Jack Mackenzie

6 minutes ago, Russell said:

Should definitely be keeping Hayes out. McGarry when he comes back seems a lot more similar to Devlin so guess it depends if he wants 2 marauding wing backs or one that can be a little more defensive and cover when the other is attacking. 

Horses for courses?

Harder games when we’re defending more, play MacKenzie, when we’re expected to be on the attack more, McGarry. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redtaz2 said:

Finally getting a bit of consistency in decent performances , does he have it to remain here and become a consi ??
I thought he was coping well on Sunday too but got subbed 

I was thinking the same tonight. He might come on to a steady game and play for us for us for years.

Occasional howler, but as he learns, body shape and positioning their trajectory is pretty similar.

MacKenzie has really turned things around and changed my opinion of him.

That first game of the season be as constantly holding his opposite player, around and in the box too and it was nerve wracking waiting for him to give away a penalty.

But he’s so much better as a full back and I don’t mind him being defend first and there’s plenty of time to improve the offensive side if he’s really solid defensively every week.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, Helmet said:

MacKenzie has really turned things around and changed my opinion of him.

That first game of the season be as constantly holding his opposite player, around and in the box too and it was nerve wracking waiting for him to give away a penalty.

But he’s so much better as a full back and I don’t mind him being defend first and there’s plenty of time to improve the offensive side if he’s really solid defensively every week.

Agreed. He’s got a chance of filling the Considine hole at AFC. Seems that something has clicked in his head.

• Upvote 1

Definitely improvement in the last few games. Particularly, with him showing a bit more confidence going forward.

Previously he was running forward, stopping and passing side ways or back. Now he’s making more attempts to go past his man and cross the ball or pass forward. 

Still not 100% convinced by him but certainly improvement. Hope he keeps it going. 

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

I think it’s down to confidence.Amazing the amount of times he used to stop and pass it backwards.

I don't think Jensen being on his side should be underestimated. Having someone like that backing you up should give you the confidence to get forward knowing you'll be properly covered.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We got though so he'll live and learn.

Will be a sore lesson for him missing a final. 

Let's not throw him under a bus. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Silly bugger. Does he miss the final for certain.?

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He won't learn

He is 23

It was idiocy from an idiot

He has zero pace, zero composure, zero skill, zero technique, zero concentration, zero most things for a professional footballer

Good one on one tackler, but that's clearly not enough

It's embarrassing him attempting a run up the wing

He is a disgrace and as I say, 23, so no real chance for improvement

Would much rather play Brendan Hamilton and alleviate the pressure on him by saying there's zero expectation and just go out, play and learn

Mackenzie is like an even shitter considine, he should not be allowed to stay any longer 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Hadn't seen the sending off incident in replay, happened off camera initially so I thought there was just some tangle or handbags. 

Nope... daft cunt runs after the Hibee and two handed decks him. 

Sunday League stuff. 

Oot the door wi him.

Eminently replaceable.