Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Neither the club or the manager "let the circus get 6 weeks old".

McInnes said he doesnt comment on speculation, Milne said he's happy at the club and has said he's staying. McInnes then said Milne was right in EVERYTHING he said.

The newco were the ones feeding the press, contantly dripping info on 'their top target' to the red tops. They do it when they want a player to knock the price down and force the club with that player to sell at half market value, they tried it with McInnes and AFC.

Traynor fed the press, Traynor kept the rumour mill running. Not McInnes, not the club. McInnes could've said catagorically he didnt want the job, that could and probably would've been spun in the press to "Arrogant McInnes turns down the mighty Rangers without being asked, how presumptious of him". The same profesionalism most of our fans have praised him for since he's been here stops him from making such stupid comments.

King then announced at the AGM that they had all but signed up McInnes. That doesnt mean they had him or he had said he'd go. Thats nothing more than the rangers arrogance. They truly believe no one would ever knock them back, especially someone at another Scottish club.

They finally made their move, not offering money, not discussing compensation with AFC, just we want your manager and you'll let us speak to him - MIlne said do one.

He let McInnes know, McInnes said something along the lines of - Look boss, you know I'm a hun, they are a big club, I need to think about whether or not its somethign I want to do. Milne said OK. McInnes thought and decided fuck that I'm at a much better place now thats still on the up if the plans for a stadium and training ground come off than that shambles in Govan.

Rangers tried to play us and failed.

Good analysis

At Page 333. Said before McInnes was ex-AFC. My Opinion has not changed. He has brought our club into disrepute.

Go away.

Very pissed when i wrote that. Hands up, I went too far and retract. :beer:

From the start of this i could not find one remotely logical reason why he would want to join that mess ('he's a hun', didn't wash). However, my head was turned leading up to the double header and the consequent results. Not convinced the reason we lost was due to the 'turmoil' him and, by extension, the players were going through. He has previous for fucking up in big games. That can't be denied, surely.

It also worried me that if he had gone, the club would have backed down over the amount of compo we would have received but Milne put that to bed on Tuesday.

He still has a helluva lot to prove; tactically, substitution decisions, bottle. We have not looked good this year and our league position merely underlines the 'strength' of the SPFL. I hope he is given money to spend...and doesn't waste it. Very happy with the win last night. I support AFC, not staff members and that will never change. Staff are transient, the club will always remain. :scarf:

Watched everything unfold without addin my tuppance worth.

I trusted Derek before and probably trust him more after knocking back the filth, can't believe the shit he's taking. The man should be applauded for sticking with the good guys. I really hope all the doubters are eating their words come may.

Onwards and upwards COYR

• Upvote 1

I’ve met and spoken with enough players over the years to know that many (by no means all, but many) end up identifying more closely with the teams they played for than with whoever they grew up supporting. I imagine this is true of managers/coaches too. So when he states that he *was* a fan then his use of tenses is instructive.

Personally I thought he came across really well in the interview.

Ive met and spoken with enough players over the years to know that many (by no means all, but many) end up identifying more closely with the teams they played for than with whoever they grew up supporting. I imagine this is true of managers/coaches too. So when he states that he *was* a fan then his use of tenses is instructive.

Personally I thought he came across really well in the interview.

Was that a post match one or something different?

Mcinnes has made it clear he was not prepared to "rip up his contract and resign".

The only grounds Milne had to deny Rangers approach was if they failed to meet the financial requirements of the contract buy out.

Mcinnes has thought through the wisdom of resigning and decided to stay.....sensible decision.

Guest milne_afc

McInnes should have to earn forgiveness. Dons supporters coming over a bit desperate and needy. Milne more deserving of praise than the manager. Still plenty to be critical of.

Last night: something along the lines of “I hold Rangers in high regard. I was a supporter, I played for the club and I can’t deny that”

"I can't deny that" sounds quite like he is apologising to Aberdeen for his past connections with Rangers.

And if that is the case I fully accept his apology, that coupled with the heartwarming sight of him running towards our end last night, punching the air and everyone singing his name to the tune of The White Stripes "Seven Nation Army" is good enough for me. COYR.

• Upvote 1

McInnes should have to earn forgiveness. Dons supporters coming over a bit desperate and needy. Milne more deserving of praise than the manager. Still plenty to be critical of.

As long as we get back to winning ways that is enough. That is 'earning forgiveness' because other than having the team playing pish he's done nothing else wrong

End of the day, all he's done off the pitch is consider his future & a potential higher paying job close to home. Regardless of who it was with etc. the simple fact is he decided on staying with us over them.

Results & getting back above what ever team is above us is all that matters now.

A bit off thread but....Why was it when Derek McInnes turned down Sunderland, we heard sound bites like "Rarely do we see such loyalty in Football" and "Credit to the man for not jumping at the first sign on a wage increase" But now it's because he is a bottle merchant etc etc.

Because Sevco are trying to make out they were a bigger attraction than Sunderland & are in denial that they really weren't

Because Sevco are trying to make out they were a bigger attraction than Sunderland & are in denial that they really weren't

They can't be, Coleman turned them down and now manages Sunderland.

McInnes turned down both.

So Aberdeen>Sunderland>Sevco is the correct formula here.

• Upvote 6