Christian Ramirez

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Sorry, what's all that verbal diarrhoea got to do with the fact you said ferguson was on pens for us immediately after Rooney missed against maribor?

Which I already implied that I got the game/time he was taken off penalties mixed up with when it happened latterly. 
this point was only a small point In bigger discussion that was going on anyway which is now being used for deflective purposes. That point being that ‘most teams’ that have a selection of competent penalty takers generally have an unofficial rule/agreement that you are only on penalties until such time as you miss. If there is nobody willing to take over then this obviously isn’t the case. 

You seem very focused on my one mistake rgds this game/time/example. Are you so desperate to point score that you cling to this one little glory point that somebody else picked up on?

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Which I already implied that I got the game/time he was taken off penalties mixed up with when it happened latterly. 
this point was only a small point In bigger discussion that was going on anyway which is now being used for deflective purposes. That point being that ‘most teams’ that have a selection of competent penalty takers generally have an unofficial rule/agreement that you are only on penalties until such time as you miss. If there is nobody willing to take over then this obviously isn’t the case. 

You seem very focused on my one mistake rgds this game/time/example. Are you so desperate to point score that you cling to this one little glory point that somebody else picked up on?

Ferguson still on penalties after Rooney missed against maribor m8?

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ferguson still on penalties after Rooney missed against maribor m8?

Obsessed ? 

you still a compulsive (but oblivious even when proven) liar? 

I don’t think anyone has been caught in more lies than you on here but still denies them.

at least I admit a mistake ?

57 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

McLean was a ‘jury’s out’ for large sections of the support back then. Especially in early season as he rarely (not until his final season) hit decent prolonged form until second half of seasons quite notoriously. 

People’s  majority opinions on McLean dramatically changed most notably only after we received a fee & loan back of him until end of what would have been his contract.

Nah. McLean was a good player.  Lots of people recognised that. 

A small minority didn't appreciate him until he was gone. Or didn't like him because he supported the Huns. 

Anybody with a modicum of football knowledge could see how important he was to the team. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nah. McLean was a good player.  Lots of people recognised that. 

A small minority didn't appreciate him until he was gone. Or didn't like him because he supported the Huns. 

Anybody with a modicum of football knowledge could see how important he was to the team. 

But many thought he was notoriously a very very slow starter each season. 
Was often mentioned rgds him that he never really turned up consistently until well into season

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

No we didn’t have any other  competent penalty takers back then. Maybe McGinn or McLean so back then Rooney held onto penalties by lack of competition.

Latterly though things changed (for us) but as a general rule (as I said) most clubs with multiple competent takers, they rotate by ‘take until you miss’ which was the point of the debate. Ferguson took over penalties before Rooney left at some point most likely but he certainly took over from Cosgrove 

edit. Why are you even continuing on this thread? There’s no hun chat. Thought you would have gotten bored here by now but I guess you are also obsessed with certain posters also as well as sevconian chat ?

Rooney was first choice on penalties until he left. When he was out the team McLean took them. Pretty sure they missed 1 pen between them the whole time. 

when both were gone, cosgrove took over. When cosgrove left, Ferguson took over. Nobody was ever dropped for missing 1. 

but I do have a very random memory of Phil McGuire being dropped from pens after missing 2. Why the fuck was Phil McGuire taking pens? Only @RAZOR will have the obscure football memory for this

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

But many thought he was notoriously a very very slow starter each season. 
Was often mentioned rgds him that he never really turned up consistently until well into season

Nah. It was a few. Not 'many'. 

Aye he was a slow starter some seasons but he was the playmaker in that team. He was one of the most important players.

1 minute ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Rooney was first choice on penalties until he left. When he was out the team McLean took them. Pretty sure they missed 1 pen between them the whole time. 

when both were gone, cosgrove took over. When cosgrove left, Ferguson took over. Nobody was ever dropped for missing 1. 

but I do have a very random memory of Phil McGuire being dropped from pens after missing 2. Why the fuck was Phil McGuire taking pens? Only @RAZOR will have the obscure football memory for this

Ferguson took penalties before Cosgrove left ?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else noticed he seems to have lost a little bit of that sparkle he had during his first couple months. Never stopped smiling before. For a few weeks now, I'd say around about the time he made a point of running over to Glass when he scored (ending the winless 9 games), he just doesn't light up as much. Even when he scored against Edinburgh City (granted it's not a glamourous stage) didn't even crack a smile. I'm maybe reading into it too much but just thought it was a curious thing.

On 1/6/2022 at 10:23 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

On 1/6/2022 at 11:10 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Only when Cosgrove was injured

cosgrove was otherwise always on pens. One of the main reasons he scored so many goals

why is your memory so bad 

This. Rooney never failed to take a penalty for us if he was on the pitch. McLean took a few towards the end of Rooney;s time because he was on the bench. Cosgrove took them on when both McLean and Rooney had left. Ferguson stepped in if Cosgrove wasnt playing then took over full time when Cosgrove left. 

55 minutes ago, DieHardDon said:

Anyone else noticed he seems to have lost a little bit of that sparkle he had during his first couple months. Never stopped smiling before. For a few weeks now, I'd say around about the time he made a point of running over to Glass when he scored (ending the winless 9 games), he just doesn't light up as much. Even when he scored against Edinburgh City (granted it's not a glamourous stage) didn't even crack a smile. I'm maybe reading into it too much but just thought it was a curious thing.

Are you from Canada? 

Ha! Chance would be a fine thing!

I definitely noticed that too but I interpreted it to be more out of frustration with his (lack of) scoring and then on Saturday when he did score it was more like 'one goal in however many games, nothing to celebrate'. Hopefully the smiles return as we charge back up the league 

That's the attitude! Hopefully see him kick on tonight.

27 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Man I dont think I even got up my seat when we made it 2-0 on the brink of half time against Edinburgh City. So I'm sure his emotions were about the same. He's not exactly going to run the length of the pitch and slide on his knees, that would be completely embarrassing for him, his family and his country. 

Granted, but that's why I said I've noticed it for about a few weeks now. I reckon @TheRock was bang on about being frustrated with himself rather than any turn down in happiness elsewhere.

10 hours ago, DieHardDon said:

He maybe felt a bit self-conscious being the only person in Aberdeen who ever smiles?

• Haha 4