groups will all have been offered a vaccine by mid April apparently. 

So that theory doesn't justify what comes afterwards, from end April. 

But with case numbers / infection rates dropping, vaccine doses increasing, by mid April the whole of Scotland could be at least in level 1, even with the stricter criteria.