Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

35 minutes ago, Kincardine_Mearns_Red said:

Funny wee team right enough. Seems to be a dumping ground or nursery for the Ugly Sisters. Hopefully they stay down as they bring very little to the top flight.

Good team under Clarke.

Always hated them at Pittodrie under Williamson, so fucking negative and no away support. Dire

I think Killie fans will be pleased with the appointment McInnes certainly had the Indian sign over them when he was Dons manager. No matter who the manager is they will never play pretty football on that pitch and with the predicament they are currently in results on the park will take precedence over style. 

With a bit of luck he will come in for the likes of McGinn and Kennedy this month.

“Details of Derek’s backroom staff will be announced in due course.

Coaches Paul Stephenson and Alan Maybury have left Killie and everyone at the club wishes to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best for the future.”

Wonder if he’ll take Peanut (as well as Doc) in as part of his back room team? Or Robson?

Or maybe the Doc isn’t part of his proposed new setup?

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Looking forward to this thread being replied to every single week alongside everyone on afc chats other favourite thread - the thread with about 1 million replies just talking about rangers. 

i wish him luck. Did he ever lose at rugby park with us?

Could just merge this with the inferior clubs thread now. 

Or where are they now? 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Yep just ignorance and the hatred of all things “weegie” even though Ayrshire isn’t Glasgow, said by fans never leaving there wee village or homestead or have never ever been out the city,as you said Kilmarnock is very much a Kilmarnock fc loving town unlike the hun ayr area

Come awa! Ayrshire is a hotbed of hunnery min.

26 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Come awa! Ayrshire is a hotbed of hunnery min.

I agree in certain areas!, ayr, kilbirnie and Kilwinning, the rest is really pretty mixed between the 2 arsehole clubs from Glasgow, the rest everycunt else, plus massive junior fitba following, probably bigger than any other part of Scotland hence why the Ayrshire junior teams do so well in the early rounds of the Scottish cup every year.

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Boyd, Lafferty, Broadfoot, McCulloch, Hodson to name just a few off the top of my head in recent years. 

Aye. That confirms it all then. A few ex rangers players and it’s a rangers orientated town. 

i love how so many on here talk of their hatred of all things ‘weegie’, yet seem to know so much about it. 

lolz

for what it’s worth…of the several people I know from Kilmarnock, 1 is a selling fan…the rest? Kilmarnock fans

I think it’s a good move for him and wish him well.

I liked McInnes. We were good for him and vice versa he was good for us. 
I agreed that it was the right timing to part ways early last year, just felt that it had gone stale, and frankly that can happen in many walks of life, not just fitba’. There were a whole host of likely reasons all contributing, but a new board and direction, covid and all that brought, together with a close bereavement in 2020 were all factors I’d say.

I do think he holds the club in high regard, although I didn’t go along with the comment that he loved the club more than any supporter.

I hope he does well, although I’d prefer to see Arbroath and Caley promoted this season, he can come up next season at the expense of St Mirren and Livingston.

Ive no real feeling for Killie other than they used to be a horrific bogey team about 20 years back, and then latterly we struggle to lose to them esp down there, no matter how shite we play. Handy when a couple of mates are Killie fans. Good lads.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Aye. That confirms it all then. A few ex rangers players and it’s a rangers orientated town. 

i love how so many on here talk of their hatred of all things ‘weegie’, yet seem to know so much about it. 

lolz

for what it’s worth…of the several people I know from Kilmarnock, 1 is a selling fan…the rest? Kilmarnock fans

I don't hate weegies. 

9 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

I think it’s a good move for him and wish him well.

I liked McInnes. We were good for him and vice versa he was good for us. 
I agreed that it was the right timing to part ways early last year, just felt that it had gone stale, and frankly that can happen in many walks of life, not just fitba’. There were a whole host of likely reasons all contributing, but a new board and direction, covid and all that brought, together with a close bereavement in 2020 were all factors I’d say.

I do think he holds the club in high regard, although I didn’t go along with the comment that he loved the club more than any supporter.

I hope he does well, although I’d prefer to see Arbroath and Caley promoted this season, he can come up next season at the expense of St Mirren and Livingston.

Ive no real feeling for Killie other than they used to be a horrific bogey team about 20 years back, and then latterly we struggle to lose to them esp down there, no matter how shite we play. Handy when a couple of mates are Killie fans. Good lads.

Spot on min

Well if him getting the job at Kilmarnock can put a stop to this thread and stop the constant where’s he going to go he’s crap/he’s great chat. 

Good luck to him, if we drew Kilmarnock in the cup I definitely would t give him a hard time and would probably give him a cheer for all he did for us if I was at the game 

Move his chat into the where is he now thread 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well if him getting the job at Kilmarnock can put a stop to this thread and stop the constant where’s he going to go he’s crap/he’s great chat. 

Good luck to him, if we drew Kilmarnock in the cup I definitely would t give him a hard time and would probably give him a cheer for all he did for us if I was at the game 

Move his chat into the where is he now thread 

Spot on.