Calvin Ramsay

10 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

You think running around like a headless chicken then shitting his pants and fucking it up every time he finds himself in an advanced position is positive?

That's just weird min.

As for those last 2* words.

Oh dear.

Never mind.

*Well 1 actual word and 1 awful dumbed down society abbreviation.

:clangers2:

41 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Exactly how i feel when I see the hopeless fuck on the team sheet.

Exactly which bit are you facepalming?

Just out of(dis)interest?

He's been no worse than say,Considine/McRorie or Hayes,but received tons more criticism,because(IMO) folks still associate him with the shiteness of last season.What % of chances has Ramirez fluffed of the more he's had as an actual striker.

We can see he's a different player this season,need to see if we can get more out of him over more games,to decide if this is as good as it gets,or worth pursuing with.Personally,think he may disappear in the meatier games,but willing to give him a chance til such time

35 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Exactly how i feel when I see the hopeless fuck on the team sheet.

Exactly which bit are you facepalming?

Just out of(dis)interest?

BOOOO

Disinterested = unbiased

Uninterested = don't care

I am disinterested in the agreement about ojo, you are uninterested in my pedantry.

3 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Some here have a weird agenda concerning Ojo. They will just never warm to him despite the recent positive performances. Racist iyam. 

Im actually the opposite.  He is exactly the kind of player I want to be a success - a ball carrying midfielder who gets us from our box where Scottish Centre Halves will always dominate to the opposition goal where natural goal scorers will eventually prosper.  That type of player is instantly better to watch than Ash Taylor lumping it long to no-one in particular with our sole game plan being to try and pick up a second ball off a poor clearance.

Could we do better is a different question.  Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

He'll be going no where. He's only brand new 18. They'll get him on a four or five year deal by Christmas if he keeps playing like this in the next 5-10 games.

Ryan Fraser didn't play many games before he was being watched by some decent clubs. Same with Grimmer. I'm sure clubs are well aware of Ramsey and will be keeping a close eye on him. 

4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Ryan Fraser didn't play many games before he was being watched by some decent clubs. Same with Grimmer. I'm sure clubs are well aware of Ramsey and will be keeping a close eye on him. 

Definitely. 

Look at Hickey and Doig as recent examples.  One season in the first team and all sorts of clubs from different countries interested. 

51 minutes ago, Laichomoray said:

He's been no worse than say,Considine/McRorie or Hayes,but received tons more criticism,because(IMO) folks still associate him with the shiteness of last season.What % of chances has Ramirez fluffed of the more he's had as an actual striker.

We can see he's a different player this season,need to see if we can get more out of him over more games,to decide if this is as good as it gets,or worth pursuing with.Personally,think he may disappear in the meatier games,but willing to give him a chance til such time

He is worse, Considine and Hayes have at least hit the net this season, whereas Ojo wets the bed the minute he reaches the opposition box!

36 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

He's currently on a 3 year deal. 

In January he would be on a 2.5 year deal.

It's nothing like the Ryan Fraser situation that he burst in to the team as our best player with only 9 or 10 months of a contract.

2 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

The racist thing was a joke ffs, are use new here?

No, I did suspect this.

Pretty shite joke tho, and easy excuse to backtrack on if called out.
Nae sweat.

2 hours ago, DD1903 said:

I'm face palming the fact that stude got a bite from you... that's what

Well, you should have been more specific, and perhaps higlighted what you were referring to.

You tit.  ?

You're right tho. I should have known better.

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

BOOOO

Disinterested = unbiased

Uninterested = don't care

I am disinterested in the agreement about ojo, you are uninterested in my pedantry.

I didn't use that word.

So you are barking up the wrong tree.

Sorry about my pedantry in having to put you straight dude. ?

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He's currently on a 3 year deal. 

In January he would be on a 2.5 year deal.

It's nothing like the Ryan Fraser situation that he burst in to the team as our best player with only 9 or 10 months of a contract.

It's more the point that clubs will be keeping tabs on him, regardless of his current contract.  A large percentage of clubs in the top 2 divisions in England could afford to pay a few million for him if they wanted. 

6 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

Why can't some of you just enjoy that the kid is ours,and stop harping on how much bucks we're going to get for him.

Personally hope he's here for years.

Modern fitba 

Hopefully he's here for a good while yet and lifts a few trophies before he fucks off

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

It's more the point that clubs will be keeping tabs on him, regardless of his current contract.  A large percentage of clubs in the top 2 divisions in England could afford to pay a few million for him if they wanted. 

Doubt we've to worry about in the next four weeks.

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

No, I did suspect this.

Pretty shite joke tho, and easy excuse to backtrack on if called out.
Nae sweat.

Well, you should have been more specific, and perhaps higlighted what you were referring to.

You tit.  ?

a man of your experience in this forum should know better! This is what started everything ? 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Here is a question for anyone to answer regarding Ojo….If we had just signed this guy and we’re judging him on his 3 performances so far, would you be reasonably happy with what he is producing on the pitch? 

I was extremely critical of him when we originally signed him as he looked completely lost on the pitch under McInnes. Supposedly he is the player that is catching the eyes of the coaching staff. He is showing up very well in training and is surprising everyone at how much ability he has. I want to give him a couple of more matches under Glass to see if this transformation is genuinely for real but he will need to start looking like a professional footballer when it comes to shooting. I have a 9 year old son who could cause more problems in front of goal than him.

It's interesting to hear he's excelling in training. 

Have they said what position he's playing in the practice matches that he in particular is 'catching the eye', or are they saying he's going round cones like a boss?

• Haha 2
59 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

It's interesting to hear he's excelling in training. 

Have they said what position he's playing in the practice matches that he in particular is 'catching the eye', or are they saying he's going round cones like a boss?

As far as I know he isn’t looking like he has his boots on the wrong feet like he did under McInnes. It’s early days though, so just be grateful he has a new hairdo as the last effort he showed previously at Pittodrie made him look rubbish before he kicked a ball.

18 minutes ago, RUL said:

The chat coming from training that i've heard is fairly similar, Ojo sticking out, Ramirez finishing is unreal and Gurr is rapid. 

Kennedy still shite.

And so what is the chat coming from training that you’ve heard regarding Gallagher? Cos that’s the most baffling and slightly worrying of all

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maybe because he came back late after the Euros he might just not be up to speed yet compared to the others? 

I thought he was quoted as saying he only took a week off after the Euros so he could start pre-season with us at the same time as everyone else?

He's been outstanding in the 3 games this season. 

I'm struggling to think of recent players who've made a bigger impact coming through the youth system in their first few matches - Ryan Fraser maybe, but then he was an attacking player and never scored, so arguably Ramsay is doing his job better.

Going back quite a bit before that though