Scottish Elections

caledonia

SCOTTISH ELECTIONS  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you be voting for come the Scottish Elections in May

Every school pupil in Scotland will be given a free laptop or tablet by an incoming SNP Government.

The £350million policy will see all children from P1 to S6 receive an ­internet-connected device in a bid to end the “digital divide”.

Looking after the children of Scotland

Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP the Party for Independence 

Vote SNP 1st and 2nd

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 4

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

Every school pupil in Scotland will be given a free laptop or tablet by an incoming SNP Government.

The £350million policy will see all children from P1 to S6 receive an ­internet-connected device in a bid to end the “digital divide”.

Vote SNP 1st and 2nd

Shame they don't seem worried about the drop on educational standards...

1 hour ago, Lencarl said:

Vote SNP 1st and 2nd

Massive amount of waste involved in that.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Where you falling on the SNP/Alba divide, @caledonia?

Feel free not to answer. I'm generally curious how many MSPs/MPs might switch over. It'll be a big statement if any MSPs actually choose to do so ahead of the election. 

I can't help but think Johanna Cherry's announcement early in the week about taking "time out for health reasons" was well timed to avoid her being at the centre of this. 

31 minutes ago, The Buzzard said:

Where you falling on the SNP/Alba divide, @caledonia?

Feel free not to answer. I'm generally curious how many MSPs/MPs might switch over. It'll be a big statement if any MSPs actually choose to do so ahead of the election. 

Two MPs already joined so Alba have more than Scottish Labour 

I am SNP1 Alba 2 max the vote

just wish there was a way to get rid of sturgeon as she is more interested in Gender ideology  than independence.

But we are where we are

2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Vote SNP 1st and 2nd

Sturgeon buying more votes by squandering more taxpayers money.

Tick

• Dildo 1

This is why if you are interested in independence your second vote needs to go to Alba or Greens rather than SNP (you cant do both votes Alba as they are only on the list)

SNP list votes last election v seats won ⬇️

Central: 129,082 votes. 0 seats.
Glasgow: 111,101 votes. 0 seats.
Highlands & Islands: 81,600 votes. 1 seat.
Lothians: 118,546 votes. 0 seats.
Mid Scot & Fife: 120,128 votes. 0 seats.
North East: 137,086 votes. 0 seats.
South: 120,217 votes. 3 seats.
West: 135,827 votes. 0 seats.

The SNP had far the higher list (region) votes but only got an additional 4 seats Tories with half snp vote got 24

So by using your second vote to vote for Alba = more independence MSPs and Tories like annie wells and Murdo Fraser or Miles Briggs might not make it.

110-E33-D2-55-F0-4-E42-A0-EC-1-FBAB45-BE

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, caledonia said:

Two MPs already joined so Alba have more than Scottish Labour 

I am SNP1 Alba 2 max the vote

just wish there was a way to get rid of sturgeon as she is more interested in Gender ideology  than independence.

But we are where we are

Lol without sturgeon the snp would have nowhere near the support they have. Like or loathe her she’s regarded as being one of the best politicians of the past 20 years. 

I trust the defectors to Alba will all be advocating for by elections  so that their electorate can still be represented by MPs they voted for. 

3 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Vote SNP 1st and 2nd

They don't get given a free laptop min. 

It just means that there will be one available for every child to use at school.  They've already started rolling this out. 

4 hours ago, caledonia said:

Lynne Anderson SNP Equalities Convener joins Alba

Hopefully she leaves the woke shite behind her.

3 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

Massive amount of waste involved in that.

Almost as if it's an ill thought out pre election gimmick!

56 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They don't get given a free laptop min. 

It just means that there will be one available for every child to use at school.  They've already started rolling this out. 

Swinney will say: “We put tens of ­thousands of new laptops and ­Chromebooks in the hands of children learning at home during lockdown. But I want to do more. Covid has reinforced the need to break down the barriers to learning.

“A child cannot do their homework on mum or dad’s phone.

“And they cannot study online if they can’t connect to the internet. These tools are no longer luxuries. They are the basic building blocks of a good  education.

“It is time now to recognise that. And, because education is about levelling up, it must be done for ­everyone. Rich and poor alike.

“Just as in my day, the teacher handed out a jotter to all, so in this internet age, we will hand each child the device they need to learn and prosper.

"If we are re-elected in May, the SNP will roll out a new programme to deliver into the hands of every school child in Scotland a laptop, Chromebook or tablet to use in school and at home.

“We will end the digital divide between those who have access to the rich ­educational resources of the internet and open that ­electronic world to every child in Scotland.”

The Device For Every Pupil plan will provide a “free age-appropriate” computer for every pupil. The devices will come with a free ­internet connection.

Since my laddie has been at school it's fairly obvious to me why the schools are fucked. The vast majority of teachers time is spent on the wee shits that cause bother. It seems to me most teachers aren't teaching they are managing the behaviour of 3 or 4 wee cunts. The wee shits and their families should be executed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Lencarl said:

Swinney will say: “We put tens of ­thousands of new laptops and ­Chromebooks in the hands of children learning at home during lockdown. But I want to do more. Covid has reinforced the need to break down the barriers to learning.

“A child cannot do their homework on mum or dad’s phone.

“And they cannot study online if they can’t connect to the internet. These tools are no longer luxuries. They are the basic building blocks of a good  education.

“It is time now to recognise that. And, because education is about levelling up, it must be done for ­everyone. Rich and poor alike.

“Just as in my day, the teacher handed out a jotter to all, so in this internet age, we will hand each child the device they need to learn and prosper.

"If we are re-elected in May, the SNP will roll out a new programme to deliver into the hands of every school child in Scotland a laptop, Chromebook or tablet to use in school and at home.

“We will end the digital divide between those who have access to the rich ­educational resources of the internet and open that ­electronic world to every child in Scotland.”

The Device For Every Pupil plan will provide a “free age-appropriate” computer for every pupil. The devices will come with a free ­internet connection.

Surely this is means tested? They can’t possibly be giving a device and potentially WiFi to every child in the country.