January 2021

33 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What bloody effect does "potential signings " have on a challenge for 2nd place?

Honestly sometimes I absolutely hate coming on here

Cannot believe there are people as thick as what there are

Exactly.

Some folk see a rumour (or worse, hear one from someone ITK) and get pissed off about the thought of it. Thick cunts

• Dildo 2

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not 27 year old journeymen.

What type of players? I know nothing about the guy. Might be an absolute star. Might be shite. 

folk are screaming for that boy from Motherwell, who not long ago had a career highlight of Clyde and Stranraer

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

My expectations are low for immediate help unless we see bodies ie salaries moved out as the squad is rather large by historical standards.  Thinking precontracts to get things started for next season with end of the line for logan, main, taylor and mcginn.  

Id keep Taylor. Going by this forum im in the minority with that opinion. He has been considerably better during his second spell. 

I see Edmundson may be here till the end of the season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

What type of players? I know nothing about the guy. Might be an absolute star. Might be shite. 

folk are screaming for that boy from Motherwell, who not long ago had a career highlight of Clyde and Stranraer

Young players with potential ideally.

And Declan Gallagher who you allude to, has been a Premiership player for 3 years now(?) & is an international centre half.

Hardly like-for-like.

Anyway, it’s all just paper talk so just wait & see. I’d never even heard of the lad until 9am today.

Put it this way, I wouldn’t be hugely optimistic of him making any sort of impact at our level. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
21 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Id keep Taylor. Going by this forum im in the minority with that opinion. He has been considerably better during his second spell. 

Taylor has been good in the last few games but should only ever be back up if we are to improve.

Edmondson can go back to Leeds tomorrow - the lad is shite & doesn’t have a football brain. 

36 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

My expectations are low for immediate help unless we see bodies ie salaries moved out as the squad is rather large by historical standards.  Thinking precontracts to get things started for next season with end of the line for logan, main, taylor and mcginn.  

The squad is large, but bang average out with the first X1. 

The back up/ subs to the strongest X1 - Logan, Devlin, Ojo, Main, Edmondson, Leigh - all shite.

I’d rather see the likes of young lads such as Ramsay & Ngwenya get game time over Logan & Leigh for example. 

• Downvote 1
54 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

I thought your comment about getting the boy from Dunfermline for the rest of the season was the stupidest post I’d read on here today.

Congrats you’ve just topped it ?

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
45 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Young players with potential ideally.

And Declan Gallagher who you allude to, has been a Premiership player for 3 years now(?) & is an international centre half.

Hardly like-for-like.

Anyway, it’s all just paper talk so just wait & see. I’d never even heard of the lad until 9am today.

Put it this way, I wouldn’t be hugely optimistic of him making any sort of impact at our level. 

Aye, but 3 years ago (?) he was a player with a record of lower league pish, with no premier league experience or caps for Scotland.  At the age of 26/27...

that's my point. 

37 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The squad is large, but bang average out with the first X1. 

The back up/ subs to the strongest X1 - Logan, Devlin, Ojo, Main, Edmondson, Leigh - all shite.

I’d rather see the likes of young lads such as Ramsay & Ngwenya get game time over Logan & Leigh for example. 

I think there is a lack of urgency with the chairman and the board...  afc is exactly where they expected to be at this time... not good enough to challenge the old firms but bang average is likely good enough to hold off hibs and livingston..  

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I recall some folk were suggesting to sign Gallagher and Halkett from Livvie 2-3 years ago.

Halkett clearly looked the better of the two.

It's a funny old game.

Going to a tinpot outfit like hearts can fuck up the most promising of careers ?

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

To you, maybe

To everyone.

Halkett was linked with rangers, aberdeen and hearts.

Motherwell sauntered in and persuaded Gallagher to commit early to a pre contract

edit: I'd have been happy with either (and Lamie) based on how good that Livvie team was. They all looked the part

Maybe can’t offer as much wages but no be miles off as a lot down south lowering their bills with new caps. If the  club is smart I’d be speaking up our record of getting young Scottish players caps - as Campbell will be looking to step up next few years - compared to many who go down south and don’t get a sniff 

12 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Aye, but 3 years ago (?) he was a player with a record of lower league pish, with no premier league experience or caps for Scotland.  At the age of 26/27...

that's my point. 

Tbf he had been with Dundee since 2012 and had played a full season in the SPL before getting relegated with them

And has had 2 further full seasons SPL experience with Livi and half a season with 'Well

Gallagher's career has been at an overall higher level than Murray, albeit he's 3 years older. I think the overall point being made is that the jump from Dunfermline to us at Murray's age is just too much of a risk, albeit he would be cheap as chips. Even a year at somewhere like St Johnstone and proving himself at that level and I could probably say he could be worth  a punt on ( as 4th choice cover) but without that evidence, he's just not worth the risk.