Coronavirus

Henry

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I absolutely did, I cast the line expecting either NEM, Zeus or yourself to bite (dayts and Pike as well). You fell for it hook line and sinker ?

You’ve made that up. I haven’t conversed with you before so don’t pretend that it was pre-meditated. You made a fool of yourself and are now retreating after having the pish ripped out of you for saying something daft. 

13 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

You’ve made that up. I haven’t conversed with you before so don’t pretend that it was pre-meditated. You made a fool of yourself and are now retreating after having the pish ripped out of you for saying something daft. 

I have followed this thread enough to know which posters would've taken the bait, I wasn't wrong and I didn't have to try hard. I notice the others just accepted it, you on the other hand.......??, more like Anthony than Richard.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

That's a good thing though, isn't it? Trying to improve the health of the nation. 

By exploiting a 'pandemic' to put people out of business and on the dole? Not a good thing. 

Sturgeon also stated 'all businesses affected can claim help from the Scottish Government' This was a complete, bare faced lie. 

The level system has lost credibility before it even starts. 

Level 4 numbers across the board, forecasting continued level 4 numbers = Level 3

Level 1 and Level 0 numbers across the board, forecasting Level 0 numbers = Level 2.  

Can't visit one family member in their house but can take a bus, meet them in as many cafés and restaurants as you like and share those buses and restaurants with multiple strangers. 

Total bollocks. No one can take this seriously, surely. 

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, maryhilldon said:

That was the rules anyway,  why add on the extra  'have to buy food'  caveat? 

I don't know their reasoning, I can only guess at it. 

Perhaps they feel that the main purpose of the visit to an establishment being drinking will lead to places being full of drunk people, who they clearly believe are less likely to observe the guidelines on distancing and hygiene. 

It seems most nations in Europe are enacting tough restrictions on hospitality, so they clearly all see it as a key area of transmission. I'm not sure how that's backed up by data though. 

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Do you expect bar staff to check every person's address details? 

Isn't that exactly what they're meant to do? I don't expect them to do anything. There's guidelines they have to follow if they want to operate. I'm not in control of anything. 

Just now, manboobs109 said:

By exploiting a 'pandemic' to put people out of business and on the dole? Not a good thing. 

Yeah. That's the aim here. To make people unemployed. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The level system has lost credibility before it even starts. 

Level 4 numbers across the board, forecasting continued level 4 numbers = Level 3

Level 1 and Level 0 numbers across the board, forecasting Level 0 numbers = Level 2.  

Can't visit one family member in their house but can take a bus, meet them in as many cafés and restaurants as you like and share those buses and restaurants with multiple strangers. 

Total bollocks. No one can take this seriously, surely. 

Nail on head. The odd thing that is easy to spot in hindsight I can forgive. 

But you can't say in one sentence Aberdeen is in Level 2 as we are being cautious and Glasgow is Level 3 as we are hopeful. 

• Upvote 2
Just now, Parklife said:

1.) It seems most nations in Europe are enacting tough restrictions on hospitality, so they clearly all see it as a key area of transmission. I'm not sure how that's backed up by data though. 

2.) Yeah. That's the aim here. To make people unemployed. 

1.) They haven't exactly been a great fucking example have they? Why not follow other nations and close borders, implement mass random testing etc. 

2.) If you make decisions which you know will have negative effects, you are responsible for those effects regardless of the initial aim. 

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

1.) They haven't exactly been a great fucking example have they? Why not follow other nations and close borders, implement mass random testing etc. 

I agree totally. 

1 minute ago, Redforever86 said:

2.) If you make decisions which you know will have negative effects, you are responsible for those effects regardless of the initial aim. 

Indeed. However the point I was arguing with was the assertion that they're "exploiting" the pandemic to deliberately put pubs to the wall. That's just nonsense. 

Theyre should be more support for businesses impacted by restrictions. I agree totally on that. 

2 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Of course they don't check address details. Did you not say you've been in a few pubs? Did you take your bank statement or gas bill with you? 

I've filled in my address multiple places. Everywhere I was had a thing on the table you filled in. Been a month or so now but I'm sure they all had an address box.