Welcome back Stephen Glass

Racist or otherwise, the fact is, Malky McKay is a better and more experienced manager than Glass and would therefore have Aberdeen in a better position than we currently are.

Thems the facts. Whether the Puritanical and church going Dave Cormack would entertain a “convicted” racist as AFC manager is moot anyway as he’s not a personal friend of his.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Some interesting points in this - https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/ally-beggs-aberdeen-qa-dons-21727567

Are there 'glimpses' of what Stephen Glass is trying to do though? 

"I was aware of the great work he was doing at Atlanta United".........err really Ally?

"i wondered if we are now slightly top heavy in midfield"........aye that's a great point Mr Begg. No Dons fan had noticed that but now you point it out....

Any credibility Begg had a supposed Dons fanatic was flushed down the crapper when he took on the main presenter role on Dhims TV

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Any credibility Begg had a supposed Dons fanatic was flushed down the crapper when he took on the main presenter role on Dhims TV

He is a Dons fanatic, but he was a presenter over in Singapore so there’s probably nae that much opportunities to continue that over here.

His article did reflect on getting a win over Celtic this weekend

41 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

"I was aware of the great work he was doing at Atlanta United".........err really Ally?

"i wondered if we are now slightly top heavy in midfield"........aye that's a great point Mr Begg. No Dons fan had noticed that but now you point it out....

Yip - he's a prick.  Even dedicated a chapter to "the Celtic story" in his book ?

18 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Fa buys books like that? Mental it was even published.  

MAD’s would be a good read. As would Fridge’s

Chapter 85 - "Spar-ked out"

So I woke up in ARI yet again, this time walletless and with a sore anus. I checked the doc's clipboard and confirmed his diagnosis - bum raped by three fourteen year olds. Chaos! I checked myself out and headed straight down to the Dutch Mill for a charity fundraising pow-wow with my good mate Hutchy. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Reading a book at moment that widely quotes the late Eddie Turnbull.

One quote in his early days as Dons manager says "My philosophy of the game is that there's only one part of the team you can organise, that's the defence. That doesn't mean you're defensive, it's just your springboard....."

Glass has proven in 20 odd games that he doesn't follow similar guidelines.

Come the end of October, when we WILL firmly be in the bottom six, time to replace him with a Turnbull type manager, and get the team foundations back to basics.

It was Turnbull that set things in motion so Fergie could be successful some years later!!

23 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Think it was mair Ally MacLeod and Billy McNeil that did that misel.

Nae taking anything awa fae Turnbull who was a fantastic boss at AFC.

Fair doos min.

Eddie layed the foundations, Ally and Billy built the walls and Fergie completed the roof.

The roof started leaking after the Fergie years and, after some decent maintenance under Derek, the walls started to crumble a bit in his latter years.

Unfortunately instead of employing a master builder to rebuild our fortunes DC has hired a mate who hasn't completed his apprenticeship yet.

17 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I agree to an extent but it is a difficult one - Mcinnes - let’s not attack but we won’t concede, Glass let’s just attack and have no defence

There is a happy medium in there somewhere

Let’s attack and defend and retain possession? 

Ground breaking strategy that most managers can’t compute. Difficult when your players are not all that comfortable on the ball and the opposition are harassing you i suppose.