Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

25 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Surely not Glass? I find that hard to believe. 

It's just not credible to appoint him. 

I said it would be him months ago

We are the lapdogs of a club based 4000 miles away that are even younger than sevco.

I certainly didn't envisage McInnes as DOF though. It's now got me thinking are Atlanta planning on bringing him in a couple of years down the line as their DOF so long as he doesn't make a total cunt of it with us.

Ach........it just canna be true

It's a load of nonsense. Every time we get scunnered with McInnes someone brings up Stephen Glass because he used to play for us and he works for Atlanta. 

He'll be seeing out his contract here, of that we can be sure. 

9 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

Interesting WhatsApp doing the rounds tonight about the future of mcinnes...

9 hours ago, pocrawred said:

I just received it a few mins ago. His alleged successor isnt inspirational tho....

This is it i assume?

Might not have to put up with DM for too much longer, our man on the inside tells us that DC is seriously unhappy with DM on a few issues;
1. Recent performances not so much the results and the almost accepting nature of mediocre performance from the management team. Quote was the next 4 games will determine how quickly (not if) DC will act.
2. DC has recently found out that DM has been touted for vacant positions in England. So looks like DM is looking for an exit strategy anyway.
3. DC is unhappy at the lack of opportunities for our youth players to get a chance, while we stick with DM’s average signings.
This is the reason for suddenly no funds being available in Jan to bring anyone in when DM had in recent weeks been speaking about bringing in a game changer?
Again according to our man in the know, Stephen Glass will be DM’s replacement as head coach with an experienced individual in as director of football..

How much of that makes sense?

Fuck knows.

Nae impressed wi' the alleged Stephen Glass idea though.

And...which hatter is the man on the inside? ?

@Dad get yer book out and start compiling the odds min.

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You’re wasting your breath anyway.

He ain’t going anywhere. 

As soon as it's decided that we are going to run down his contract then his position becomes untenable.

We'd need to use gardening leave or moving upstairs to cover some of the time.

Knowing AFC we'll extend his contract by a year sometime between July and November which will be the crunch time

40 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

This is it i assume?

Might not have to put up with DM for too much longer, our man on the inside tells us that DC is seriously unhappy with DM on a few issues;
1. Recent performances not so much the results and the almost accepting nature of mediocre performance from the management team. Quote was the next 4 games will determine how quickly (not if) DC will act.
2. DC has recently found out that DM has been touted for vacant positions in England. So looks like DM is looking for an exit strategy anyway.
3. DC is unhappy at the lack of opportunities for our youth players to get a chance, while we stick with DM’s average signings.
This is the reason for suddenly no funds being available in Jan to bring anyone in when DM had in recent weeks been speaking about bringing in a game changer?
Again according to our man in the know, Stephen Glass will be DM’s replacement as head coach with an experienced individual in as director of football..

How much of that makes sense?

Fuck knows.

Nae impressed wi' the alleged Stephen Glass idea though.

And...which hatter is the man on the inside? ?

@Dad get yer book out and start compiling the odds min.

Thanks for sharing.

OUR man on the inside!!! Is this the “50” club? Or the Tufty club?

If DC ain’t happy with DM, then he would act, and fire the cunt. You don’t just “neutralise” him by deny him funds, you replace him NOW.

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If DC ain’t happy with DM, then he would act, and fire the cunt. You don’t just “neutralise” him by deny him funds, you replace him NOW.

I don't agree. The exact thing you'd do right now if you wanted to get rid of McInnes would be not allow him to sign anybody and commit the club to contracts of a player longneck-term right now, and let him see out the season, rather than destabilise us at present and risk is falling down the league and out of the European spots. Then a change at the natural break point in the summer. 

That all makes sense to me. Whether it's true or not, who knows? 

It is strange how we've gone in a matter of days from trying to sign players (and McInnes being open about that) to saying we'll be signing no one and recalling players we had put on loan. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't agree. The exact thing you'd do right now if you wanted to get rid of McInnes would be not allow him to sign anybody and commit the club to contracts of a player longneck-term right now, and let him see out the season, rather than destabilise us at present and risk is falling down the league and out of the European spots. Then a change at the natural break point in the summer. 

That all makes sense to me. Whether it's true or not, who knows? 

It is strange how we've gone in a matter of days from trying to sign players (and McInnes being open about that) to saying we'll be signing no one and recalling players we had put on loan. 

It's probably because he's been backed fairly well. 3rd biggest budget in the league should deliver third, it hasn't the last 2 seasons though. 

The mistake was extending his contract last season, before we knew how we'd do. We got knocked out the league cup early and bent over to Celtic in the Scottish Cup Semi. This season, we've exited the league cup early as well, and barring a miracle we'll never win the Scottish Cup. 

Cormack though did state quite clearly at the AGM that he was pleased with Derek due to the level of income he brings in by guaranteeing the club a top 3/4 finish every season. That's how Cormacks brain will work, as did Milne's. 3rd place is deemed an achievement, and if we win a cup it's great but not on the list of "must do" things for the season. 

It is what it is. Ultimately, I don't think it will end in anything other than Derek getting a new contract.  

Fair play whether we like it or not consistent 3-4 is an achievement.

unlike Milne and his team of yes men though I just get the impression Cormack has asked the question what could we do, not what’s the most you ever see us doing.

FWIW I think the answer to both is third.  You can be just third or a handsome plucky third.  You’re still third.  But it’s a hell of a lot easier to carry the fans with the latter.  Cormack I’m guessing is as disappointed as we all are with our recent AC record, especially at home.  But I’ll bet (hope) he’s fizzing at Hamilton, at Motherwell, at Hedges at Right Back etc etc

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Still think a journo of any substance would have asked DM the question after yesterday’s game “Hemmin Deeks, why no new signings in Jan? Last week you said there would be?”

I still think there will be 1 or 2.

A bluff to cover for the fact we got 'outbid' for Brophy and GMS.

45 minutes ago, Dad said:

But we look SHITE Consi son - cannae mind the last time I didnae fall asleep watching us thus far this season (and much of last whilst it lasted. And much of the one before).

If Diamond Dave has any desire to watch entertainment as well as the 'success' of 4th (we havenae even bagged 3rd last couple for the love of fuck), he'll be wanting him awa; a new contract would be fucking insane.

I know Dad, it's brutal. I agree, we are absolutely minging to watch and have been since 2017 cup final. 

I think many at the club think the fans are asking for too much. I totally disagree. Most of us accept we can't finish 1st, or 2nd. What we should be doing is consolidating 3rd, and entertaining our support along the way. Otherwise, what's the point? We're playing in a league we know we'll never win, so why not make it imperative that good football is played? 

We should also be better against the Old Firm in one off games, and ideally, the best of the rest in this regard as well. 18 points from 103 available against the two of them tells its own story, behind Kilmarnock and Hibs, having played against them more often than both those sides. 

The most notable failures of McInnes' tenure are; 

Failure to qualify for Europe 

Failure to add to the one cup from his first season

Failure to maintain a standard that he himself set, by making us enjoyable to watch and giving us hope we might win something. That 16/17 season we hit 7 goals in two games. Virtually unheard of for teams that aren't the Old Firm. 

For all the groundwork McInnes put in from 2013-2017, it does seem like the tide is turning back to apathy and frustration. 

If we're not going to qualify for Europe, or win anything, at least try and entertain us, is what I say. 

He'll get a contract should he finish 3rd or 4th. If we somehow failed to qualify for Europe he might go then. Even in that case though, he's got enough credit in the bank for that not to happen. 

He's stuck with us, and we're stuck with him. It's going to end really ugly, as we can all imagine. Which is a shame, considering how much he's done for the club, which shouldn't be forgotten. 

9 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Would be a shite time for a new manager to come TBF. You want him to create a buzz, put wins together, crowds up at home and a rowdy away support.

would be totally flat just now. Football is pish

We just need to get this season over with as quickly as possible.

There will be no fans in (or if there is it's another 300 or 1000 attendance).

Hopefully just get third and hopefully we've a better chance of getting to games in august.

If we thought last year was bad financially, this year is going to be even worse. 

How are you going to convince fans to fork out for another season ticket, when there's no guarantee of getting to games, AND this season it would have worked out much less to just pay for games on an individual basis? This would be my main concern if I was Cormack, and central to the whole thing is the team, the results and the style of play. McInnes has had long enough, and enough money over a number of seasons yet it's just not working out. The fans can see it, and apathy has set in. There's nothing to look forward to just now, at least if the DOns were playing attacking football and scoring goals that would be something. McInnes and the team owe it to the supporters.

I don't have a problem if McInnes has been touting himself down south, that's fine, he'll have been here eight years in April, a ridiculously long time in today's game. A change would probably benefit both.

12 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Weegie press right up his arse, never give him a hard time

Tyrone and Gallaway aren’t, they’re just feert of him

Point being, other than Richard Gordon, the BBC won’t have picked up on this 180 degree by Cormack, so it’s up to the local boys to do so, albeit Tyrone works for the BBC

The fecking BBC are so infatuated by 101AR and Sevco stopping it that they’ve missed a major story regarding one of its bigger clubs. Cormack will have known since early December, when this new strain of Covid swept in, that there is ZERO chance of crowds this season, BUT still told Derek to plan for “squad adjustments “ in January. Now, he’s not. What’s happened?