Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not quite true, at least officially.

Dempster announced she was leaving Hibs in late 2020 and officially left in the first week of Jan 2021. Although rumours of her exit had been circulating for at least a year before making it official. She didn't get on with Ron Gordon and wasn't particularly careful about who she let know about their poor relationship

She then joined QP a week after leaving Hibs. Of course she would have been in negotiations to take this job for months previous but I don't think Hibs would have tolerated the affront to their reputation if they had let her join straight from them so she had to be seen to leave Hibs first.

Sounds like she handed in her notice after accepting the job at Queens Park? 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Did they not get a director of football or something from a Premier league team in Holland or Belgium or somewhere like that?

Doubt he is on peanuts 

Marijn Breuker or something from AZ Alkmaar. He'd been there for years as a sport development director. Agree he won't be on peanuts

McInnes is done. The reality is no one really wants him. It says it all about the Aberdeen job being a poisoned chalice since Ferguson left. I find it absolutely amazing at how many have given up. They need to learn to keep the burning desire to succeed alight or they will simmer out. McInnes definitely gave up and nearly everyone in the country seen that happening. Any manager who says to their chairman…if you get fed up with me then just tell me (along those lines) deserves no future in football.

36 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is he even looking for work just now? 

I'm assuming the money we gave him plus his pundit money must be keeping him happy. He's never off the TV. 

Aye he’s basically got a season ticket for his beloved huns for fuck all

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. Would he have the patience for a couple of promotions though?  Might take a few seasons. 

Probably not but with each promotion it would give him the chance to lift his skirt for other clubs a couple of time before being found out for the average manager he is in top flight 

Short term he'll get paid more at Killie although not by a massive amount. Despite their current position, I still think they're favourites to go up, much as I'd love to see Arbroath get promoted I think that their part-time status will take it's toll as the season enters it's later stages. I do think that Killie would just about accept not going up this season though provided they make the play-offs and don't get embarrassed in them.

The problem McInnes would face is keeping a promoted Killie up. Under normal circumstances they're the 6th best funded club in Scotland but who knows what toll the covid situation plus relegation has taken on them. What is certain is that if McInnes got them relegated again, it's curtains for his career. 

3 minutes ago, super_al said:

I think the job would be attractive to Del because Killie would give him so much control to run things. He will have realized that the big clubs are moving towards a head coach model and perhaps moving to Killie gives him one last opportunity to build something.

Dave will be on the blower congratulating him and given him first refusal on Kennedy, McGinn, McGeouch and McLennan. 

1 hour ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Would expect him to go straight for older ex players advancing in years on loans/frees.

Could see players like Cosgrove, McGinn, Hayes, Logan, Shinnie or Taylor to be playing in a Killie shirt in the next 2 year I bet. Especially if they do go up.

Lafferty just released as well, he'd be a stick on if McInnes took the gig.