January 2021

Depressing week.

Wright to leave - One of the few guys on our books that can offer something different and create something. When fit he improves our team and is exciting to watch. We should be keeping him, a local loon ffs.

GMS not joining - Pretty much as above, he'd improve us.

Greg Leigh staying - Unnecessary use of a budget. Offers next to nothing and is bench warmer if ever fit. Complete waste of resources.

To top it off it looks like we'll be stuck with an uninterested Cosgrove, useless Edmunson, Shite Main, lost it McGinn, hopeless Ojo,  past it Logan. Early season optimism all gone and already I'll be glad to see this season end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Depressing week.

Wright to leave - One of the few guys on our books that can offer something different and create something. When fit he improves our team and is exciting to watch. We should be keeping him, a local loon ffs.

Greg Leigh staying - Unnecessary use of a budget. Offers next to nothing and is bench warmer if ever fit. Complete waste of resources.

To top it off it looks like we'll be stuck with an uninterested Cosgrove, useless Edmunson, Shite Main, lost it McGinn, hopeless Ojo,  past it Logan. Early season optimism all gone and already I'll be glad to see this season end.

Still too early in the window to assume nothing will happen despite the stuff that McInnes spouts.  

For example, a bid for Cosgrove would likely kick-start a few things. 

9 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Depressing week.

I could add to your gloom by mentioning that "past it Logan" is pretty close to triggering his automatic 1 year extension 

But I won't do that

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I could add to your gloom by mentioning that "past it Logan" is pretty close to triggering his automatic 1 year extension 

But I won't do that

How many games does he have to play to trigger that extension?

Does the club have the authority to renege on that ?

The person who negotiated that clause needs shot

Extension clauses are a minefield but generally weighted very much in favour of the player. Usually it is to take part in 50% of the matches due to be played in a league season (even a 1 minute substitute appearance counts)...but cup matches get counted toward this total although aren't in the clause. And if a player gets injured they still get credited with appearances. 

We have got a large squad so it's possible if we get our injured players back (and we dont suffer another run of them like in November) he might just fall short. If McInnes doesn't want him he could just stop selecting him and the problem would be resolved. Other clubs in the past have played players right up till one appearance before a triggered extension....it's pretty brutal to do that though.

I don't think the club could renege on a contract inclusion without facing a hefty penalty, although I suppose if we really didnt wan't him there could be an agreed pay off negotiated in lieu of an extension if he were to trigger it. 

If his plumbing business really kicks off of course he might fancy calling it quits with us and going part time with Cove or the likes

Surely with Graham Alexander being just in the door at Motherwell, he won't have a clue about Main. He'll also want to assess what he has on the books before he does anything.

His knowledge of players up here has to be negligible, much more likely to see him shopping in the english leagues that he's very familiar with. 

5 minutes ago, Macski said:

Surely with Graham Alexander being just in the door at Motherwell, he won't have a clue about Main. He'll also want to assess what he has on the books before he does anything.

His knowledge of players up here has to be negligible, much more likely to see him shopping in the english leagues that he's very familiar with. 

Your probably correct and here was me wishing he was taking Main and Ojo off our books

10 minutes ago, Macski said:

He signed Rooney and Wilson at Salford. He’ll know Main very well.

There is a young striker 20 yr with youth nt experience out of costa rica linked to Atlanta United.

The manager says no winter moves, but Ronald was supposed to ship out. Which is it?

Maybe Montenegro could be loaned in with a transfer done over the summer. Then unlike Ronnie actually gets minutes in the first team before moving on to Atlanta. My guess isJuergens Montenegro is worth about 500k.

I'm surprised Furgeson isn't headed out. Bids are surely coming.

Having listened to Derek's interviews both after the United match and the prematch for the Rangers game, he makes it clear we need to move players out before signing anyone. Probably a case that no one moved out in time to make any moves i.e we are not in a position currently to bring anyone in. The MLS is in dispute with the franchises so their season could be delayed. Makes sense that the Hernandez deal is not going through as planned.

36 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

What yesterday’s revelations will have done is advertised the fact we are majorly skint, so expect cut price offers for Cosgrove and maybe Ferguson 

Surely every clubs finances aren't as sound as previously. And I include the guffy leagues in that, it's all relative. Managers and chairmen everywhere will know that. 

What it does, is say we're not bringing anyone in. Not the same as saying we're prepared to sell cheap, come and get them for peanuts.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I'm excited at the prospect of us shipping out Main.

Although i'd suggest if he's in the starting XI tomorrow, which he probably will be, then its BS.

Don’t think he’ll start.

Wright & Hedges in behind Cosgrove I think. 

I’d drive Main to Motherwell at my own expense.  Cart horse. Ridiculous signing from the outset, but 99% of us knew that. 

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

I wonder if we offered GMS something from the summer too? 

From what I heard he was offered a contract now but we wanted him to defer his wages until the summer like jonny hayes. He wasn’t keen on that and hearts were paying up from the start also his family live in Edinburgh and he had a house there. that was what swayed it 

38 minutes ago, thurso said:

From what I heard he was offered a contract now but we wanted him to defer his wages until the summer like jonny hayes. He wasn’t keen on that and hearts were paying up from the start also his family live in Edinburgh and he had a house there. that was what swayed it 

According to Scott Burns, Aberdeen were not in a position to offer him a deal this window (he posted that on Twitter last night).

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, thurso said:

There’s quite a lot of ‘his family’ live in Edinburgh 

Big community there.

He only goes to the clubs for the music though. Like myself

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Don’t think he’ll start.

Wright & Hedges in behind Cosgrove I think. 

I’d drive Main to Motherwell at my own expense.  Cart horse. Ridiculous signing from the outset, but 99% of us knew that. 

I'd be pleased to see Wright start but not convinced he will.

Be a massive belated Christmas present if Motherwell took Main back but given they apparently never even offered him a contract renewal 18 months ago, albeit now with a new manager, no chance of them being that daft twice.

The thought of us being stuck with him, Cosgrove, Anderson and maybe Edmundson for the rest of the season fills me with so much happiness.

Maybe Ethan Ross and Michael Ruth will return and give us a much needed boost, at the top end of the pitch

27 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Be a massive belated Christmas present if Motherwell took Main back but given they apparently never even offered him a contract renewal 18 months ago, albeit now with a new manager, no chance of them being that daft twice.

The thought of us being stuck with him, Cosgrove, Anderson and maybe Edmundson for the rest of the season fills me with so much happiness.

Maybe Ethan Ross and Michael Ruth will return and give us a much needed boost, at the top end of the pitch

I agree with the sarcasm about the shite we have up front.
2 cart horses & 1 striker who can’t be arsed by the looks of it. 
But.... Michael Ruth wasn’t getting a regular game at Arbroath. Doubt he’d bring anything.

I think we’ll just muddle through as we are, doing enough to shitehouse enough points to get 3rd, maybe 4th.