Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

4 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye, I'm just pulling his pisser. For all Rooney's faults I would still back him to score some of the chances Main has passed up recently, and I think Rooney is finished as a prem class striker.

Aye. Never really came back from that injury he had in the year we were chasing Deila's Celtic. Lost whatever mobility he had and he could ill afford it. 

Losing his supply in Hayes and McGinn that 2017 summer put the seal on it really. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Never really came back from that injury he had in the year we were chasing Deila's Celtic. Lost whatever mobility he had and he could ill afford it. 

Losing his supply in Hayes and McGinn that 2017 summer put the seal on it really. 

Yet McInnes thought he could do a job on the left wing ?

2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Aye, I would fancy Rooney to bag goals in our current set up. Pity our manager and @DelMonte didn't ?

Rooney was slow but he had intelligence to know where to be at the right time.

I’d probably take Rooney over Main to be fair which is really saying something.

Main is like Rooney without the tap in and penalties :laughing:

Highly unlikely he'll get a new contract from DC unless we win the Scottish Cup or finish 2nd this season and I can't see him being happy with his contract running down till it expires (it doesn't really make sense for the club to allow that to happen either as we need to work a window or two in advance).

We might not have to suffer for another 18months if they can sort out a mutual agreement in the summer or this time next year.

It would be better for everyone if he fucked off in the summer to stop the apathy especially if we get crowds back for the start of next season. 

The amount of moaning that goes on this forum is unbelievable.  You would think the Dons were on the brink of relegation. While the recent play has not been pretty... still 3rd with games in hand  to hibs and riding a 6 game legaue unbeaten streak. Just 3 league losses to-date despite significant injuries to forwards than midfield and lately defenders.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
1 hour ago, Donscanada said:

The amount of moaning that goes on this forum is unbelievable.  You would think the Dons were on the brink of relegation. While the recent play has not been pretty... still 3rd with games in hand  to hibs and riding a 6 game legaue unbeaten streak. Just 3 league losses to-date despite significant injuries to forwards than midfield and lately defenders.

I wouldn’t get too excited about the 2 games in hand.   At the most 1 point.  

• Dildo 1
7 hours ago, Donscanada said:

All that proves is how crap the SPFL is.

2 hours ago, alscotoz said:

All that proves is how crap the SPFL is.

Your point is well taken  As an outsider to spfl as a canadian-born fan - I am shocked with the lack of consistency with refereeing and quality of some of the pitches. In terms of quality of play, i would say 2 clubs are lower to mid epl quality, 2 would be english championship and the rest being league 1 or 2.

On 1/3/2021 at 1:03 AM, NEM said:

Spot on 

Hayes put one cracking cross in the first half that the geordie bouncer just had to throw himself at. He’s got zero strikers instinct 

He actually moved his head away from it never mind throw himself at it. Embarrassing performance from him, he looked as if he'd spent most of the holidays on the drink. Looked Overweight and his off the ball movement was pathetic as well.

He's not a Geordie either. He's from South Shields, that's closer to Sunderland.

12 hours ago, Donscanada said:

Is the last 3 years classed as recent now?

It's been shite (with a couple of brief flurries of entertainment in December 18 and September 20) since the cup final of 2017.

If they called the league this week, I don't think I would miss the football, it's boring as fuck.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Donscanada said:

Your point is well taken  As an outsider to spfl as a canadian-born fan - I am shocked with the lack of consistency with refereeing and quality of some of the pitches. In terms of quality of play, i would say 2 clubs are lower to mid epl quality, 2 would be english championship and the rest being league 1 or 2.

You should have seen them 30 odd years ago (quality of pitches and the refs)

You are also over-estimating just how good English football is. Remember that less than 3 years ago Burnley, who you would now consider an established EPL club, couldn't beat us over 180 minutes. And we had the likes of Dom Ball and Stephen Gleeson playing for us. It's probably true that only sevco and Celtic would be in the EPL but given access to the funds in that league, I'd expect both to be top 8 -10 fairly quickly with the potential to go top 4-6 eventually. Ourselves, Hearts and Hibs would all comfortably sit in the Championship and I'd think we could be promotion candidates with the right manager.

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Me

We got off to a great start today, doing exactly what all of the mourinhos on here were wanting us to do

Cosgrove misses a sitter, we give away a shite penalty, game over 

We were shite for 15 minutes before the penalty MT. That mob had 75% possession.

His record speaks volumes. No win at home against that lot since the Maddison free kick. Unacceptable 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

They shouldn't be the barometer

We have lost 4 league games all season, 3 of them to "rangers ", who pay between 3 and 7m for players and give out 20k plus per week contracts 

You were defending his record against them the other day. Not winning at home against any team in over 4 is pish, MT. You can't defend that. Embarrassing 

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The Glasgow 2 dont Count 

We are the 3rd best team int he league,  which means they never ever rest players or take their eye off the ball

We shouldn't be doing any better against them than we are

this attitude surprises me, MT.

We haven't showed we're third best the last 2 seasons...

25 minutes ago, Millertime said:

They shouldn't be the barometer

We have lost 4 league games all season, 3 of them to "rangers ", who pay between 3 and 7m for players and give out 20k plus per week contracts 

In addition.. I believe they are on record as saying it cost 65 million pounds to build this squad.  Anyone putting the blame on mcinnes today should stand in the corner and have a time out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Donscanada said:

In addition.. I believe they are on record as saying it cost 65 million pounds to build this squad.  Anyone putting the blame on mcinnes today should stand in the corner and have a time out. 

Who else put our most creative player at right back while our second most expensive player ever (who also happens to be a right back) was lying on the beach?

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Far too much beauts desperate to point the finger at DM today, 

I actually think his times up, as his record against the Huns and Celtic is crap, but he was more positive today than I’ve seen us against them, under him

kept two ‘strikers’ on after going down to 10.

His tactics were bizarre. All very well playing 2 strikers from the start (and not changing things immediately after the red card)

But what the fuck is the point of having 2 strikers if you then play your most creative (but also most one footed) player at right wing back....when he is left footed? He shouldn't be giving away penalties, he should be winning them. 

As it happens. we ended up giving our best performance against them since the Cup win at their shithole. But I think it's the players.....Hayes in particular.....who can be congratulated for that, refusing to give up the game when all the evidence pointed to a potential 4 or 5 goal horsing