Coronavirus

Henry

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

We would need to clarify the conversation. I don't think lockdown is bullshit. The mismanagement of the pandemic is gigantic, the worst two countries on earth coincidentally being run by the worst PM and POTUS ever but the police actions currently are more than sinister.

There would be no lockdown in 2021 if the virus had been contained. Even Wuhan celebrated New Year in big crowds and no masks. 

Which party do you think would have managed it better?

Parts of China are being locked down again now 

3 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Yes and no.

Eh can go to the pub, restaurant, basically anything like it used to be, except leave the country.

That the case for Australia as a whole? Sure I read they were locking down Victoria because of one positive case?

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I have no idea how Labour would've done. There are only two parties that can win it in this fucked up union. But two things I'm certain of, they couldn't have been any worse than these evil Tory fuckers and an independent Scotland wouldn't have mismanaged it this bad either. The biggest omissions were earlier lockdown and international travel. 

Labour have abstained or voted with the government on everything Covid related I think 

The Scottish government have made a rip roaring cunt of it as well so I’m not sure I share your confidence

• Upvote 1
Just now, The Boofon said:

Which is not correct.

Regardless of pubs, cinemas etc. being free and easy to access, not being allowed to leave your country is incredible restrictive.

North Korean almost.

Aye we’ve been able to leave the country throughout.

Looks like Australia has reverted back into a prison camp ?

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Daytripping spews bile and was severely damaged in his upbringing. Not all Tories do and were. I think any Scot that voted Tory is a sick puppy though, as many did.

If you did, would you mind enlightening me as to why you voted for conservative?

To annoy you 

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Just because you don't travel doesn't mean millions of us should follow your lead. La Sagrada Familia needs to be seen, touched and felt. You don't get that without actually being there. 

Yeah but so what really? So you've seen some church? It's not worth the problems it all brings. If this new world order brings one benefit it'll hopefully be stopping every cunt traipsing all over the shop. 

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I have no idea how Labour would've done. There are only two parties that can win it in this fucked up union. But two things I'm certain of, they couldn't have been any worse than these evil Tory fuckers and an independent Scotland wouldn't have mismanaged it this bad either. The biggest omissions were earlier lockdown and international travel. 

Would'nt be an independent Scotland though.

The SNP want us to rejoin that disfunctional club called the EU.These jokers spent weeks arguing amongst themselves about vaccines and delayed the release of them for at least a month.The French who can never be trusted and Germany are still at each other's throats.

The rest of the motley crew  mump  about things but have no say so what chance would Scotland have.

As for Scotland's handling of covid itis just as bad as the rest of the U.K. despite Sturgeons spin.The last 2 days have shown 93 deaths each day which in UK terms works out at about 1100 deaths daily.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I was one of the 38%. An independent Scotland does not mean applying to rejoin the EU. The SNP wouldn't necessarily be in charge. A new self-determined country would have new political parties to vote for. I will never support this SNP post independence. 

You would have no choice.SNP policy is to immediately apply to rejoin the EU.

You might not vote for them but the rest of the cult will.

37 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Yeah but so what really? So you've seen some church? It's not worth the problems it all brings. If this new world order brings one benefit it'll hopefully be stopping every cunt traipsing all over the shop. 

That’d be the worst part of it you daft cunt ?

8 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The gap between the vote yes referendum and the constitution of the new country won't be only weeks or months. In this time, there will be new parties and our first general election will be held.

This is not tea-leaf reading, it's common sense.

I’m always amazed just how many people have no appreciation for this... it’s quite frightening the number of people who think Sturgeon would instantly become the first president of an independent Scotland.

Im sure she’d try to form her own party, but I doubt she’d get close to any power... I think she probably knows this and the status quo suits her.  Right now, this is the most power she’ll ever have.

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Excuse my ignorance then , but on the morning after a successful  'Yes' vote who would be in charge ?

The same people as were in the government the day of the vote. We wouldn't automatically be independent though. There'd be a period to negotiate the intricacies (assets, debt, etc) of Independence with the rUK. Much like the UK has had with the EU in regards to brexit. 

I'd expect elections prior to us becoming fully independent, with everyone knowing they'll be voting for the first government of a newly independent Scotland  

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The same people as were in the government the day of the vote. We wouldn't automatically be independent though. There'd be a period to negotiate the intricacies (assets, debt, etc) of Independence with the rUK. Much like the UK has had with the EU in regards to brexit. 

I'd expect elections prior to us becoming fully independent, with everyone knowing they'll be voting for the first government of a newly independent Scotland  

Pretty sure a huge chunk of those voting yes would then vote for the politicians who successfully led Scotland to independence. The same politicians who are currently in charge and currently leading every poll.