Calvin Ramsay

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Taylor and Doig will get the left back gigs in the full squad with Robertson and Tierney out? 

Douglas and Hickey in with a shout of getting called up too. 

Jack should have been a stick on for the u21 squad though. 

Hickey has been out injured and not played since February only just coming back. He probably won’t be in it. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Taylor and Doig will get the left back gigs in the full squad with Robertson and Tierney out? 

Douglas and Hickey in with a shout of getting called up too. 

Jack should have been a stick on for the u21 squad though. 

Robertson is fit again, was on Liverpool's bench yesterday

I knew Ramsay had potential when i lost him to Arsenal for £2 million at the very beginning of my FM20 game last year. He lost out though as my Dons team went on to win 13 league titles in a row, 17 x domestic cups, 3 x Champions Leagues, 2 x Europa, 3 x Super Cup's and 1 x World Club Championship.

I saw the future and it was most definitely Red!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't want to go overboard, but the boy is class. He was our best performer last night again and won us the pen to get the consolation.

I know he's contracted till 2024, but even though we may be unlikely to keep him that long, should we be offering a new contract to ensure we get top dollar?

Everton apparently offered a paltry £5M for Patterson of the huns and Ramsay looks to be a far better player 2 years younger. Surely he will be the next big sellable asset we have

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Don't want to go overboard, but the boy is class. He was our best performer last night again and won us the pen to get the consolation.

I know he's contracted till 2024, but even though we may be unlikely to keep him that long, should we be offering a new contract to ensure we get top dollar?

Everton apparently offered a paltry £5M for Patterson of the huns and Ramsay looks to be a far better player 2 years younger. Surely he will be the next big sellable asset we have

Absolutely we should. 

That said, his agent will know of how things have progressed with Patterson and might insist on a fixed sell on clause

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Absolutely we should. 

That said, his agent will know of how things have progressed with Patterson and might insist on a fixed sell on clause

Get it done then

£5M release clause with a 10% sell on fee.

If he keeps up at this pace, it wont be long before there are offers for him

Why are some folk more interested in selling players than anything else? 

Does nobody want to build a team anymore? Or do they just want to count the money in the club's bank account? 

The boy has played about 20 first team games. He'll sign an extension if we give him a fair wage for being a first team regular. But let's do it sooner rather than later.  Then let's enjoy him develop for a couple of years beforevwe chase him out the door. 

You've got to enjoy the real diamonds while they're here as the chances are their eventual replacements won't be as good. 

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why are some folk more interested in selling players than anything else? 

Does nobody want to build a team anymore? Or do they just want to count the money in the club's bank account? 

The boy has played about 20 first team games. He'll sign an extension if we give him a fair wage for being a first team regular. But let's do it sooner rather than later.  Then let's enjoy him develop for a couple of years beforevwe chase him out the door. 

You've got to enjoy the real diamonds while they're here as the chances are their eventual replacements won't be as good. 

I don't want to sell him, I want to enjoy his football as long as we can.

The reality is though that he is very good and clubs will be enquiring about him sooner rather than later

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

We under sell far too often.

I however don't want to sell the cunt. I want to win the champions league with him as our right back.

Agreed.

With 3 years left on his contract, what do you think Aberdeen would value him at?

If he were to sign an extension, taking his contract to another 4 or 5 years left, what release clause value would you think is fair?

All speculation of course

4 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I thought last night showed he still has lots to work on, no doubting his ability just now but still needs to improve, which with experience will hopefully happen.

I thought he was our best player last night and managed their winger very well defensively.

Qarabag played inverted wingers, meaning their left winger wanted to cut inside all the time, but Ramsay shepherded him down the line most of the time.

Interestingly it looked like Ramsay wanted to take the pen after he earned it. Wonder if he'll step forward once Ferguson leaves

21 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Interestingly it looked like Ramsay wanted to take the pen after he earned it. Wonder if he'll step forward once Ferguson leaves

Yeah, was that what actually happened? It did look like that, looked like someone (was it Ojo?) had to almost hold him back from something but Ferguson already had the ball and was standing on the penalty spot so kind of felt like a battle he was never going to win. I thought maybe there was something else going on at the same time?