What you doing today?

1 minute ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Even growing up in the 70s was a bit weird compared to now.  Strange adults would give you a belt across the ears if you were rude to them and corporal punishment still on the go in school. I was never once belted or given the ruler. Too smart to get caught. 

I got the ruler across the hand in primary 2 or 3 for doing graffiti with chalk in the playground. Headmaster was a sadist, loved giving folk the belt (I managed to avoid it)

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

The scud. Painful when the teacher deliberately aimed a bit high and caught the top of the wrist. 
Looking back, I think it taught our generation some manners. 

Didn’t do Peter Tobin any good.

58 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Even growing up in the 70s was a bit weird compared to now.  Strange adults would give you a belt across the ears if you were rude to them and corporal punishment still on the go in school. I was never once belted or given the ruler. Too smart to get caught. 

Got the belt quite a number of times even if I wasn't the guilty one .

Never good to clype on your mates .

Good that you were too smart to get off with it Sooper.

17 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

My mum was getting bullied by some boy in her class. Her mum( my old gran) marched into the classroom, grabbed the wee cunt by the hair, whacked his face into the desk, and told him that was the end of the bullying, apologised to the teacher and went home. The boy, in tears, was then made to say sorry to my mum in front of the whole class. This was Gorbals, weegie , circa 1955.

weegies are up there with the scousers at fabricating stories.

Strange attention seeking minks. 

22 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Also my gran told me when she was in school ( early 1920s) she was once hit so hard by the headmaster across the head that she could see stars. This was for forgetting homework( and she had a legitimate reason for it that her parents knew about)

She had a huge bruise across her face but didnt tell her dad what actually happened because he would have went up to the school and ‘ killed that man’. He was by all accounts a bit of a psycho. 

3 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said: