Welcome back Stephen Glass

46 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree, but let’s wait & see how we look after the Hearts game at the end of October.

Highly unlikely anything will happen before then, regardless of the “noise” on social media etc. 

Yeah, end of October and another 4 or 5 games without a win and he is under mega pressure, but might still get cut a bit of slack as there's a lot of tough games in there... if however it continues a game or two into November I really don't see how he can keep his job - that would be about 14/15 games without a win. I know it's a lot of speculation to say that's where we might be, but there's no real signs of anything clicking that's going to turn things around. 

He's got himself into a right mess - he really needs to have a big shake up of the starting line up, but some positions he can't because he has no alternative options, and the forthcoming games are really tough ones, so it's a risk to go from a known level of crapness to bringing in an unknown level of crapness in players who haven't played recently. 

8 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yeah, end of October and another 4 or 5 games without a win and he is under mega pressure, but might still get cut a bit of slack as there's a lot of tough games in there... if however it continues a game or two into November I really don't see how he can keep his job - that would be about 14/15 games without a win. I know it's a lot of speculation to say that's where we might be, but there's no real signs of anything clicking that's going to turn things around. 

He's got himself into a right mess - he really needs to have a big shake up of the starting line up, but some positions he can't because he has no alternative options, and the forthcoming games are really tough ones, so it's a risk to go from a known level of crapness to bringing in an unknown level of crapness in players who haven't played recently. 

I’m not sure the fixture list in October would come in to the equation? That would be a whole round of fixtures against all the teams without a win. 

It would potentially be 13 games without a win.

I don’t know how that would be in the Dons history books in terms of our worst runs ever, but it would be right up there as the worst & his position would surely be untenable.  
13 games without a win & at the bottom or near the bottom entering November would be indefensible 

As you say, it’s all speculation & we just need to see how it pans out. 

12 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m not sure the fixture list in October would come in to the equation? That would be a whole round of fixtures against all the teams without a win. 

It would potentially be 13 games without a win.

I don’t know how that would be in the Dons history books in terms of our worst runs ever, but it would be right up there as the worst & his position would surely be untenable.  
13 games without a win & at the bottom or near the bottom entering November would be indefensible 

As you say, it’s all speculation & we just need to see how it pans out. 

I find it pretty depressing that DC will allow October to play it out for the sake of it. But if that is what he's gonna do then he damn well better be using October to put plans for a replacement in place so the new manager can start working towards January to start fixing the fucking mess Glass created in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I find it pretty depressing that DC will allow October to play it out for the sake of it. But if that is what he's gonna do then he damn well better be using October to put plans for a replacement in place so the new manager can start working towards January to start fixing the fucking mess Glass created in the summer. 

Ernie, you are nae a happy chappy are you?

Regarding this Glass business.

Canna put my finger on it, but I just sense that to be the case.

?

22 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I agree & hope you’re right.

24 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Ernie, you are nae a happy chappy are you?

Regarding this Glass business.

Canna put my finger on it, but I just sense that to be the case.

?

? Yeah youve got me figured. I think its the fact that it's so obvious that what's going on is a shit manager out of his depth rather than a team in transition is what frustrates me. But somehow a vague narrative of transition dictates that we have to play out the charade for a couple more months, despite the fact that we all know how it's going to end. 

But I guess you do have to laugh. 3rd biggest club in Scotland, ready to kick on with funds to reshape the squad and the chairman appoints his fucking mate ?

• Upvote 1

Still far too many Glass sympathisers in the support. They are the ones that refuse to see the woods for the trees. Regardless of what is happening at the club. Many of them would need us to be actually relegated before they admit he’s not right for the job but even then, they would probably want us to keep him, so he can maybe ‘learn’ the job & his ‘different style’ better in the championship.

Cut the fkn cord. 

• Like 1

It's the 'trying to do something different' stuff when they clearly are doing fuck all that's different that gets my goat. 

The folk running the club think we're all zipped up the back and have never watched football before. 

But anyway I don't blame Glass. The blame lies with Cormack and his ego.  The day he allowed the training ground to be named after himself we knew everything we needed to know about him. 

Aye he's a fan and I get that but he's not fit to run the club and has appointed rookies to work underneath him. So we've got no experience anywhere in the set up. 

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

? Yeah youve got me figured. I think its the fact that it's so obvious that what's going on is a shit manager out of his depth rather than a team in transition is what frustrates me. But somehow a vague narrative of transition dictates that we have to play out the charade for a couple more months, despite the fact that we all know how it's going to end. 

But I guess you do have to laugh. 3rd biggest club in Scotland, ready to kick on with funds to reshape the squad and the chairman appoints his fucking mate ?

?

I hope you find peace soon.

In whichever form that may present itself.

I'm on the brink of falling off the fence to join you.*

Still want it to work, but FFS, the signs are nae good.

*THUD
Yeah, I'm there.

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I’d be interested to know how much of the blame lands at Glass’s feet for recruitment. Gurr is obviously all his doing and completely shambolic but I have my doubts Glass knew very little about jet and Gallagher for example. While Glass is a massive issue I’m also very worried about our whole recruitment process, it’s been an absolute disgrace for 3 years and definitely played it’s part in McInnes dismissal, how much he had to do with the recruitment is anyone’s guess but it’s an absolute joke that 70% of our signings are duds. McInnes had a decent squad of players at his disposal but as soon as key players like Hayes, Rooney and McGinn etc aged/left they were never replaced with similar or better standard. 

18 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’d be interested to know how much of the blame lands at Glass’s feet for recruitment. Gurr is obviously all his doing and completely shambolic but I have my doubts Glass knew very little about jet and Gallagher for example. While Glass is a massive issue I’m also very worried about our whole recruitment process, it’s been an absolute disgrace for 3 years and definitely played it’s part in McInnes dismissal, how much he had to do with the recruitment is anyone’s guess but it’s an absolute joke that 70% of our signings are duds. McInnes had a decent squad of players at his disposal but as soon as key players like Hayes, Rooney and McGinn etc aged/left they were never replaced with similar or better standard. 

Who signed Jet then?