Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Why do you think it was stupid and a gimmick? 

It was unworkable and announced without any consultation with the industry.

They planned to set up a nationalised company which would've had to buy an entire broadband network and then put several companies out of business while expecting them to continue running the network during the transition period. 

Broadband is cheap enough. They could've offered discounted or free broadband for people on UC or something but free broadband for everyone would be an extraordinary waste of money in the main.

13 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

As for devices, if it’s a £50 tablet locked for educational apps only then aye.

That's almost exactly what it'll be.

Not that it'll placate the doom-mongers predicting an epidemic of 8 year olds selling their Chromebook to buy crack cocaine. 

20 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Swinney will say: “We put tens of ­thousands of new laptops and ­Chromebooks in the hands of children learning at home during lockdown.

More bragging about inputs instead of outputs (ie results).

He essentially saying "we bought electronic goods using someone else's money" and expecting that to impress people.

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Henry said:

That's almost exactly what it'll be.

Not that it'll placate the doom-mongers predicting an epidemic of 8 year olds selling their Chromebook to buy crack cocaine. 

Just don't see the point in it since 90% of kids will already have one. Bang them out to the 10% no bother but it does seem a bit wasteful.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

Just don't see the point in it since 90% of kids will already have one. Bang them out to the 10% no bother but it does seem a bit wasteful.

I don't disagree with you but there could be advantages to all kids having the same tablet etc. 

Same operating system to run the same apps, some kids could have iPads that don't run specific software etc. Not all apps are web based. Likewise this could streamline teachers for marking etc using one system. 

Also would I fuck let my kid(if I had any)  take their £300 Ipad into school to get smashed or stolen. 

4 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I don't disagree with you but there could be advantages to all kids having the same tablet etc. 

Same operating system to run the same apps, some kids could have iPads that don't run specific software etc. Not all apps are web based. Likewise this could streamline teachers for marking etc using one system. 

Also would I fuck let my kid(if I had any)  take their £300 Ipad into school to get smashed or stolen. 

Yeah fair points actually. There could be merit in it after all.

This latest buying votes by dishing out tablets wheeze is a bad idea.

When Mason Koa Boyne of Ibrox Primary breaks his third tablet by chewing it, who is going to say he cant have yet another?

OK it was a long time ago, but when I was little we had these things called text-books and jotters and we took them home and used them there, just like in the classroom.  We didn't need to see a teacher on camera in order to do this.

I wager that system would work just as well today as it did then and at significantly lower cost than dishing out electronic goods. Learning by correspondence is a well established practice in remote places.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

The cabinet on the other hand, good honest Brits acting in all our best interests. 

Don't change the subject, we are talking about the obnoxious rotters who are the figure heads of the indy movement.

The fact that they cant work together and are constantly back-biting shows what snide egotists they all are.

2 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

This latest buying votes by dishing out tablets wheeze is a bad idea.

When Mason Koa Boyne of Ibrox Primary breaks his third tablet by chewing it, who is going to say he cant have yet another?

OK it was a long time ago, but when I was little we had these things called text-books and jotters and we took them home and used them there, just like in the classroom.  We didn't need to see a teacher on camera in order to do this.

I wager that system would work just as well today as it did then and at significantly lower cost than dishing out electronic goods. Learning by correspondence is a well established practice in remote places.

Text books become out dated and need replaced rapidly too. At one point in ancient history they even stated that god created earth. Add up one for every subject and the additional benefits of a tablet could out weigh the limited extra cost. 

Plus save the trees. 

9 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

With Tommy Sheridan joining Alba, it put the spotlight on how the foremost figures of each of the pro-Indy parties are all obnoxious cunts.

Perverts, liars, power-junkies and schemers.

Would be a great Christmas night out at the Alba party though, Salmond and Sheridan in charge of the kitty. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Text books become out dated and need replaced rapidly too. At one point in ancient history they even stated that god created earth. Add up one for every subject and the additional benefits of a tablet could out weigh the limited extra cost. 

Plus save the trees. 

Pish.  Even if a book did need replaced, you could buy a whole class worth for the price of 1 tablet.

Btw you can grow new trees, its called sustainable paper.

And books dont add to the electricity bill either.