Coronavirus

Henry

32 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Really? I apologise then. Pretty sure we used it often. Went to the chinese opposite Gabriels on day one and must have travelled to other towns on further days in August. Pretty sure we were in Tony Macaroni for the last day of it and w found a number of venues who did their own 50% off main meals beyond the government thing.

But from a virus, epidemiological viewpoint, it was still a stupid initiative designed wholly for BlowJob to try and gain brownie points in my opinion, him "getting down with the peepil", conveniently forgetting about the majority who couldn't afford it.

Many places ran their own scheme to encourage custom but they werent able to claim the money back from the government as per the eat out to help out scheme. So our hospitality venues very much did miss out. 

27 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Spit it out min...

Is this the advent 1984 and Brave New World, as predicted by Orwell and Huxley, as peddled by millions online?

Incompetence or something more sinister?

Panic and incompetence that's being exploited. 

All yer sage, epidemiologists etc that are advising governments, this is their World Cup. A once in a lifetime chance to be heroes. Unemployment, education, mental health, it's all secondary to them. 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

It wasn't just closing hospitality though, was it? There were restrictions on travel too, I thought? 

Given the pictures that emerged of Aberdeen that evening too and the high profile nature of the Soul8, it was clear that the public health stretchy was to "send a message" that what had went on was unacceptable. 

Was it unfair on Aberdeen? Maybe. Did it likely help in terms of virus prevalence? I think so. 

There were yes.  Something she didn't apply to Glasgow despite them having a far higher prevalence of cases.  Clear double standard in her approach.  If she'd applied the same measures to Glasgow and as quickly as she did up here the virus wouldn't have been allowed to run rampant and we might not have had to endure the past few months of lockdown

42 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Really? I apologise then. Pretty sure we used it often. Went to the chinese opposite Gabriels on day one and must have travelled to other towns on further days in August. Pretty sure we were in Tony Macaroni for the last day of it and w found a number of venues who did their own 50% off main meals beyond the government thing.

But from a virus, epidemiological viewpoint, it was still a stupid initiative designed wholly for BlowJob to try and gain brownie points in my opinion, him "getting down with the peepil", conveniently forgetting about the majority who couldn't afford it.

Do you usually make full use of "stupid initiatives"?  ?

Alot of places in Aberdeen extended the scheme off their own back as they missed most of the period the government set

• Haha 1

Poor teachers.

The SSTA teachers' union says it is very worried by the first minister’s statement.

General secretary Seamus Searson said: “It shows a real lack of understanding of how teachers are feeling at the moment”

Mr Searson said there’d been no discussion with SSTA (or other unions) prior to the announcement and stressed problems that will be created in secondary schools.

He highlighted the position of vulnerable and shielding staff and their involvement in pupils returning. And said teachers with child caring responsibilities have not been considered.

Mr Searson said: “There will be a lot of frightened and worried teachers as a consequence of the FM statement especially as everybody is in lockdown until the end of February. Teachers are not allowed the protections that everybody else has. “

Honestly think the unions are much worse than teachers.  They werr calling for all kids to wear masks all day...

Been in numerous Google meets with my daughter and her teacher/class over the last weeks its been clear to me her teacher wants the kids back in ASAP. 

Edit: have no doubt there will be a few kicking off about going back. 

4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Shitting it they have to do some work, shameful. 

Bollocks mate teachers are having a nightmare at the moment.  Jobs been downhill for years due to SNP mismanagement as it is - can see there being an even bigger increase in vacancies if this lockdown pish continues

Just now, maryhilldon said:

She likes to dish out taxpayers money to occupations dominated by woman  (nursing and teaching).  Looking after her feminist sisters. 

Bonus only for secondary teachers who have to grade pupils because the exams aren't happening.  Usual headline grabbing pish from Sturgeon

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

It was stupid from a central government policy viewpoint but it would've been stupid not to take advantage.

It was unfair as many can't afford to eat out. It was stupid from the virus transmission dangers.

We have already agreed that many places did their own thing.

Unfair to those who can't afford to eat out by making eating out more affordable?  How does that work then?

The bits in bold are a contradiction are they not?  Stupid for going out, stupid if you didn't ?

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

So you don't know what's been going on at Westminster that affects us?

Or don't you care? Perhaps because of your agenda which is pro Tory?

Guy who kills a fox for fun and represents transgender people in court against the NHS, also a former advisor to Ed Milliband. Can we just put it out there that I don't like the loony left and have no time for his company, have no doubt he'll be creaming his chunk from fat fee's. 

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I don't know what world you live in but at 50% off the main meal, there were many millions who still couldn't afford it.

You think we should have stayed at home even MORE than the government locked us down to? Did you?

No I don't think we should be staying at home at all - I'm not the hypocrite claiming the scheme was stupid though ?

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I don't know what world you live in but at 50% off the main meal, there were many millions who still couldn't afford it.

You think we should have stayed at home even MORE than the government locked us down to? Did you?

Come on, less booze and fags, get rid of the big tv and sky. Course they can afford it, they choose not to. The benefits safety net is more than enough for anyone.