January 2021

39 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Is GMS better than Kennedy? I'd say yes. McGinn also sadly looked finished at this level on Saturday so I wouldn't say no to having GMS back.

I do think though we have much more pressing concerns (full back and striker).

GMS would be fucking terrible playing where Kennedy is currently being asked to. He's an even bigger fanny than Kennedy.

McGinn I agree looks done and has been since he signed but GMS is the same age now as when McGinn came back.

An inconsistent fanny who is potentially past it on big wages is a no for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GMS would be more then welcome as a signing. He was our second top scorer behind Cosgrove the season he left. Heres why I think he'd be good: 

1.) He's unpredictable. At the moment its easy for opposition defences to suss us out. Pack the box and know that the quality coming in will have to be excellent to find a man. 

2.) He's entertaining. Everyone moans about how shit we are to watch, but when there's a possibility we can pick up a gifted winger on a free they moan? 

3.) He knows the club, the players etc. Means we won't have someone with that usual bedding in period, especially when we need to get playing well again, fast. 

It's a no brainer for me. I look forward to watching him in a Dons top again.

2 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Exactly this, file it against Mcginn, Hayes, Taylor, Stewart, Hoban & Christie

McGinn was a key player up until this season and one of our only creative players last season.

Hayes clearly is a positive to our team.

Hoban is our best defender and so far has confounded the injury prone reputation.

Christie was good for us.

Taylor .. im not even starting but in a large percentage of games hes solid at this level.

Stewart was shite both times.

Plenty of managers re-sign players (for better and worse) and as shown above at least 4 of these 6 were good signings in the second spell. 

Another reason for some to moan. GMS is better than Kennedy and current Mcginn for a start. Well worth signing

2 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

McGinn was a key player up until this season and one of our only creative players last season.

Hayes clearly is a positive to our team.

Hoban is our best defender and so far has confounded the injury prone reputation.

Christie was good for us.

Taylor .. im not even starting but in a large percentage of games hes solid at this level.

Stewart was shite both times.

Plenty of managers re-sign players (for better and worse) and as shown above at least 4 of these 6 were good signings in the second spell. 

Another reason for some to moan. GMS is better than Kennedy and current Mcginn for a start. Well worth signing

Your assessment of Taylor is ridiculous couple off standard performances v shite sides is hardly ‘solid’ in ‘a large percentage of games. The 3-0 v Motherwell easily counters a couple of average 0-0s 

Taylor is not solid at this level. Considine could possibly be categorised as such but not Taylor. Taylor is more often than not a liability waiting to happen at any level.

Truly baffles me that ANY dons fans (even the most happy clapping droolers) can ever be even the slightest bit ‘content’ with that joke of a CH in a dons shirt

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
33 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Your assessment of Taylor is ridiculous couple off standard performances v shite sides is hardly ‘solid’ in ‘a large percentage of games. The 3-0 v Motherwell easily counters a couple of average 0-0s 

Taylor is not solid at this level. Considine could possibly be categorised as such but not Taylor. Taylor is more often than not a liability waiting to happen at any level.

Truly baffles me that ANY dons fans (even the most happy clapping droolers) can ever be even the slightest bit ‘content’ with that joke of a CH in a dons shirt

I knew you would crop up on Taylor, you hide it very well (?) but it sometimes comes across like you fucking hate him, surely not though?

• Dildo 2
49 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I knew you would crop up on Taylor, you hide it very well (?) but it sometimes comes across like you fucking hate him, surely not though?

& you relentlessly defend him better than he could ever dream to defend himself 

I do hate him clearly but only as long as he blags his way through a career at Aberdeen 

your defence of McInnes & all the shite he brings to Aberdeen in complete ignorance is way more ridiculous than my minor hatred of him & all his flaws.

You seem hell bent on acceptance rather than wish for improvement. 

Which of our attitudes towards what we both wish for better of the club do you think is most ridiculous?

That is a rhetorical question as your answer would only confirm my opinion of you anyway

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Any idea if Grieg Leigh is due back from injury before his contract runs out? Not sure we should be extending it like as he seems too injury prone but Mcinnes does love an injured player.

McInnes has more faith in the hope of injured players returning & improving, than he has in his own abilities to source improvements by finding new players.

He has a ready made list of excuses for justifying this attitude.

January being the hardest window to find players is always a cracker, cannot wait until he trots this one out again soon. Along with the added benefit of COVID etc.

1 hour ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Any idea if Grieg Leigh is due back from injury before his contract runs out? Not sure we should be extending it like as he seems too injury prone but Mcinnes does love an injured player.

No word of the four out of contract lads. Would make sense to punt them all (and revisit Watkins on deadline day... if he's injured until Feb)

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

& you relentlessly defend him better than he could ever dream to defend himself 

I do hate him clearly but only as long as he blags his way through a career at Aberdeen 

your defence of McInnes & all the shite he brings to Aberdeen in complete ignorance is way more ridiculous than my minor hatred of him & all his flaws.

You seem hell bent on acceptance rather than wish for improvement. 

Which of our attitudes towards what we both wish for better of the club do you think is most ridiculous?

That is a rhetorical question as your answer would only confirm my opinion of you anyway

I dont even defend Taylor hugely and i dont think hes all that great. But when someone has an actual mental explosion when his name comes up (you) i find it weird.

I dont defend Mcinnes shite either - Greg Stewart for example mentioned above.

You have no balance. I do. For some reason seeing some good and bad stuff really winds you up.

I find it more amusing than anything when someone hates 99 per cent about the football club he supports (you) . Dont see why you follow it.

I want improvement. I see some at times (eg - the broadly accepted fact we were playing good football and winning before injuries and covid kicked in) . I also see shite at times (certain players not always good enough and some stubborn tactics.

The problem is some people think criticising every aspect of the club and team (just so they can jump on any that turn out to be right with "i told you so") is in some way evidence of being an individual whose more of a "winner"  . 

I think balance probably is closer to the truth. Some would rather their opinions are justified by those they hate being shit every week. Weirdos

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

I dont even defend Taylor hugely and i dont think hes all that great. But when someone has an actual mental explosion when his name comes up (you) i find it weird.

I dont defend Mcinnes shite either - Greg Stewart for example mentioned above.

You have no balance. I do. For some reason seeing some good and bad stuff really winds you up.

I find it more amusing than anything when someone hates 99 per cent about the football club he supports (you) . Dont see why you follow it.

I want improvement. I see some at times (eg - the broadly accepted fact we were playing good football and winning before injuries and covid kicked in) . I also see shite at times (certain players not always good enough and some stubborn tactics.

The problem is some people think criticising every aspect of the club and team (just so they can jump on any that turn out to be right with "i told you so") is in some way evidence of being an individual whose more of a "winner"  . 

I think balance probably is closer to the truth. Some would rather their opinions are justified by those they hate being shit every week. Weirdos

What utter shite. 
I credit McInnes & even the likes of Taylor when it is earned, the fact it is seldom earned is not on me & I am fairly easily pleased I am not ashamed to admit.

Mental explosion lol.

Hates 99% about the club lol.

no balance lol

Such maturity in your arguments lol

yes the lols are deliberately ironic

• Downvote 3

It just smacks of taking the easy option and lazy scouting. He'd probably do ok but id rather we were identifying players who could potentially lift us up a notch. Is GMS likely to have his best years ahead of him? Doubtful.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're looking to cut the budget hence the names being linked, none of which excite.

22 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’d be hoping that if this is to go through that GMS isn’t still stateside just now as then we won’t be seeing him in a shirt anytime soon.

The real question is what GMS would we be getting ..the lackluster form when he came over from celtic or the inspired version in his contract year.  

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The only drooler re Ash Taylor is you. 

Most Dons fans accept he's no great shakes, but aren't so stupid to just relentlessly chastise the guy no matter how he plays. It doesn't seek to serve any purpose. Taylor is part of a backline that has a less than goal per game concession rate. IMO he defends his penalty box well, and generally performs well when he doesn't have the ball at his feet for long. 

Having said that, he is a bombscare at times, and we should be looking to do better than him long term. I just canna get my head round frothing at the mouth at one particular player when this season there have actually been far worse performers. Joe Lewis, Funso Ojo, Ferguson, Cosgrove, to name a few.

2 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’d be hoping that if this is to go through that GMS isn’t still stateside just now as then we won’t be seeing him in a shirt anytime soon.

Also worth remembering GMS had his head more or less caved in by Boyata in the 2018 League Cup Final, that curtailed his form for months and took him a while to get over. To this day, I am adamant it's a penalty. You'll never get them at Hampden against those cunts though.

2 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Made me chuckle  ? 

It's true! Two touches and away and he's right as rain. Anything more and our arseholes start clapping.