Welcome back Stephen Glass

58 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Bet glass was spewing after watching that shit on Saturday 

Probably made it easier for him to identify exactly what's wrong, and exactly who needs punted. 

Which is a lot, and most of them. 

23 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Is there still a euro spot for the cup winner? I thought that was reallocated to the league when it looked like the cup wouldn't be finished in time. Have they put it back?

1st Champions League QR3

2nd Champions League QR2

Cup Winner Europa PO round

3rd ECL QR2

4th ECL QR2

If Hibs were knocked out tonight then obviously the chances of third place mattering would slightly reduce.

Go Queens.

4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

1st Champions League QR3

2nd Champions League QR2

Cup Winner Europa PO round

3rd ECL QR2

4th ECL QR2

If Hibs were knocked out tonight then obviously the chances of third place mattering would slightly reduce.

Go Queens.

Hibs are irrelevant in the factor for the value of third place, it’s the Scottish cup winners that get into the EL PO round. For it to go to third place, either Celtic or SevCo would need to win the cup and they’ve been drawn against each other, hence it means finishing third is slightly diminished in that only one of the cheeks could make the final.

46 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Hibs are irrelevant in the factor for the value of third place, it’s the Scottish cup winners that get into the EL PO round. For it to go to third place, either Celtic or SevCo would need to win the cup and they’ve been drawn against each other, hence it means finishing third is slightly diminished in that only one of the cheeks could make the final.

If Hibs go out we would know that 2/3 of the top 3 are out before the quarters with the other team still having 3 matches to play to secure it. 

So the chances of the spot going to the league is less and the league wont have that spot until the last game of the season (whereas if the cup final had been contested by 2 of the top 3 we would know its going to the league by mid April)

It is a potentially very kind run to a Hampden semi-final but you wouldn't bet on Aberdeen beating Torry Vics at the moment. The Dumbarton match was torture. 

We need that new manager/management team bounce for sure. Would be ironic if the new management team came in and delivered our first Scottish Cup in over 3-decades within a couple of months. Equally ironic if we won the f#ckin thing and weren't allowed to be there to see it. 

I wonder if there will be a 'no sponsor' mountain bike up for grabs for the man of the match in the final.  

• Downvote 1
47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've got to give it a shot.

Probably be some fans at Hampden for the final. 

Beating the Huns to win the Scottish Cup in front of returning fans with Campbell doing the Jess keepie ups to troll Ryan Kent would be a great way to finish a pretty shitty season. 

spat my dinner out you putting Campbell in anything close to the league of Eoin Jess...

• Dildo 3
2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yeah but the difference is Jess was a cut above anything on the park,  surely

It's a bizarre comment from you 

I'm not comparing Campbell to Jess. 

I'm trying to create a picture of one of our players from our youth system taking the piss out of the Huns in a new show of confidence and arrogance as we win the Scottish Cup.  I could easily have said Ramsay, Ross or McKenzie.  Same difference. 

The comparison to Jess wasn't literal. Apart from the keepie ups. 

And I shouldn't really need to explain it. Most folk would read that and say aye it would be great to get one up on the Huns in that manner.  Rather than be sniffy about Dean Campbell. 

• Upvote 4
Just now, Millertime said:

Campbell is rapidly approaching the point mclennan was at,  where he has had enough opportunities to now not be let off with being "a young boy"

He has had about 60 first team appearances 

If you had said Ramsay, I wouldn't have even commented 

I don't really mind who is doing the keepie ups. 

Apart from maybe if it's Kennedy as it would probably bounce off his knee and go for a throw in. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

Campbell is rapidly approaching the point mclennan was at,  where he has had enough opportunities to now not be let off with being "a young boy"

He has had about 60 first team appearances 

If you had said Ramsay, I wouldn't have even commented 

Ramsay, Ramsay, Ramsay.