Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

11 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Far too much beauts desperate to point the finger at DM today, 

I actually think his times up, as his record against the Huns and Celtic is crap, but he was more positive today than I’ve seen us against them, under him

kept two ‘strikers’ on after going down to 10.

The first 15 minutes were passable. 

The Hedges situation comes about because we start to sit off and we get bamboozled by their interchanging. It's how they play, we have no idea how to deal with it. 

Granted, most coaches/sides struggle. Most coaches in this league tho earn a fraction of what that man Derek earns. 

It's frustrating as all fuck. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

We lost by one goal, playing with 10 men for 65 mins and with more than one passenger in the first team

I would say we handled it fine

It's not the point. The red card comes from a reversion to sitting off and giving them time to pass between our lines. Couple that with a forward playing essentially Right Back, it causes a penalty and a red card. It's criminal. 

Obviously, once the game goes uneven in terms of men on the pitch, it's incredibly difficult. Still though, we shouldn't just accept it was unlucky or whatever. The first 15 minutes is what we should see every game. Going after teams, setting the tempo, "asking the question" as McInnes loves to say. 

The next 75, 10 men or not, was entirely predictable and embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

We were closing them down non stop and took a breather; thats normal, you can't do that for 90 mins otherwise why would everyone not do it all the time

You don't take a breather 15 mins in. The players aren't tactically astute, and neither is the manager. 

Obviously you can't go for 90 mins but when you do sit off, which we did, we looked unorganised, amateurish and scared. 

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

We were shite for 15 minutes before the penalty MT. That mob had 75% possession.

His record speaks volumes. No win at home against that lot since the Maddison free kick. Unacceptable 

I'm afraid it's very acceptable for the manager, coaching staff, chairman.press, and happy clapping fans, 

McInnes would actually be a pretty decent DOF. More suited to that than actually managing/inspiring a team.

Wise choice to get him away from managers job without a big fuss.

Rumoured replacement his a complete joke though. That must have been McInnes first call/suggestion as DOF to make him look like a better manager ?

Don't want Stephen Glass, especially if it means more of this Atlanta linking pish.

Has this link up even done us any good by the way? I'm not convinced so far.

Don't want us to end up like Hearts back in the mid 2000s with Mad Vlad and his multiple dodgy loans from that Lithuania team.

Gallacher was rank rotten and Hernandez hardly set the world alight did he (it's obvious they had something to do with that transfer).

Keep the yanks away unless they're willing to pump loads of money into the transfer kitty.

15 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Don't want Stephen Glass, especially if it means more of this Atlanta linking pish.

Has this link up even done us any good by the way? I'm not convinced so far.

Don't want us to end up like Hearts back in the mid 2000s with Mad Vlad and his multiple dodgy loans from that Lithuania team.

Gallacher was rank rotten and Hernandez hardly set the world alight did he (it's obvious they had something to do with that transfer).

Keep the yanks away unless they're willing to pump loads of money into the transfer kitty.

And we don’t want to be treated like some sort of subservient wee lackie, used as a testing ground for their employees to gain experience (Stephen Glass).