Coronavirus

Henry

Interesting 'discussion' on weight and health there, after fat shaming the mink of course, low weight and health are not mutually exclusive, you can look at  rugby union front row and they will generally be carrying timber, but are strong, have endurance, pliability, cardio vascular fitness...probably all at a level higher than people judging purely on looks.

I also noted someone talking about a fat person running slow (be arsed finding the post) you don't have any idea what zone they were operating in. The pace might have been been the point but again make judgements.

At the crux of it all tho, is being a gron up, an adult makes decisions, do I go for that run, do I do those push ups,  do I eat those donuts...fat people who moan for example about how they can't lose weight are making excuses, they have made the choice to exercise or not to eat what they eat or not. Can't say I want result x but on action that does not create x 

So to them I say 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6fQnTyEniM

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If Leitch is advising the Scottish Government then we're never going to get anywhere. 

Out of all the people that appear on the daily covid show that prick looks like he's enjoying the attention the most. 

Of course he is.

He has recently bought a new house.

He was making a new advert for covid today.

He is on numerous quangos and committees.

His life like many of his pals has actually improved in the last year.

49 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Interesting 'discussion' on weight and health there, after fat shaming the mink of course, low weight and health are not mutually exclusive, you can look at  rugby union front row and they will generally be carrying timber, but are strong, have endurance, pliability, cardio vascular fitness...probably all at a level higher than people judging purely on looks.

I also noted someone talking about a fat person running slow (be arsed finding the post) you don't have any idea what zone they were operating in. The pace might have been been the point but again make judgements.

At the crux of it all tho, is being a gron up, an adult makes decisions, do I go for that run, do I do those push ups,  do I eat those donuts...fat people who moan for example about how they can't lose weight are making excuses, they have made the choice to exercise or not to eat what they eat or not. Can't say I want result x but on action that does not create x 

So to them I say 

Does the choice aspect apply to all harmful behaviours then? Drugs? Bevvy? 

I'm not saying people are completely incapable of making their own choices, of course they are, but to say modern life plays no part in the problem is just silly and that attitude means it's a problem that will only get worse.

11 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Does the choice aspect apply to all harmful behaviours then? Drugs? Bevvy? 

I'm not saying people are completely incapable of making their own choices, of course they are, but to say modern life plays no part in the problem is just silly and that attitude means it's a problem that will only get worse.

You choose to drink alcohol
You choose to do drugs
You choose to sit on your sofa in front of the telly and scarf down foods that are bad for your health.

'Modern life' by that you refer to what exactly?

In modern life, there is far greater knowledge, information, opportunity to make changes. 
Its not like anyone can be ignorant of the damage the are doing to themselves.

So I don't really get the modern life argument sorry.

Its just looking not to take personal responsibility, looking for excuses and something/one else to blame.
(unless of course you are being fed like a duck/goose for foie gras, in which case then yes it is someone else's fault. 

10 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

You choose to do drugs
You choose to sit on your sofa in front of the telly and scarf down foods that are bad for your health.

In modern life, there is far greater knowledge, information, opportunity to make changes. 

Its just looking not to take personal responsibility, looking for excuses and something/one else to blame.
(unless of course you are being fed like a duck/goose for foie gras, in which case then yes it is someone else's fault. 

Och I've made my point. 

I'm with you on a lot of this MB. I myself have been guilty of "fat-shaming" in the past and it can often be easy to simply blame folk 100% for the state their in. 

However that's judging them by my fortunate upbringing and my own circumstances. Not everyone was brought up being made to eat healthily (my folks used to make me sit at the table until I'd eaten my veg), nor taught to cook a proper nutritious dinner. Not everyone has had that. And it is often easier and cheaper to feed a family absolute shite, than it is proper grub. 

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm with you on a lot of this MB. I myself have been guilty of "fat-shaming" in the past and it can often be easy to simply blame folk 100% for the state their in. 

However that's judging them by my fortunate upbringing and my own circumstances. Not everyone was brought up being made to eat healthily (my folks used to make me sit at the table until I'd eaten my veg), nor taught to cook a proper nutritious dinner. Not everyone has had that. And it is often easier and cheaper to feed a family absolute shite, than it is proper grub. 

What's your take on this lad, Parky min...

spacer.png

We had a tough upbringing as my ill father was not able to work for the last few years of his life but we still had decent grub to feed us that never made us fat, plus we never chose to feel sorry for ourselves by dining on gulch. 

Whilst some folk become obese through no fault of their own, the majority are fat through their own selfishness and pity. 

27 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Cooking is a massive part of things. It's becoming a lost art to a huge part of the population. I've always been amazed that some people use a microwave to make porridge, overpaying massively for the wee sachet things. No healthier breakfast for a bairn than a big bowl of porridge and it costs pennies but some people actually cant make it.

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

spacer.png

We had a tough upbringing as my ill father was not able to work for the last few years of his life but we still had decent grub to feed us that never made us fat, plus we never chose to feel sorry for ourselves by dining on gulch. 

Whilst some folk become obese through no fault of their own, the majority are fat through their own selfishness and pity. 

You've chosen a very extreme example there. Clearly its gotten to a stage where there's no excuse. He clearly has "enablers" feeding him too, as no way is he buying and making his own food. 

I'm not abdicating personal responsibility for folk. I'm just saying that it's not always as easy as blaming the person. Not everyone had parents like you or me, who made sure they had nutritious food. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You've chosen a very extreme example there. Clearly its gotten to a stage where there's no excuse. He clearly has "enablers" feeding him too, as no way is he buying and making his own food. 

I'm not abdicating personal responsibility for folk. I'm just saying that it's not always as easy as blaming the person. Not everyone had parents like you or me, who made sure they had nutritious food. 

Excellent post min?.

32 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Cooking is a massive part of things. It's becoming a lost art to a huge part of the population. I've always been amazed that some people use a microwave to make porridge, overpaying massively for the wee sachet things. No healthier breakfast for a bairn than a big bowl of porridge and it costs pennies but some people actually cant make it.

Porrage isn’t that cheap when you make it with milk. But I agree with the sentiment. I’m sure I could eat decent meals for £3 a day easy. 

3 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

So to them I say 

Pretty sure that fat cunt in the Covid ward would be shite at rugby but I get your general point ?

2 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

You choose to do drugs

Watched a program on feeders once. Some fat American teenager was in hospital getting his stomach stapled and his old dear was feeding him donuts or some other shite at his hospital bedside ??‍♂️?

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

spacer.png

Did he not get gastric band surgery on the NHS, lose a shitload of weight and gain an American girlfriend who he moved over to be with?

And promptly put virtually every single pound he lost back on again.

And is now back in the UK begging for more treatment meanwhile requiring carers again

3 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

You choose to do drugs

Choose life.

Just googled him

He's called Paul Mason................from Ipswich no less

Supposedly came back to the UK after getting dumped because his visa ran out. Well it would do if you were buying the amount of junk food he does.

Last heard of about 14 months back living in sheltered accomodation on Universal Credit whilst demanding :

More weight loss surgery

Bilateral knee relacements

One hip replacement

Numerous hernia repairs

Ex-gf was tidy as fuck ana