Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Fit's the latest on our new stadium? It's all gone rather quiet. Beginning to think we were lied to.

How long ago was it they first mentioned the Pittodrie pitch being too narrow for UEFA competition games to be played there and we'd have to play European games at a neutral venue. It was imperative we moved with some haste. Got to be over a decade back, maybe even a few. 

I'm sure they are working on it as we speak. Not like there's fuck all else going on.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

The Sør Arena, occupied by IK Start of Kristiansand in Norway.

That's more like it. Much more like it. More economically viable as well although I personally can't see us moving into a new stadium for at least another decade.

14.5 k capacity !! fine for a tin pot noggie club but not the famous 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

The Sør Arena, occupied by IK Start of Kristiansand in Norway.

That's more like it. Much more like it. More economically viable as well although I personally can't see us moving into a new stadium for at least another decade.

I agree but which decade is anyone’s guess 

22 minutes ago, Dandie1992 said:

When was a new stadium first discussed?

I can see us aa being auld mannies before ground is even broken

I’m tired of the whole thing.

Every now & again the press are fed bullshit & run some nonsense that is supposed to be some sort of update. 
I barely bother reading it & definitely don’t take anything seriously on the subject. 

Bottom line is we as a club can’t begin to afford it & there will be no forward thinking or positivity either from ACC, as they’re fucking clueless too & running the city in to the ground, regardless of what political party is in charge.  
Aberdeen is a shitehole. 
Do you really think ACC have any foresight or the gumption to work in partnership with the club for this beach development? 

It’ll be another generation before we have a new ground. 
Fuck knows what state Pittodrie will be in by then. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’m tired of the whole thing.

Every now & again the press are fed bullshit & run some nonsense that is supposed to be some sort of update. 
I barely bother reading it & definitely don’t take anything seriously on the subject. 

Bottom line is we as a club can’t begin to afford it & there will be no forward thinking or positivity either from ACC, as they’re fucking clueless too & running the city in to the ground, regardless of what political party is in charge.  
Aberdeen is a shitehole. 
Do you really think ACC have any foresight or the gumption to work in partnership with the club for this beach development? 

It’ll be another generation before we have a new ground. 
Fuck knows what state Pittodrie will be in by then. 

Year on year it gets more expensive. I used to think it would happen. Now I don’t. 

12 minutes ago, slippers said:

Year on year it gets more expensive. I used to think it would happen. Now I don’t. 

I'm in that camp, with one possible caveat.

If we get some rich fucker who is about to die and wants to dump a load of money on Aberdeen. That is the only scenario where I can see us affording a new stadium anywhere. Build costs have risen far beyond our ability to generate sufficient income to even support the paying back of loans I think. 

Well, unless we build a 5000 seater.

Wish we could just get going with this so Data Dave has a distraction, stop him interfering with on the pitch matters. He can micro manage the workers instead.

Seriously though, this is just another example of the shit show that is going on in the background. I understand that there is a lot involved, however this has been going on for how many years now? 

We should look to set the council a deadline to agree on a beach site or we go to Kingsford. 

They want the benefits of a beach stadium for Aberdeen city centre yet they just lift their skirt up every so often without actually giving out. They don't want to help fund it. 

If they don't want to help keeping local businesses running and keeping the city centre as the focal point it's on them.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dandie1992 said:

When was a new stadium first discussed?

I can see us aa being auld mannies before ground is even broken

Around the time Stewart Milne purposely started letting Pittodrie fall into disrepair.  The hun cunt

• Upvote 2

It would seem in the 25 - 30 years we've been talking about it most of the clubs in Scotland have managed to either build a new stand, renovate their exiting stadium, or even build a whole new stadium.  In the meantime we bought the toilets from Love Street.

A piecemeal, stand by stand rebuild of Pittodrie may not be ideal but it could be the only affordable option. 

3 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Just to be clear, the ONLY option is a renovation/rebuild at Pittodrie over a 10-15 year period. This is not an invitation to debate. 
Have a great Friday.

21 minutes ago, Dunty said:

How many fucking times do people need to be told a rebuild of Pittodrie is more expensive than a new stadium?

We can't afford a new stadium, so yeh let's do something even more expensive.

Sort this idiot out please @milne_afc

20 minutes ago, Dunty said:

How many fucking times do people need to be told a rebuild of Pittodrie is more expensive than a new stadium?

We can't afford a new stadium, so yeh let's do something even more expensive.

It goes in one ear and out the other with some people. Hearts were more than £20 million to redevelop one stand and that was 4 years ago before prices of materials went through the roof. To redevelop each stand at Pittodrie into something modern and without significantly reducing capacity i'd be surprised if we were under £100 million. We also wouldn't have the sale of the land Pittodrie is on to help fund it.