Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

If he doesn't get them up first time then he fails, and probably gets binned.

They are in a decent position, tucked in a fud hair behind those above them, and half way through the season.

Win their game in hand and they are 2 points off the top spot.

Wright, I assume, has been sacked for not having them clear at the top.

He'd be there to get them up.

Anything else doesn't cut it.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

He'll get them up, maybe not first time though.  Whether he can keep them up is different.  Theyre obviously looking for a rerun of the Steve Clarke era.  Suspect they'll see Tommy Wright mk2 

He will get them up & keep them up. 

He’s good at setting up & organising a team to be difficult to beat, which if they go up, Kilmarnock would be happy enough with that.

26 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Yes. Already sent him a trolling tweet. 

Good work, Dazzy. 

"Bigger and better things" the little scrote said. 

Fucking get it up him.

1 minute ago, Stoneybloke said:

It's amazing how quickly people have forgotten that he was our best manager for many years.

I wish him well if he takes the job.

And we had one cup win to show for it. 

He's very easily cast aside for this reason. 

Sick fed up of hearing how great he was when actually, he was only very decent, and his time with us was characterised as being 'nearly men.' 

The idea we should've been kissing his feet for the sake of 2nd place and non cup wins is a laughable load of shit. 

As an individual I'm sure he's a decent man, I truly don't care about that though.

What I love is that all the Glaswegian filth telling us how naive we were to be demanding a manager of his 'calibre' gets his rightful jotters, are now shown up to look like idiots. 

Tens of jobs in England more enticing than fuckin Killie. This is what he's had to settle for, mainly, because he's not that fucking good. 

1 minute ago, Stoneybloke said:

It's amazing how quickly people have forgotten that he was our best manager for many years.

He took us forward, then he took us backward. Overall we ended up a bit further forward than we were before he joined so I guess that was progress. He should have left a couple of seasons before he did though.

I'm not really fussed about how well or badly he does in his next job. I do however hope he comes back to raid Pittodrie of some of the crap he signed before he left - Devlin, Kennedy, Ojo, McGinn (great player in his day, but crap for the last couple seasons) and if he could also take McLennan off our hands, and maybe give Campbell some game time then he would go right up in my estimations. 

21 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

I’d agree there but that we maintain our form against Killie.

what is it now something like 18 or 19 wins on the trot with the exception of “The Craig Thomson Show” when he incorrectly sent Devlin off in the 4th minute

34 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Football is a fickle game and sadly for him we had become pretty shite under him. I'm glad he won us something but i feel he under delivered considering the budget he had compared to other teams bar the usual suspects.

I don't get it, he had us top 2 even with Huns in the league, too 4 consistently over 7/8 years and decent European efforts.  With Glass in charge, that doesn't look like a given.  Ok he ran out of ideas but selling off Cozzy and McKenna didn't help us much.

He could have gone to Sunderland or the Huns, to earn considerably more but always spoke well and stood up for our club, he represented our club well.

I for one wish him well, wish more would.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

I don't get it, he had us top 2 even with Huns in the league, too 4 consistently over 7/8 years and decent European efforts.  With Glass in charge, that doesn't look like a given.  Ok he ran out of ideas but selling off Cozzy and McKenna didn't help us much.

He could have gone to Sunderland or the Huns, to earn considerably more but always spoke well and stood up for our club, he represented our club well.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Upvote 2
11 minutes ago, Saturday's Kid said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that he didn't take the job at Ibrox not because he had doubts but that they refused to make the pay off in one instalment?

The sevconians asked him to resign from us. They would then make him the offer of their manager's job, thus saving them compensation.

Wisely, Mcinnes told them to ram it. If he had done what they wanted, we would have sued McInnes personally for breach of contract and he would then have become personally liable for the value of the remainder of his contract with us plus a compensatory payment on top. Plus the court expenses.

11 minutes ago, Alex Ferguson said:

Didn't qualify once. 

He got offered two jobs at volatile and toxic clubs, and he thought he had it easy with us. 

The cunt was apparently on 950K pre tax per year, at a job where the owner and much of the fan base couldn't see any fault. 

It's blown up in his face and to be honest, get it right fucking up him. 

Im not going to be grateful that he said no to two clubs in total disarray. 

The hun thing as well, we lost two games to them in the week leading up to his eventual rejection of the job. A time when he refused to rule himself out and was more or less asking them to come ask the question. 

He knew he'd be walking into a disaster and might be without a job a year down the line. AFC were the better option with his ludicrous contract terms and the fact he probably felt he could keep getting 'close' and it would be alright. 

Has anybody forgot the arrogant indignation near the end of his spell? The cunt thought he was bullet proof, the fucking cunt thought he made AFC what it is. 

That's what he gets. Kilmarnock. 

Tbf he wasn't earning anywhere near what he finally ended up earning with us when he took his look around the inner workings of sevco

Remember once he rejected them, Wiggy instantly gave him a new improved contract, beating what sevco had offered him. But he then got 2 further new contracts from Milne that did escalate him into (for us) megabucks earnings