Calvin Ramsay

5 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Yeah, was that what actually happened? It did look like that, looked like someone (was it Ojo?) had to almost hold him back from something but Ferguson already had the ball and was standing on the penalty spot so kind of felt like a battle he was never going to win. I thought maybe there was something else going on at the same time? 

I think Ramsay had a pissed off frustrated look about him. Maybe he doesn't like losing and thought he deserved the reward of the pen. by far our best player on the night and gave his all.

He's a good set piece taker, so why not pens when Ferguson moves on?

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

I think Ramsay had a pissed off frustrated look about him. Maybe he doesn't like losing and thought he deserved the reward of the pen. by far our best player on the night and gave his all.

He's a good set piece taker, so why not pens when Ferguson moves on?

Crazy to put him on penalties & heap on more pressure on him (unless he wants it)

Or Are you trying to go the Hun route & add value with fake goal tally?

26 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Crazy to put him on penalties & heap on more pressure on him (unless he wants it)

Or Are you trying to go the Hun route & add value with fake goal tally?

Nothing to do with the Huns version. It looked like he wanted it last night, hence why I brought it up.

He’s already shown a panache for set plays and a main player for deliveries. Maybe that extends to hitting the target from 12 yards.

Theres been a few full back penalty takers over the years. Dennis Irwin wisnae bad at it, we even had Tommy McQueen in the past, so why not with Calvin?

6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Nothing to do with the Huns version. It looked like he wanted it last night, hence why I brought it up.

He’s already shown a panache for set plays and a main player for deliveries. Maybe that extends to hitting the target from 12 yards.

Theres been a few full back penalty takers over the years. Dennis Irwin wisnae bad at it, we even had Tommy McQueen in the past, so why not with Calvin?

Not sure heaping penalty pressure as well onto such a young player would be a sensible idea in all honesty. Not to mention the damage in confidence it could make to Ramirez for example ? 

Ferguson was already penalty taker when he came in so when he goes then yes it’s up to best one to step forward but would like to think the striker would be the one. 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Not sure heaping penalty pressure as well onto such a young player would be a sensible idea in all honesty. Not to mention the damage in confidence it could make to Ramirez for example ? 

Ferguson was already penalty taker when he came in so when he goes then yes it’s up to best one to step forward but would like to think the striker would be the one. 

I’m not suggesting putting pressure on him to take them, just commented that it looked like he wanted to take it

15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Our best player I thought.

Still on a 3 year deal but if he stays as first pick for the next 2-3 months i'd double his wage to add another two years.

No need to jump in right now when he's played 3 games and has a 3 yr deal anyway.

They are working on a new long term contract. Should be signed shortly.

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

I’m not suggesting putting pressure on him to take them, just commented that it looked like he wanted to take it

I thought that to, he was trying to get the ball looked a bit disappointed he never got to which is a good sign. 

The boy is brilliant again thought he was really good last night. Watched first half of the rangers game last night and it’s the most id see of Patterson and Ramsay better than Patterson and it’s not just biased ness 

This kid is going straight to the top! Unbelievable how quickly he is developing. We need to enjoy it while we can as he won’t be here next summer if he carries on like this. He must of been man of the match in atleast half our games this season. If wolves and Newcastle are watching there players with us it won’t be long till they pick up on him. The best prospect I’ve seen in a dons shirt. 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

This kid is going straight to the top! Unbelievable how quickly he is developing. We need to enjoy it while we can as he won’t be here next summer if he carries on like this. He must of been man of the match in atleast half our games this season. If wolves and Newcastle are watching there players with us it won’t be long till they pick up on him. The best prospect I’ve seen in a dons shirt. 

Totally agree.

He looked knackered at the end (unsurprising given the shift he put in)

miles ahead of Patterson from what I’ve seen.

Just now, Millertime said:

Let's not get carried away,  a lot of his crosses didn't best the first man

Those weird clipped corners need some variety too 

A couple you mean. 

He put in far more than were stopped by first man.

Ramsay has been nothing short of spectacular overall. He had a poor mistake during one of goals on Thursday but has been fantastic in all other areas

Ramsay has easily earned the plaudits & been by far the best thing about this team since Galss came in.

We sort our defence & there will be far less concerns with the attack not clicking yet. 

If/once we get the confidence/organisation sorted at the back (through middle to our defence) then the rest can be under far less pressure. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I agree he looks a superb prospect, best in years

But some if his crossing wasn't great

They cannot all be perfect for such a young lad. Of course one or two are going to get cut out. Pointless to complain about such. Almost like you are worried he is already proving better than the Hun equivalent ? so you have to focus on a couple of blocked passes/crosses among a dozen or so successful ones at least

The more I watch him the better I think he is. I’ll probably get slaughtered for saying this but I think he’s already as good as Robertson was in his year at dundee United and tierney was in his early days at Celtic I think he’s going to go far in the game.

should be in Scotland squad not just scraping into the under 21s because of pull outs 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, thurso said:

The more I watch him the better I think he is. I’ll probably get slaughtered for saying this but I think he’s already as good as Robertson was in his year at dundee United and tierney was in his early days at Celtic I think he’s going to go far in the game.

should be in Scotland squad not just scraping into the under 21s because of pull outs 

Totally agree. If he was playing in an arse cheek shirt on this seasons form he would be the only thing the Scottish football media would be speaking about. At worst, if he was at Celtic it would be chat about which of him & Patterson should be playing for Scotland along with the argument of Tierney/Robertson for left side.

Seriously, how does Longstaff & Ramirez rate above Ramsay on today’s game ratings (bbc) people just voting up Longstaff because it was his debut? & Ramirez for the goal?

Ramsay was easily best player today. Longstaff had a decent enough debut & Ramirez put in a shift for sure but Ramsay was easily MOTM

26 minutes ago, thurso said:

I really rate Ramsay but that’s a lot of bollocks. At United Robertson was putting pinpoint crosses in 90% of the time as well as doing the hard work up and down the pitch. He’s good but he’s not Robertson good. Yet.

As for Scotland squad, he won’t get a look in as the hun lad will play every game or they will shoehorn Robertson or Tierney into right back. Or some other pish.