Welcome back Stephen Glass

17 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'll give you Neilson but there is absolutely no evidence that the other 3 would.

Tam Courts has a win ratio of 67% and 54% for both the clubs he has managed. Incidentally the 54% is relation to united a club with a smaller budget than Glass. Likewise Martindale is 38% with Livingston! 

Glass gets a nosebleed at 30%.

Mackay did pretty shit at wigan and struggling a wee bit at County (but incidentally not against Stephen Glass's Aberdeen), I'll grant you. 

It's not that these guys are anything special, I just think people aren't grasping (or don't want to admit) how poor Glass is. 

19 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'll give you Neilson but there is absolutely no evidence that the other 3 would.

Nielsen shat it at home against us / Glass.

Went 1-0 from a pen and then went defensive to try and hold on.

He has one game plan, go out all guns blazing and try and get ahead before they knacker themselves. Go behind and their generally fcuked

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Nielsen shat it at home against us / Glass.

Went 1-0 from a pen and then went defensive to try and hold on.

He has one game plan, go out all guns blazing and try and get ahead before they knacker themselves. Go behind and their generally fcuked

Remember the point was not that  Neilson was a good manager. It was simply that he was better than Glass. 

54 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Tam Courts has a win ratio of 67% and 54% for both the clubs he has managed. Incidentally the 54% is relation to united a club with a smaller budget than Glass. Likewise Martindale is 38% with Livingston! 

Glass gets a nosebleed at 30%.

Mackay did pretty shit at wigan and struggling a wee bit at County (but incidentally not against Stephen Glass's Aberdeen), I'll grant you. 

It's not that these guys are anything special, I just think people aren't grasping (or don't want to admit) how poor Glass is. 

How can you possibly know that after a few games. You're massively jumping the gun. We'll come good.

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

And after that?

That's not the point. You're assuming Glass is going to turn it around and be a success but the future is unwritten. 

However 

He managed to beat St Mirren to get further in the league cup than we did. 

And managed a win against Celtic the other week. Let's see if we can match that this weekend. 

And his wage bill is a fraction of ours. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's not the point. You're assuming Glass is going to turn it around and be a success but the future is unwritten. 

No, I’m not.

I’m not assuming anything, I’m saying it’s too early to judge. Any manager coming in deserved to be given time to improve us.

Your assumption appears to be that he can’t 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He managed to beat St Mirren to get further in the league cup than we did. 

And managed a win against Celtic the other week. Let's see if we can match that this weekend. 

Yet he couldn’t beat us, as poor as we’ve been.

These are ludicrous arguments. The man needs more time to determine if he can improve us or not

10 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

No, I’m not.

I’m not assuming anything, I’m saying it’s too early to judge. Any manager coming in deserved to be given time to improve us.

Your assumption appears to be that he can’t 

Yet he couldn’t beat us, as poor as we’ve been.

These are ludicrous arguments. The man needs more time to determine if he can improve us or not

I'd love to be able to say that we're brilliant and Glass is doing a great job. 

But we're not and he's not.  He's lost 50% of his games in charge. 

We're shit at the back, clueless in midfield and crap up front.  And the goalie's arse has gone. 

Possession is great but it wins you fuck all if you don't do anything constructive with it. 

How many of his 11 signings are going to turn it around for him? 

Ps I noticed you chopped off the bit where I said Martindale has a budget a fraction of ours. 

Just now, afc1903mad said:

Did it have any merit given he beat Celtic last week with a better budget than ours?

You’d prefer Martindale. I say no thanks

Martindale has a better budget than us?  News to me. 

Of course I wouldn't want Martindale. I'm saying it's a bit presumptious to say that Glass is a better manager. 

And a bit daft to compare things Martindale actually achieved as being inferior to things Glass hasn't yet achieved. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Martindale has a better budget than us?  News to me. 

Of course I wouldn't want Martindale. I'm saying it's a bit presumptious to say that Glass is a better manager. 

And a bit daft to compare things Martindale actually achieved as being inferior to things Glass hasn't yet achieved. 

Oh FFS, I’ve had enough of your nit picking.

The budget point you were making was irrelevant because he beat Celtic the other week who have a much bigger budget than ours

Jeezo, how much have you had to drink tonight.

Good night min

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Oh FFS, I’ve had enough of your nit picking.

The budget point you were making was irrelevant because he beat Celtic the other week who have a much bigger budget than ours

Jeezo, how much have you had to drink tonight.

Good night min

I don't drink.  That's probably why I'm so fucking miserable! 

Nae sure where you're going with the budget thing. You think it's an irrelevant achievement that he beat Celtic because Celtic have a bigger budget than ours? 

You've lost me there. 

53 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd love to be able to say that we're brilliant and Glass is doing a great job. 

But we're not and he's not.  He's lost 50% of his games in charge. 

We're shit at the back, clueless in midfield and crap up front.  And the goalie's arse has gone. 

Possession is great but it wins you fuck all if you don't do anything constructive with it. 

How many of his 11 signings are going to turn it around for him? 

Ps I noticed you chopped off the bit where I said Martindale has a budget a fraction of ours. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1