Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

There have been plenty of occasions this season where other domestic teams have had a proper go at the two big Glasgow clubs and had success in either gaining one or three points from them. Hibs have done it on three occasions (should have been four times they were so unlucky to lose at home to the huns). Killie have managed it three times. St Johnstone, Hearts and Motherwell twice apiece. In fact the only two teams in the SPFL who have failed to take points off the ugly sisters this season are rock bottom Ross County and ourselves.For some reason we seem totally unable to worry them whatsoever we constantly stand off and admire both of them despite us supposedly bring the best of the rest. It's baffling and completely fucks me off as we should be the hardest test for them outside of each other but at the moment we are clearly one of the easiest guaranteed 3 points fixtures for the both of them.

We sit third in the table yet have played the two ugly sisters 5 times in total this season and have suffered 5 routine defeats with an aggregate scoreline of 1-13. We haven't even scored a goal from open play against them (or against 11 men) in any of those 5 games! I think both of them definitely raise their game mentally when they play us but that's no excuse for our appalling record against them. It seems the rest of the league can take points from them but we can't even get fucking close.

Who is responsible for it? no one is taking responsibility for these displays. Is it the Chairman, the manager, the players, all of them? Its so bloody frustrating. We hammer Hibs, play them off the park and yet come to play either of the cheeks and we capitulate. We mess around with team selctions, fuck up tactics, play 6 defenders and stand off and let them drive at us. Its the fans i feel sorry for, because everytime we are led up the garden path, believing we can actually win whe really theres isn't an iota of a chance. We go into these games with belief because the team plays well against every other team. Yet all we do is keep churning out the line " we go again the day after the debacle and we seem to do just that.

As you say, we have played 5 games, lost them all convincingly and shipped 13 goals in the process. To be honest, i can almost accept the defeats against Celtic, but not the shite performances and as for performances and results against Sevco? fuck no, they are so far from acceptable. Christ, we have made them look immense when we have played them every time this season and its because we show them too much bloody respect. Dundee, Killie, Hibs have all showed that Sevco can be beaten, so why cant we even have a go? We look scared, shellshocked and pathetic in these games. Its not acceptable.

The thing I dont understand, is that beating Rangers and finishing at least second to Celtic is the only option Derek has. He knows that for all the plaudits so far, he will always be remembered for doing it when rangers were out of the league. Any legacy, a true legacy, wholly depends on him showing that success can e maintained with the hun in the league. He should be busting a gut, and ensuring his players do too, to beat the hun.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm just hoping someone comes in for McInnes in the summer or even during the second half of this season.

We need a fresh pair of eyes evaluating these players and they need to be dragged out of their comfort zone kicking and screaming

I got a bad feeling watching the messing about, lads holiday and losing in Dubai, as well as the constant night out photos in Aberdeen. Compared to the professionalism and basically Jonny Hayes last season.

We're so far away from the Europa group stages. The current crop are miles away, and signing 7 new players, 4 of them shite, in June without time to bed in, will result in the same again.

Going backwards.

I got a bad feeling watching the messing about, lads holiday and losing in Dubai, as well as the constant night out photos in Aberdeen. Compared to the professionalism and basically Jonny Hayes last season.

We're so far away from the Europa group stages. The current crop are miles away, and signing 7 new players, 4 of them shite, in June without time to bed in, will result in the same again.

Going backwards.

I dont think we are necessarily going backwards, but we certainly aren't progressing.

I think while Sevco were working their way up the leagues, it was almost accepted by most fans that finishing second was as good as can be expected and that as long as we did beat everyone outside of Celtic, we wouldn't complain too much.

However, with Sevco, Hearts and Hibs all now in the top flight, the expectation has rightly increased. Not many fans are going to sit on their hands while we turn in shite performances against Sevco, like we did the other night. As good as these last few seasons have been, they are now in the past. We are in the present and while things are okay just now, they are far from great. That performance against them really put the shitters up me, because i fear that the club as a whole is scared of the two cheeks and is willing to remain behind them, thinking the fans will be okay with it.

Being behind Celtic is fine, money talks, the performances against them however are not and as for the performances and results against Sevco, they are completely unacceptable and McInnes needs to change that. He has been resting on his laurels for far too long and has had it very easy up until now, so he either needs to change his approach in these 'big' games, or he will very quickly fall from grace.

• Upvote 3

Is this all Mcinnes is good for. Devlin another walking wounded signing like may. He must be getting backhanders from Milne for not asking for big money. The Nigerian loanee who he went for by the time he gets a visa it will be end of season and heading back to Manchester. McGinn still recovering from nerves after being close to North Korea. Considene Rooney finished. Stewart. Christie not putting out. Oconner a fkng nightmare. Sevco 3 times winners and probably 5. If Aberdeen get them in the cup and qualify for top 6. Who runs this fkng club. Time to dump Milne and Mcinnes the brothers in arms.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

McInnes's days are numbered at Aberdeen.

The carry on with the two managerial job offers in 6 months have sown the seeds of doubt within the walls of Pittodrie.

Things aren't what they used to be.

The worm has turned and rumblings of fan discontent are growing.

Barring any other job offers he's got 12-18 months left here then he's gone.

I reckon he will go in the summer of his own accord. I personally dont want him to, i want him to turn this around and get the team playing like they want to win the league and the cups, and not just settle for beating lesser opposition.

I like the man and he deserves credit for turning down 2 teams he would have been very tempted by. For that he deserves time, but my own patience is wearing thin.

If these performances against the cheeks continue, then whats the point in us bothering turning up. The days of those two ruling game should be over, but its making its way back with inept performances and showing them unwarranted respect.

The carry on with the two managerial job offers in 6 months have sown the seeds of doubt within the walls of Pittodrie.

Hysterical nonsense.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Kingsford and the Huns thing have shown he's bullet proof with our board.

Is this ITK info or just supposition?

Following on from a discussion on the Kilmarnock thread @@Millertime I've had a brief look at the records of Dons managers against the Old Firm.

Only went back as far as Eddie Turnbull.

Now you can decipher these any way you want. Win percentage, winning in Glasgow, winning in big games, or the sheer amount of goals conceded (Ebbe Skovdahl). But I'll leave these here.

Have split them into three. Home record (W D L), away record, and neutral.

Eddie Turnbull

W D L

Home: 3 6 8

Away: 5 1 11

Neutral: 1 2 4

Jimmy Bonthrone

2 7 5

2 4 8

0 0 1

Ally McLeod

4 2 1

1 2 5