Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Theo who was absolutely outstanding in cup finals ? Sounds like more made up shite.

There were strong rumours regards Theo backing out of a game with Holland, I think vs the Germans, owing to nerves.  Not even sure if they were just rumours or if the Dutch camp had actually come out and said he refused to go out. 

It's possible he suffered from anxiety attacks, but that in no way makes him a bottler. I don't ever remember him not going for saves in case he got hurt or backing out of 50/50s. 

I think Michael Watt suffered from lack of confidence more than anything. He was an excellent shot stopper, but as I said above, Masonic refereeing saw Hateley get away with outrageous behaviour and Watt was never the same after THAT game. Sad really, because he could easily have succeeded Theo (I just remembered we signed Nicky fuckin Walker in the late-90's! *cringe*)

As for Theo, yes he backed out of the Netherlands Vs Germany game, but you'll rarely see a braver keeper. On his game, he was one of the best in Britain and easily a rival for fat man Goering (sorry, Goram).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Remember Snelders's debut in a 1-1 draw away to Dundee. He was a bag of nerves that day but soon established himself as a decent Don.

Also remember Leighton's debut a few years earlier. He was also a bag of nerves to start with.

McCoist smashed his cheek in a 0-0, game should never have started. Boofon's at it. Andy Dibble was on loan during the cheekbone thing, then Theo came back before injuring himself again, against Hibs(?). Dibble had fucked off and the Dons were left with that dweeb Watt in goals for the biggest sliding doors moment in sports history.

Aye, he def injured himself in that Hibs away. 

Think we won 4-2.

Went to that and every other game in the run in after the last minute win v hun at Pittodrie.

1st one doon in works van for a 2-0 midweek in Mwell.

Caught speeding few miles afore at dip into Stonehaven. Luckily nae clocked at the 110 I was deein doonhill there.

The rest of aways  were magic oot all Saturday trips. Like Hibs een.

Late winner 2-1 at Tannadice.

4-1 at Hearts Bobby Connor and crazy McKimmie rasper included.

That other late winner at St Mirren, Jim Bett, probably one of the best bounces ever leading to missing last train etc.

Can believe Snelders bottled it.

Sounds possible, but that Watt being clattered in first 5 mins at Satan's bowels brought the fear.

Fucking worst day of my life.

Aye, he def injured himself in that Hibs away. 

Think we won 4-2.

Went to that and every other game in the run in after the last minute win v hun at Pittodrie.

1st one doon in works van for a 2-0 midweek in Mwell.

Caught speeding few miles afore at dip into Stonehaven. Luckily nae clocked at the 110 I was deein doonhill there.

The rest of aways  were magic oot all Saturday trips. Like Hibs een.

Late winner 2-1 at Tannadice.

4-1 at Hearts Bobby Connor and crazy McKimmie rasper included.

That other late winner at St Mirren, Jim Bett, probably one of the best bounces ever leading to missing last train etc.

Can believe Snelders bottled it.

Sounds possible, but that Watt being clattered in first 5 mins at Satan's bowels brought the fear.

Fucking worst day of my life.

The bounce at the back of the Soother at the St Johnstone game (week before the decider) when it came through on the radio that Motherwell had went 3-0 up against the huns with a last minute goal  was mental ana.

Little did we know at the time that that 3rd goal for Motherwell effectively killed our challenge by making us only needing a draw to win the league and thus making Alex fucking Miller shit his pants the following week. Snivelling fucking cowardly fucking rat that he is.

Snelders was definitely fit for the decider.

The bounce at the back of the Soother at the St Johnstone game (week before the decider) when it came through on the radio that Motherwell had went 3-0 up against the huns with a last minute goal  was mental ana.

Aye, the feeling in the Pitt then up the toon that night was electric.

Fast forward one week later...  :clangers2:

The bounce at the back of the Soother

at the St Johnstone game (week before the decider)

when it came through on the radio that Motherwell had went 3-0 up against the huns with a last minute goal was mental ana.

Little did we know at the time that that 3rd goal for Motherwell effectively killed our challenge by making us only needing a draw to win the league and thus making Alex fucking Miller shit his pants the following week. Snivelling fucking cowardly fucking rat that he is.

Snelders was definitely fit for the decider.

Nae idea fit your beef is with Alex miller over us bottling the league in 91.

Aye it was a sickener. We'd been on a great run culminating in the last home gameto catch up and actually overtake them on goal difference. Pittodrie was bouncing when the news of the Huns result came through.

We were the form team and it was the wrong decision to change things at Ibrox and play for the draw.

Hateley should have been sent off. Mind plays tricks these days but I don't think he was even booked.

Aye it was a sickener. We'd been on a great run culminating in the last home gameto catch up and actually overtake them on goal difference. Pittodrie was bouncing when the news of the Huns result came through.

We were the form team and it was the wrong decision to change things at Ibrox and play for the draw.

Hateley should have been sent off. Mind plays tricks these days but I don't think he was even booked.

Aye poor refereeing as usual didn't help but the changes made really stopped our momentum

Different times . Our chaps flew into a few tackles that today would get a red card .

The one thing I remember is Peter Van de Venn having a one on one with Woods and fucking up with a stupid wee dink that Woods easily saved .

That was at 0-0 I think.

Yep, I can vaguely recall another chance missed at 0-0, can't remember who it was though.

Guest the shepherd

Yep, I can vaguely recall another chance missed at 0-0, can't remember who it was though.

It was Hans Gillhaus with a diving header at the back post that ended up in the Broomloan stand.

I was just too young to be all in for the Ibrox decider but I remember going to the Motherwell game when we got knocked out the cup (I want to see Steve Kirk scored with his first kick of the game coming off the bench? I can't even remember for sure there was a player called Steve Kirk) and as we were leaving someone I was with said that's the season over, out of the cups and 9 points behind in the league. That was back in the two points for a win days. But we were top of the league with less than an hour of the season left.

Listened to the Ibrox game on the radio but perhaps just as well I wasn't all in, would have been a traumatic event.

I was just too young to be all in for the Ibrox decider but I remember going to the Motherwell game when we got knocked out the cup (I want to see Steve Kirk scored with his first kick of the game coming off the bench? I can't even remember for sure there was a player called Steve Kirk) and as we were leaving someone I was with said that's the season over, out of the cups and 9 points behind in the league. That was back in the two points for a win days. But we were top of the league with less than an hour of the season left.

Listened to the Ibrox game on the radio but perhaps just as well I wasn't all in, would have been a traumatic event.

Be thankful you weren’t there. Can you imagine the epic bounce if would have been if we’d won the league there.

But as Dad would say - Ah no.

Can still dream it might happen one day.

You see what Hateley and other huns got away with back then, it actually blows my mind how corrupt it was. The game where Gascoigne did a zidane-esque butt on Inglis, elbowed McKimmie in the face then Ferguson did that forearm smash on Dodds yet none of them got booked IIRC.

Internet and social media has certainly changed things these days. Still corrupt, just not able to get away with it.

You see what Hateley and other huns got away with back then, it actually blows my mind how corrupt it was. The game where Gascoigne did a zidane-esque butt on Inglis, elbowed McKimmie in the face then Ferguson did that forearm smash on Dodds yet none of them got booked IIRC.

Internet and social media has certainly changed things these days. Still corrupt, just not able to get away with it.

They do get away with it though BHL, look at last year season with all the nonsense involving Morlelos getting his red cards rescinded, McGregor, kicking out at everyone with impunity at the start of the season.

another couple wins and mcinnes will be back in business

Considering all the injuries we have endured this season we are doing well to be sitting 1 point behind 3rd and 4 points ahead of 5th. Thats a 3-0 win against both Motherwell and Killie who are most likely our main competitors for third this season.

If the majority of players were available we would have never lost 5-0 to The Rangers (look at the makeshift side that day) and would have beaten Hearts in the cup.

Last season was frustrating because we had a similar injury crisis. Lewis, McKenna, Wilson, GMS, Logan, Devlin, Gleeson, the fiasco with Forrester, McGinn, McLennan, Ross, Hoban out for large parts of the season - it allowed Ferguson, McLennan and Campbell to get first team action but it also resulted in the signing of Greg Halford. I'd argue we'd have finished third and pushed The Rangers for 2nd had we had more players available. 

Look at Hearts this season. They have been plagued with injuries. Thats the real reason they are bottom of the table otherwise they'd be up there challenging ourselves for third and levein would still be in a job.

• Downvote 1

Steve Kirk did score. Sure they won it that year. It was a cracker of a goal if I remember right