Coronavirus

Henry

4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

It's cunts trying to get off work during the festive period. 

Maybe. 

Probably also likely that people are double checking etc when meeting up with potentially vulnerable relatives. 

I was meant to go my folks' last night with my Grandmother but my brother produced 3 positive LFs. 

So we all just stayed at home. Best not to risk it. 

23 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Not a chance, Consi. There would have been far more folk doing that months ago if that was the general mindset. 

Why do you think folk don't want to work? 

42 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Maybe. 

Probably also likely that people are double checking etc when meeting up with potentially vulnerable relatives. 

I was meant to go my folks' last night with my Grandmother but my brother produced 3 positive LFs. 

Correct. More family visits = more LFT's being done. 

Just now, BrianFaePerth said:

Genuine question Consi:

before this shitshow would you have gone to your granny’s if one of you had a sniffle? If no, what if you all felt fine, maybe not realising your brother had a cold coming on?

Aye. 

These are the times we live in though. 

51 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Maybe. 

Genuine question Consi:

before this shitshow would you have gone to your granny’s if one of you had a sniffle? If no, what if you all felt fine, maybe not realising your brother had a cold coming on?

12 minutes ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Fair enough.

Eh just don’t see the difference though. Maybe with delta and the others but not omicron.

Omicron does seem less severe. 

I suggested wiping down surfaces and keeping my bro in his room. 

Is what it is. Better safe than sorry. 

Grandmother also currently has a chest infection so best to not tempt fate. 

16 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Omicron is 12 times as transmissable, as previous variants,  but way less severe?

Will be interesting if it mutates to be 12 times as severe as previous variants inna.

Then there'll be shenanigans boy howdy ?

Hope nae

2 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

So naive. These vulnerable folk are double vaccinated and have a booster. Protecting elderly relatives is not the reason for the increase in lateral flow tests. 

Certainly is within my family. 

Your claim that people are "praying" for a positive test is dumb as fuck tbh. 

Keep hearing all these doomsday predictions on the news, worst case scenarios etc, they’re really ramping up the fear now. 

oh boy are you all gonna pay for visiting each other at Xmas, just you wait. 

well there’s fuck all happening up here. It’s all happening in England which means it’s yer black n paki driving it. We shouldn’t be shackled with that lot 

17 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Of course there will be some people hoping to get it without symptoms, especially people with full sick pay.

Naive in the extreme to think otherwise.

He claimed that the rise in folk doing LFT's was heehaw to do with folk trying to be cautious and was instead driven by folk hoping to get positive results so that they don't have to work. 

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He claimed that the rise in folk doing LFT's was heehaw to do with folk trying to be cautious and was instead driven by folk hoping to get positive results so that they don't have to work. 

But you said " Your claim that people are "praying" for a positive test is dumb as fuck tbh." and that is incredibly naive. There will be people wanting a positive.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/02/britain-got-it-wrong-on-covid-long-lockdown-did-more-harm-than-good-says-scientist

"Instead, the country should have put far more effort into protecting the vulnerable. Well over 30,000 people died of Covid-19 in Britain’s care homes. On average, each home got an extra £250,000 from the government to protect against the virus, he calculates. “Much more should have been spent on providing protection for care homes,” says Woolhouse, who also castigates the government for offering nothing more than a letter telling those shielding elderly parents and other vulnerable individuals in their own homes to take precautions"

@Parklife

You'll have to get on to this guy and tell him this theory has been "discredited" and is impossible.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/02/britain-got-it-wrong-on-covid-long-lockdown-did-more-harm-than-good-says-scientist

"Instead, the country should have put far more effort into protecting the vulnerable. Well over 30,000 people died of Covid-19 in Britain’s care homes. On average, each home got an extra £250,000 from the government to protect against the virus, he calculates. “Much more should have been spent on providing protection for care homes,” says Woolhouse, who also castigates the government for offering nothing more than a letter telling those shielding elderly parents and other vulnerable individuals in their own homes to take precautions"

@Parklife

You'll have to get on to this guy and tell him this theory has been "discredited" and is impossible.

The scientist cunt will be cancelled straight away