Christian Ramirez

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Inverted wingers doesn't exactly help.  It's dull as fuck. 

They want to cut inside all the time, invariably slowing the game down

Overlapping full backs are fine but a proper winger hitting the byline trumps that every time. 

Not if that winger is connor McLennan. 

6 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You need to move though to get service

It also isn't 1993 and teams don't work with a "poacher", he needs to contribute 

He doesn’t pick the teams style of play and tactics though. Cunts 30 year al he’s not gonna change his style of play now. We knew what we were getting. 12 goals in Jan for this terrible dons team and doesn’t take pens… we’ve far bigger issues

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Easier way to do it... take away his goals and assists, we would be bottom.

He right now is the least of the worries. If we get better service into the box for him and he's pish then we have issues but currently he is not the problem.

He maybe isn't the problem, but I'm not sure he is the answer either

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

We will never know the answer until we get service to the guy.

When he does get that service he can certainly finish. The lack of it is a worry.

Get proper players to feed him then we can assess but for now given how shit the team has been... he is bottom of the list for being a concern.

He had the ball plenty tonight and lost it like a complete weakling

There have been far too many matches like that with him this season

Don't forget , RvN was top scorer for Man U and SAF got shot of him and used Saha instead; better for the team

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

That last paragraph... wtf.

I'm awa to bed.

Like your post about Hickey and Ramsay earlier... What the fuck has RVN and Saha got to do with Ramirez. Haha.

I suggest you bed time bear aswell.

That RvN was top scorer for man u  but was still correctly identified as a problem for the team!

Night x

8 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Where did I say that?

32 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He had the ball plenty tonight and lost it like a complete weakling

There have been far too many matches like that with him this season

Don't forget , RvN was top scorer for Man U and SAF got shot of him and used Saha instead; better for the team

What are you rambling on about Fergie dropping top scorer Van Nistelrooy for someone else if not suggesting we should be doing the same with Ramirez? 

8 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

What are you rambling on about Fergie dropping top scorer Van Nistelrooy for someone else if not suggesting we should be doing the same with Ramirez? 

Yeah, people are saying he isnt a problem because he is our top scorer

My perfect counter was rvn was man u top scorer and still got jettisoned, for the good of the team

We can't drop him though because we have no-one else!

For a match like tonight in a stuffy midfield, he wasn't much use. Coming deep constantly as the others were marked out the game with it being packed in there. 

A different kind of striker to stretch the game and give us a bit of tactical flexibility would be really welcome. 

But we know tactical flexibility isn't in the Glassterplan. 

• 2 weeks later...

He stays up front, his main strength, and has to feed on scraps, he gets shit for not being more involved. 

He gets frustrated and drops deep to see more of the ball, not his forte, and he gets shit for dropping deep. 

He'd be in a lose-lose situation if he wasn't putting the ball in the net despite all the obstacles put in his way. 

At some point every striker goes through an extended barren patch, and then he'll be the scapegoat once more. 

I'd like to see us pair him with Bez for a few games, just to see how that works out. 

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, Millertime said:

This guy is being so short-changed by our coaching staff

It's clear if given 3 chances, he will score 1 of them, roughly

So why are We not setting our team up better to supply him and work on his strengths?

A forward thinking approach like that would be detrimental to the possession stats. Priorities, loon…