Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

Remember Sturgeon gave them a £500 bonus as well.

This pay rise is purely polItical.

Just waiting for her to announce students will get a £5 k bonus or some other shite.

They have been squirrelling away hundreds of millions that should have gone to business's that have been closed for a year.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Cool we shall remember that when there’s a war and they come trudging back missing an arm,am sure your going to tell him fuck you your getting paid for what you trained for?

Yeah I would say that. Frontline young soldier will be on say 18k first year, even SAS earn under 30k, it's not for the money. They chose that career. Without cleaners, bus drivers, supermarket staff etc etc we would have been fucked. The brave NHS worker pay rise is a bribe and something to impress the stupid.

3 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Remember Sturgeon gave them a £500 bonus as well.

This pay rise is purely polItical.

Just waiting for her to announce students will get a £5 k bonus or some other shite.

They have been squirrelling away hundreds of millions that should have gone to business's that have been closed for a year.

THIS!! Where's the money from the UK government, ask the business owners struggling, fucking sham.

Just now, daytripping said:

Yeah I would say that. Frontline young soldier will be on say 18k first year, even SAS earn under 30k, it's not for the money. They chose that career. Without cleaners, bus drivers, supermarket staff etc etc we would have been fucked. The brave NHS worker pay rise is a bribe and something to impress the stupid.

No it’s the natural order of things hence why supermarket workers,bus drivers,security guards are all on minimum wage?, and always are?does it make them any less important to society?. No but it is what it is and has been for years.

ps supermarket staff etc also chose to work otherwise could they just not go and retrain to get a bigger salary?,

you don’t need to go to university either as open university learning can be done and seen as education is free in Scotland.

It’s the same people buttfucked by others getting more money but where’s the voice when the supermarkets workers gets shafted year on year,signed any petitions for them recently?

3 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

No it’s the natural order of things hence why supermarket workers,bus drivers,security guards are all on minimum wage?, and always are?does it make them any less important to society?. No but it is what it is and has been for years.

ps supermarket staff etc also chose to work otherwise could they just not go and retrain to get a bigger salary?,

you don’t need to go to university either as open university learning can be done and seen as education is free in Scotland.

It’s the same people buttfucked by others getting more money but where’s the voice when the supermarkets workers gets shafted year on year,signed any petitions for them recently?

No idea what that rambling post means.

Remeber NHS staff have job security and are all on decent pensions.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

How is it the natural order of things... This is an election bribe paid for by consequential, whilst the council are not able to offer their staff an increase at all. 

The manner in which we fetishise the NHS is a joke. 

I think that, of course, in the last year for some in the NHS it has been hard. 

But for lots it's been feet up. 

Furthermore, we have a furlough scheme to pay for and the economic impact of this pandemic has yet to really been felt, just look at John Lewis' announcement today. 

Tip of the iceberg while we butter up the sainted NHS worker. 

• Downvote 1

It’s fine @milne_afc they will get the plumbers and supermarket workers to pop there livers back in when all’s said and done??

maybe we could get the government to tackle the big companies to actually pay the tax they should and it would be a fairer system on us all, maybe redistribute that wealth to let’s say folk on minimum wage?

Guest milne_afc
Just now, maryhilldon said:

What if they're black and it's not their fault? 

Well they shouldn’t be allowed near animals.

No, wait. That’s poofs.

43 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

A lot of NHS staff have just had the quietest year of their lives I would think,  only a small % work in ICU or covid wards.  I don't see how a well above inflation rise across the board is warranted when so many others in different sectors will be fucked. 

Working in a geriatric ward is a million times more stressful than working in the acute wards trust me. And the geriatric wards rarely drop below 95% occupancy year round.

The medical wards operate on a similar occupancy rate. Usually they end up "boarding out" recovering patients to whatever ward has bed space to admit more urgent cases

It's the surgical wards which might have had a bit of a respite in the past year with planned operations reduced

On 3/24/2021 at 10:31 PM, Dons79 said:

Do you not think they deserve it?

No.

The NHS is a self-regarding political football.  Essentially its a block of greedy voters auctioning their support to the highest bidder.

For the money spent on it, its mediocre - it is the public sector after all.  Its good that people can access care regardless of their financial circumstances, but its nothing special when compared to other systems:

Britain's healthcare system has been ranked just 30th in a new global study – lagging behind other European countries including Germany, Ireland, Spain, Slovenia and Italy.

A report published in The Lancet medical journal rates 192 countries in terms of their quality and access to healthcare.

The UK scored a total of 84.6 out of 100, placing it on an equal footing with Cyprus, Qatar, Malta, Portugal and the Czech Republic – with an especially low score for cancer care.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/nhs-world-ranking-uk-healthcare-worse-ireland-spain-slovenia-30th-lancet-a7744131.html

Private sector workers do not get a pay rise every year, and its often only inflationary when they do.  Yet they pay to lavish self-regarding nurses with cash.

NHS workers actually get two pay rises every year.

The first one is to match inflation and the second is a further rise, like this 4%.

However, they keep the inflationary rise secret and they swear blind that "its not a pay rise".  But it is a pay rise and its often all the people who pay their wages get.

I know this as my wife works in the NHS (pharmacist) and I had to educate her that anything which causes your wages to go up - regardless of what is called - is a pay rise.

My sister is a consultant doctor in the NHS and gets 6 figures for a 4 day week.

I would never want to go back to a system where your ability to get healthcare depended on how wealthy you are, but the NHS could be significantly better. 

The whole "oor nhs heroes" rubbish is just political nonsense to impress gullible voters, encouraged by greedy trade unionists who want the £££ for doing as little as possible.

There should be a rule that public sector staff pay rises should be linked to the average prviate sector rise in any given year.

The public sector is carried on the backs of private sector workers, who often do much more arduous jobs for much less money.