Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

McInnes does not take criticism well.He takes it personally.Kari Arnason spoke up to him and hardly played again.                              Kari Arnason praises Kenny McLean as being an outstanding player 'possibly the best midfielder in the league' but the Aberdeen playing style under utilized Kenny McLean and passed him by.                                                It was an excellent listen.Kari enjoyed his time in Aberdeen and his first son was born in the city and is a place close to his heart.His goal at Tannadice is a special memory.He says he always had a great shot  even from a young boy,but it always flew over the bar ! That day at Tannadice  he hit it just perfect.

7 hours ago, graham said:

McInnes does not take criticism well.He takes it personally.Kari Arnason spoke up to him and hardly played again.                              Kari Arnason praises Kenny McLean as being an outstanding player 'possibly the best midfielder in the league' but the Aberdeen playing style under utilized Kenny McLean and passed him by.                                                It was an excellent listen.Kari enjoyed his time in Aberdeen and his first son was born in the city and is a place close to his heart.His goal at Tannadice is a special memory.He says he always had a great shot  even from a young boy,but it always flew over the bar ! That day at Tannadice  he hit it just perfect.

If it always flew over the bar, then he didn't have a great shot

19 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, lump it in the general area of Cosgrove & play off second balls was the jist of it.

The thing is, that’s all it takes in this shit league to finish 3rd or 4th though. 

I could be wrong but didnt we finish 2nd that season? Only 9 points off 1st. Rangers (not compared to now), Hibs and Hearts were all strong that season too. Especially Hibs, with a really strong midfield. Arnason was absolutely shite. 

I'm all for saying we were shite in the last few years but the crap memories most folk have continues to amuse me. 

Although I should add I've not listened to the podcast. Might give it a listen, I'm sure he speaks a lot of truth. That tracksuit thing is pretty pathetic.

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

2nd time correct. The first time, head and shoulders above anyone else in the team the season he was here.

Aye good for him. We finished 9th. He was better than Rory McArdle, Youl Mawene, Darren Mackie and Stephen Hughes. Played well for half a season then down tools when he thought he was too good for us.... then ended up in League 2.

Honestly have no idea why I've decided to vent fury at Kari Arnason. I actually liked him ? bit over-rated though

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

He wasn't over rated when he was first with us.

His performances for Iceland v's teams like Argentina and Portugal and England say it all. He was a great player. He was 2 steps ahead of players here in terms of ability. Knew the game.

And yes he stood out because there was shite in our team but he would have done a turn for any team in Scotland and stood out for them IMO. Was gutted it was only a year but hey ho. Money talks, nothing to do with thinking he's better than us at all. Club took offer off the table. He explains the reasons.

True words Roberto. I just decided to get very irrational. 

Shame he couldnt have been here a few years later when we were decent and he was still decent. Think he was a bit fed up of how shite we were first time around. Which was fair. I mind him having a go at the team after we got beat by Motherwell, think this is the article I vaguely recall > https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/kari-arnason-theres-no-crisis-1082811 Captain at the time was Ricky Foster who made a blunder in that very game

He said: "It's about cutting out individual errors. This is what has cost us again. I didn't think it was the best performance from us going forward but the least we could do was be solid at the back.

"But it's happened again. It's what I've been f***ing telling everyone to cut out but we didn't.

"I didn't think that was good enough on Saturday, not by a long shot. We were flat in the game. We had a few boys just f***ing standing about.

"It's about hunger. The boys have to find it within themselves to contribute. If they don't the management will have to pull them and bring someone else in.

"The young boys have to step up as well, coming off the bench. They must show they want to play.

"Of course, it's hard for me to take when I see players not working as hard as I try to do. I'm not saying they have to go crunching into people.

"Some people have other attributes to bring to the table, like technique. But if they aren't doing that, they need to be working their f***ing arse off.

"It's not my place to tell them, though. It's up to the management and the captain."

Don't see it happening

Despite their big ambitions, they won't pay big money to a manager until they've got themselves into the SPL. They'll get themselves an established manager with a (relatively) decent record. Who is willing to take on the job for around £100k/year. Hartley or the likes

Just now, Ten Caat said:

Don't see it happening

Despite their big ambitions, they won't pay big money to a manager until they've got themselves into the SPL. They'll get themselves an established manager with a (relatively) decent record. Who is willing to take on the job for around £100k/year. Hartley or the likes

Don’t we still need to pay his wages up to McInnes contract ending?.the talk on here him being on a massive wage as it was, surely he could lesson his demands if he sees it a a good project?, 

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Don't see it happening

Their head of recruitment and their ceo were poached from bigger clubs though. 

4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Don’t we still need to pay his wages up to McInnes contract ending?.the talk on here him being on a massive wage as it was, surely he could lesson his demands if he sees it a a good project?, 

With what McInnes earned with us, he really won't have to work again if he so chooses. So he absolutely could take the QP job as a bit of a project.

I just think his ego won't quite let him do so just yet. He still believes he ought to be managing (preferably in England) at a level, with commensurate salary, that fits his lofty ambitions. It's not even a year since we punted him so he won't want to take on a job that, if he were to fail in it, would certainly consign him to the managerial scrapheap permanently. With his links to the club, the very recent Morton vacancy was probably a "better" fit for McInnes but he didn't go for it. I get that long term QP have loftier aims than Morton but at this point they look like they're only going to make the play-offs in 3rd or 4th place this season. I don't think whoever they appoint will get bulleted for failing to get them up this season but it will be a sacking offence next season

26 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Don't see it happening

Did they not get a director of football or something from a Premier league team in Holland or Belgium or somewhere like that?

Doubt he is on peanuts 

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Their head of recruitment and their ceo were poached from bigger clubs though. 

Not quite true, at least officially.

Dempster announced she was leaving Hibs in late 2020 and officially left in the first week of Jan 2021. Although rumours of her exit had been circulating for at least a year before making it official. She didn't get on with Ron Gordon and wasn't particularly careful about who she let know about their poor relationship

She then joined QP a week after leaving Hibs. Of course she would have been in negotiations to take this job for months previous but I don't think Hibs would have tolerated the affront to their reputation if they had let her join straight from them so she had to be seen to leave Hibs first.

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not quite true, at least officially.

Dempster announced she was leaving Hibs in late 2020 and officially left in the first week of Jan 2021. Although rumours of her exit had been circulating for at least a year before making it official. She didn't get on with Ron Gordon and wasn't particularly careful about who she let know about their poor relationship

She then joined QP a week after leaving Hibs. Of course she would have been in negotiations to take this job for months previous but I don't think Hibs would have tolerated the affront to their reputation if they had let her join straight from them so she had to be seen to leave Hibs first.

Not her, although still a coup

AZ Alkmaar guy